1300 users online (229 members and 1071 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #4 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Sierra LaMar, 15, has been missing since Friday, March 16. She left home early that morning to walk to her bus stop for school. Her cell phone was found along a local roadway shortly after, and her purse/bag was also found later.

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

• The parents and the mother's boyfriend have been cleared. Sleuthing them and speculating about their involvement is off limits.
    • No arguing, and be respectful of other posters. One opinion is no more valuable than another, and we're each entitled to our own.
    • Posting links to Twitter accounts and FB pages of individuals other than the victim (and suspect if one is eventually named) is against the rules. Keep in mind that many of Sierra's friends are minors.

Social Networks

...social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).
    Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

PREVIOUS THREADS:
    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3

Case Map (Thanks, Wondergirl!) - http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...mid=1332261677
    Last edited by KateB; 04-07-2015 at 02:08 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

Katydid in reply to your question on the other thread. Yes they can recover deleted tweets ,messages and such.It is amazing what they can recover now days.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

NBCBayArea.com
    updated 2 hours 57 minutes ago

Update:: The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office says they will not conduct a search for Sierra Lamar Sunday. Instead investigators say they are working on documenting the interviews they have conducted over that last several days. They will also evaluate the next steps in the investigation.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46846130#.T2-SGtXd5Bl
    I think the crime lab found something interesting on her laptop or phone and the FBI is working on tracing it down today, MOO.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Katydid in reply to your question on the other thread. Yes they can recover deleted tweets ,messages and such.It is amazing what they can recover now days.
    Technology freaks me out. Tin-foil hat time: I am always afraid that one day down the road my ancestors will be "sleuthing" me and people will have access to people's online history from like 50 years ago - like search terms, old long and gone websites/blogs and FB pages, etc. I never ever use real information anywhere because I don't want a permanent, infinite mark on the internet. Thank god I don't have kids yet and it will be many moons before I have teenagers. I hope by then technology/privacy/FB all join hands and get along. Sorry if that went kind of OT but social media, if you really think about it, is frigthening. I guess that will be my generations "Rock and Roll is the devil's music".

Everything is MOO and I am always willing to be wrong!

October 2013 marked 60 years since Evelyn Hartley's violent kidnapping while babysitting.

We need fresh eyes in the case - please visit us in
    Evelyn's thread!

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each

From what I understand it is supposedly this shirt that she is wearing in the above photo.. photo supposedly taken within minutes prior to her leaving her house last Friday.. and that it is this shirt that is believed to have been found neatly folded in her pink and black juicy Couture bag that was located off the road..

I believe it is this Sharks shirt that has been the focus and somewhat mystery due to the fact its assumed that very soon thereafter she snapped this pic of her wearing the Sharks shirt that she was out the door headed to school.. therefore strange is it that it appears to be the same Sharks shirt that is neatly folded along with pants, panties and bra in her pink and black juicy Couture bag..the bag that was located couple miles from the home, off the side of the road..

Or do I have it all jumbled and wrong? Is there a different Sharks shirt that is involved or just the one that she is wearing in the pic taken Friday, March 16, 2011?

"I'm hoping that you know, you think of her as your own child," Marlene LaMar said. "You know, she's, she was such a lovable young lady."

Speaking in the past tense,wonder what LE/FBI told her?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46846130#.T2-Uw3IpWSq

Has there been any MSM information about her school books?
    Been trying to find info and found one place that says her Juicy bag was where they were and most others just guessing. I know it's been speculated if she would have carried books or classroom books on cd...
    I was specifically interested if LE or MSM has mentioned it.
    TIA

I think there is a jersey AND a sweatshirt. But the sweatshirt that you showed in the picture is what she was wearing when she took a picture on her computer that morning. HOWEVER, my DD used to always change her sweatshirt or her jacket at the very very last minute on the way to school. She may have done the same thing, and just packed it for later. She may have put on a different hoodie or not worn one at all, especially if she was expecting a ride from someone.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Has anyone heard if anyone besides mom, moms bf, and Sierra live in the house?

Did they have anyone working at the house, yard, cleaning, etc?
    Jmo kseal07

Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.
    --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post

From what I understand it is supposedly this shirt that she is wearing in the above photo.. photo supposedly taken within minutes prior to her leaving her house last Friday.. and that it is this shirt that is believed to have been found neatly folded in her pink and black juicy Couture bag that was located off the road..

I believe it is this Sharks shirt that has been the focus and somewhat mystery due to the fact its assumed that very soon thereafter she snapped this pic of her wearing the Sharks shirt that she was out the door headed to school.. therefore strange is it that it appears to be the same Sharks shirt that is neatly folded along with pants, panties and bra in her pink and black juicy Couture bag..the bag that was located couple miles from the home, off the side of the road..

Or do I have it all jumbled and wrong? Is there a different Sharks shirt that is involved or just the one that she is wearing in the pic taken Friday, March 16, 2011?
    Frircc no one knows for sure what she left the house wearing. There has been to many different statements that vary one her mom saw her in pjs one in a sharks shirt one in a sharks sweatshirt. Imho I think the clothes were a spare set.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Gidget View Post
    "I'm hoping that you know, you think of her as your own child," Marlene LaMar said. "You know, she's, she was such a lovable young lady."

Speaking in the past tense,wonder what LE/FBI told her?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46846130#.T2-Uw3IpWSq
    Her mom from almost day 1 has spoken of her in past tense. I have learned not to put much weight in the way her mom speaks right now.

Quote Originally Posted by buggsmom View Post
    Has there been any MSM information about her school books?
    Been trying to find info and found one place that says her Juicy bag was where they were and most others just guessing. I know it's been speculated if she would have carried books or classroom books on cd...
    I was specifically interested if LE or MSM has mentioned it.
    TIA
    http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/17...-clothes-found

"It was her clothing. It was things that she would have kept with her and it was school books. We believe she was on her way to school. It shouldn't have been where it was. It definitely elevates our concerns," said Sheriff Laurie Smith of the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department.

There is probably a lot FBI knows about the social networks then we know because you can send a private message on Facebook or Twitter.Unless you have their password you won't be able to see it.With their superb technology they can see it all,everything coming or going.I am willing to bet they have some good information.Not to mention the cell phone.Believe me nothing is really private.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post

Dunno. They have not released a color. I thought it was this one. Only because there is another shark pic on her tumblr.

~ moo I am probably wrong though.
    tumblr_lvylf44GsN1qfcpeeo1_500.jpg
    * ETA: I am wrong this is a "phantom shark" sweatshirt!
    tumblr_lryiznXFeZ1qb3iwmo1_500.jpg
    Last edited by gngr~snap; 03-25-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: ETA
    ~ my opinion only

Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast