ME ME - Fay Johnson, 62, Bethel, 7 Mar 2012

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Woman moving to Bethel from Lewiston goes missing

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/...-moving-to-bethel-from-lewiston-goes-missing/

NORmissingwomanP032612-250x250.jpg

I sent this potential match to the woman wandering in Oregon to both Linn County, OR and Oxford Co, Maine, sheriffs depts.

I hope it is a match and this is Fay and she will be able to be returned to her loved ones.

Salem

Response:

Thank you Salem. We received the same information yesterday from an Associated Press reporter in Helena Montana. Looks like the story is getting out there and I appreciate folks like you helping us in our attempt to help this lady.

I'll see what's going on with the website, that was supposed to have been fixed several months ago. Thanks for letting me know.

Take care,

Tim (Tim is the sheriff in Linn County, Oregon).

NamUs Profile

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/14433

Case Information
Status
Missing
First name
Fay
Middle name
Elain
Last name
Johnson
Nickname/Alias
Date LKA
March 07, 2012 09:00
Date entered
04/05/2012
Age LKA
62 to 62 years old
Age now
63 years old
Race
White
Ethnicity
Other
Sex
Female
Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)
140.0 to 160.0

http://www.businessinsurance.com/ar...41219932?tags=|338|70|74|76|339|257|91|304|92

Home Depot Inc. will not have to continue paying workers compensation benefits for a Maine employee who has been missing since 2012 unless she reappears and appeals for benefits to be reinstated, the Maine Supreme Judicial Court ruled Thursday.

Fay E. Johnson was injured while working for Home Depot in January 2009, and Home Depot has been paying workers comp benefits to her since that time, court records show. Ms. Johnson disappeared in March 2012, and her whereabouts are unknown.

Missing Persons | Maine State Police

Johnson, Fay
Case date: 2012
Town: Bethel/Lewiston

attach.php

Fay Johnson was last seen on March 12, 2012 in the Lewiston/Auburn area; she also has ties to Bethel. Fay has serious medical/mental health conditions, does not have access to her medications and wears a medical alert necklace for her pacemaker.

Contact: Maine State Police, Major Crimes Unit-South, One Game Farm Rd, Gray, ME. 04039 1-800-228-0857 (In State); (207)624-7076 (Out of State); (207)657-5748 (Fax)

You may also report information about this crime using the leave a tip form.

Maine State Police - Family members have commented.
159407133_4774555219226638_5664435294909225547_n.jpg

MISSING PERSON
FAY, JOHNSON
MARCH 12, 2012
Fay Johnson was last seen on March 12, 2012 in the Lewiston/Auburn area. She also has ties to Bethel. Fay has serious medical/mental health conditions, does not have access to her medications and wears a medical alert necklace for her pacemaker.
If you have any information about the disappearance of Fay, please contact the Maine State Police, Major Crimes Unit-South at 1 Game Farm Rd., Gray, ME 04039 or call them at 207-624-7076.
You may also report information about this crime using the leave a tip form at the link below.
https://www.maine.gov/.../report.../major-crimes-unit-south

Last edited:
March 10, 2022

<<"This was a frail woman who had a therapy dog, which makes her disappearance even more strange," Chavez said.
Johnson's dog was found running around her apartment, and she reportedly left a note saying she was planning on moving out.
Detectives said Johnson also left behind her purse, which held her ID and cellphone. Johnson did not have a car at the time and relied on friends to drive her back and forth to Lewiston, where she previously lived.>>

• fay_elain_johnson_1.jpg
  • fay_elain_johnson_2.jpg
  • fay_elain_johnson_3.jpg
  • johnson_fay4.jpg
Johnson, circa 2012
  • Missing Since 03/07/2012
  • Missing From Bethel, Maine
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 62 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 140 - 160 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A medical alert bracelet that says "Pacemaker."

• Medical Conditions Johnson has several serious medical conditions, including bipolar disorder, and she is in need of medications which she doesn't have with her. She also wears a pacemaker.

• Associated Vehicle(s) Green 2004 Subaru Forester (accounted for)

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. White hair, blue eyes. Johnson has a surgical scar on her left knee. Most of her teeth are missing, but she does not have dentures.

Details of Disappearance​

Johnson was last seen in Bethel, Maine on March 7, 2012. She was in the process of moving from a residence on Bates Street in Lewiston, Maine to an apartment on Vernon Street in Bethel at the time of her disappearance. She has never been heard from again.

Her vehicle, a green 2004 Subaru Forester, was wrecked before her disappearance and undriveable, but she apparently took the car's vanity license plate, which reads reading "SASSYFJ." She relied on friends to drive her places, since her car was not working.

Johnson apparently left her therapy dog, Sassy, behind at the Bethel residence, which is uncharacteristic of her. Five days later, her landlord contacted an animal control officer, who removed Sassy from the home. It was only then that Johnson's disappearance was reported to the police.

Her cellular phone has been turned off and there's no money left in her bank account. There were possible sightings of her in the local area after her disappearance; witnesses said she was acting confused.

Although foul play is not suspected in Johnson's case, because of her medical conditions, she is considered to be in danger. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning, and she left behind her purse, identification and cellular phone.

Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Oxford County Sheriff's Office 207-743-9554

Source Information​

Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 3, 2022; details of disappearance updated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back