1223 users online (216 members and 1007 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

FL - 17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #5

Please continue here.

Remember the rules: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Remember the "ignore" feature on your profile page.

Please stick with the facts and link them. Link them often if necessary.

Please clearly state when it is your opinion, speculation only.

PM a mod with any questions or concerns and alert any TOS violations or offensive posts.

Please, please stay respectful of each other.

Thanks,

Salem

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166660"]Thread 4[/ame]

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Hi Mr. Hornsby! So glad you decided to stop by.

I have a legal question about all this.

What, if anything, will be done or could be done if that racial slur does turn out to be what GZ said? Is that enough to move into hate crime territory?

Thankx!

I was adviser to a student newspaper at a college with a large percentage of Black students. It is difficult to photograph dark skin in black and white - it does not reflect light as easily. Therefore, in many b/w photos of Blacks, the persons features were indiscernible. We routinely altered the photos in Photoshop to show the faces more clearly. That was the only reason.
    ---------

Best Friends Animal Society

A better world through kindness to animals

[I]Please help BestFriends help us.

https://www.bestfriends.org/donate/index.cfm?

Responding to an earlier question from roug...(can't remember how it's spelled)- There is no evidence that shows Trayvon could not have started the fight. Regardless of if he was followed, he still could have started a fight. It's quite simple and we don't know all the facts. Following someone is not starting a fight. I believe Mr. Hornsby confirmed this when he said that the evidence could show that GZ was in his rights to use deadly force...
    Justice for GEORGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
    I was adviser to a student newspaper at a college with a large percentage of Black students. It is difficult to photograph dark skin in black and white - it does not reflect light as easily. Therefore, in many b/w photos of Blacks, the persons features were indiscernible. We routinely altered the photos in Photoshop to show the faces more clearly. That was the only reason.
    How do you know?
    Justice for GEORGE!

Songline, Let me clarify for you. Suspension does equate to a bad kid. And it certainly does not make one deserving of being killed.

Mr. Hornsby,

Thanks so much for stopping by!

There are video cameras in that complex. Do you think LE looked over the tapes to see if anything was caught on tape? Why haven't we seen any written/recorded statements by George Zimmerman the night of the shooting? Pictures of his injuries? His clothes? Where are the Sunshine Laws?
    Justice for Trayvon

Glad to see you again Richard! So was Trayvon expected to know that GZ was carrying a gun and not fight back in fear of a stranger stalking him?

Tonight at 7:00 EST, Dateline NBC will have a segment on Trayvon's case for those who might be interested and don't know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
    I think the second picture looks more like the other pictures we have seen of him that are in color. Not sure why this is an issue unless someone would make it an issue. I think the public interest in the picture would be a clear picture that reflects what he looked like. At least it would for me. jmo

Songline, if he was acting as a Watch person, if in fact, as you maintain, he had a duty to do so, then did he not also have a duty to follow the rules of the Neighborhood Watch organization? I don't think you should be able to cloak yourself in the authority of an organization while flagrantly flouting it's rules.

I find it significant that Zimmerman does not identify himself as a member of the Neighborhood Watch to the dispatcher when he calls. Or at least nowhere I could find. I also find it significant that Chief Lee stresses that George was on a personal errand at the time of the incident. Moo

http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmerm...141231964.html

Does being a neighborhood watchman give them any authority?

Does anyone really believe that Trayvon jumped out and attacked George Zimmerman as he was walking back to his truck (after checking for the name of a street sign in a neighborhood he had stalked since 2009)?
    Justice for Trayvon

Quote Originally Posted by Inabsentia View Post
    Songline, if he was acting as a Watch person, if in fact, as you maintain, he had a duty to do so, then did he not also have a duty to follow the rules of the Neighborhood Watch organization? I don't think you should be able to cloak yourself in the authority of an organization while flagrantly flouting it's rules.

I find it significant that Zimmerman does not identify himself as a member of the Neighborhood Watch to the dispatcher when he calls. Or at least nowhere I could find. I also find it significant that Chief Lee stresses that George was on a personal errand at the time of the incident. Moo

http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmerm...141231964.html
    What authority does a neighborhood watch member have that is different than a private citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Does being a neighborhood watchman give them any authority?
    No. They are only suppose to watch, observe and report suspicious behavior to LE. They are not to pursue. jmo

Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast