Thread: VT - Melissa Jenkins - 33 years old - St. Johnsbury - 25-Mar-2012

VT - Melissa Jenkins - 33 years old - St. Johnsbury - 25-Mar-2012

http://www.rutlandherald.com/article...STIN/120329962

updated 7 a.m.
    Published: March 26, 2012

St. Johnsbury woman missing; child abandoned in her car
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-27-2012 at 06:59 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

fhc

Police search for missing Vt. woman

http://www.necn.com/03/26/12/Police-...18d8d1bc9c7813

Mar 26, 2012 7:15am

Short article at link

4. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

fhc

Police search for missing St. Johnsbury woman

http://www.reformer.com/latestnews/c...ohnsbury-woman

Posted: 03/26/2012 08:02:28 AM EDT
    Updated: 03/26/2012 08:04:25 AM EDT

Woman's 2-year-old son found alone in car

6. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

fhc

Suspicion builds in mom's disappearance

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/vt-woma...elissa-jenkins

Updated: Monday, 26 Mar 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
    Published : Monday, 26 Mar 2012, 4:07 PM EDT

ST. JOHNSBURY, Vt. (AP) - Vermont State Police investigators believe a missing woman whose 2-year-old son was found alone in her SUV with the engine running is a victim of foul play.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

fhc

Just heard on our local news that a body has been found close to the area.
    Evil don't look like anything...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shelby2 For This Useful Post:

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shelby2 For This Useful Post:

Burlington Free Press: body found

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bodhi For This Useful Post:

fhc

Body found 11 miles away from the car/home.

ETA location was from WCAX'S first report that a body was found. Burlington Free Press report states a body was found off Comerford Dam Road in Barnet, where Ms Jenkins lived and car was found. Barnet is 11 miles from St. Johnsbury.
    Last edited by Bodhi; 03-26-2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: clarify

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bodhi For This Useful Post:

So sad...Rest in Peace Melissa...Prayers for her son, family, friends, students and the community.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

Just saw on the news it is indeed her; they will not comment on COD at this time.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Shelby2 For This Useful Post:

fhc

Melissa Jenkins Update: Autopsy confirms body is that of missing Vermont woman

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...chool-teacher/

March 27, 2012 3:59 PM
    By Crimesider Staff

(CBS/AP) ST. JOHNSBURY, Vt. - Vermont State Police say an autopsy has confirmed that a body found off a back road is that of prep school teacher Melissa Jenkins who disappeared while her son was left unharmed in her idling car.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
    Rest in Peace Ms. Jenkins.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Poor lady, she was a s

Poor lady, she was a single mom, teacher, coach, and held another job (per the news). Very hardworking. I hope they have a POI.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Shelby2 For This Useful Post:

Police Make Arrests In Jenkins Murder

http://caledonianrecord.com/main.asp...rticleID=76655

Police took Allen Prue, 30, and his wife Patricia Prue,33, into custody late Tuesday night in connection with the murder of Melissa Jenkins.
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327

Bizarre - what could be the possible motive? Were they trying to rob her?
    She was said to be going to "help someone out."

It's sounding like possibly another one of those cases where some cretin wants to hurt/kill a woman for his sexual jollies, and his female partner goes along with it for whatever unfathomable reason:

"Suspect in Vermont teacher's killing reportedly wanted to 'get a girl'"

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-to-get-a-girl

Vermont police on Wednesday charged a couple with second degree murder in the death of teacher Melissa Jenkins, and court documents allege they pretended to have car trouble to lure her to a site where she was strangled.

Allen Prue, 30, told police he wanted to "get a girl" on Sunday night, the court documents state, noting that in the past he had asked victim Melissa Jenkins out.

Patricia Prue, 33, allegedly called Jenkins on Sunday night and told her they needed help.
    As sick as it makes me when anything like this happens, it makes me even sicker when a woman plays a part in doing something like this to another woman. For what? To prove your "love" to a whey-faced loser? If my husband ever comes home and announces that he has a hankerin' for another woman, well, that's the day I walk out the door, period. But to help him kidnap and murder another woman? That I just cannot fathom, under any circumstances. Now, we've been married a long time, and to be honest, I might be tempted to cover up any number of crimes for him: tax evasion, perjury, etc. (Not saying I necessarily would, just that I might be tempted.) But help him plan and carry out something like this? I just don't get that--as much as I love my husband, the day he said he wanted to do something like this, my love would die immediately and I would get my sexual jollies by running to the police straight away. Not for a minute would it occur to me as the perfect way to cement our true, true love.

Not surprisingly, Prue's mother says "he didn't do it":

Following the Wednesday court appearance, Allen Prue's mother, Donna Prue, says her son has never been in trouble with the law before and she has faith he didn't commit the crime.

According to court documents, Jenkins received a call from the couple asking her for help. Jenkins had told someone Prue had made her “uncomfortable in the past.”
    http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-new...z/-/index.html

Heartbreaking part of above article:

The documents also say the pair allegedly strangled Jenkins in front of her two-year-old son. The documents also state the child demonstrated to authorities “what a man did to mommy.”
    I really, really hope that last part isn't true.

ETA:

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...cher-her-death

The police affidavit said Allen Prue used to plow Melissa Jenkin’s driveway, and that he and his wife went out Sunday night, and while they were out, Allen “got the idea to get a girl.”

Caledonia County State’s Attorney Lisa Warren said, “It appears that this was sexually motivated.”

The affidavit does not state who specifically killed Jenkins, but suggests they both at one point choked her. Warren says there was an “effort by the both of them in strangling her.” Police state Jenkins body was thrown in a river after she was strangled.

The Prues called Jenkins Sunday night to say they needed help with their car because they were having car trouble on her road. The documents also say that in the past Allen Prue had asked Jenkins out.
    OK, seriously...you're out with your husband, when suddenly he "gets the idea to get a girl" for sexual reasons? And you're all, "Hey, sounds like a great idea--how about that other woman you tried to get to go out with you?" WTF? How hard up do you have to be before you just blithely go along with such a plan?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mouse For This Useful Post:

Angry Second degree?

If the perps called and lured her out, surely that is evidence of pre-meditation? Or is the contention that the had not intended to kill her, just sexually attack her? Unbelievable, those two.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

I could be wrong (and probably am), but I thought that premeditation could happen in as little as a couple of seconds. In other words, you don't have to have planned something for hours or days in order for their to be a finding of premeditation...it can be as short an amount of time as seconds or minutes. Something like, it's about knowing that your actions will cause another's death, and doing it anyway. So you can form premeditation/intent pretty much at the time of those actions (vs. killing someone when you didn't intend to). I don't know...maybe different states have different interpretations of that? In any case, they can always change/raise the charges later, right? They might have been going with whatever charges they could definitely use right now just to get these people in custody, and may change or raise the stakes later?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Mouse For This Useful Post:

I saw this today on the computer. Now Vermont has this and the Brooke Bennett cases to ponder.

Disgusting, sick pieces of *****!! I seriously do not understand what makes people do this, I just thank god that little boy is young enough to be able to forget what he saw happen to his mommy. My heart breaks for her family

On the one hand, I'm thrilled the little boy could remember what he did because he probably solved his mother's murder. If her body had gone unfound, this sick couple might have gotten away with the next murder, next time they had a hankerin'. Unless they just got married, it appears Prue tried to cheat on his wife with Melissa, so she had every motivation herself to try to get rid of her.

I too hope the little boy can forget the details now. After all, this couple really tried to kill him too. Leaving a small child alone in an open car in the winter in Vermont just shows how doubly depraved they were.

Expect a boo-hoo defense from the wife, "I was an abused woman afraid of my husband and just going along with it!" This reminds me of the Canadian couple where the woman actually bashed the girl to death after the husband finished raping her. The woman lured the little girl off the street. It sounds like sex offenders are "learning" from Garrido and other cases that first, you pick up a sick woman and marry her, and then she helps you procure other victims. Now we have all new things to warn our kids and female friends about.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dovebar For This Useful Post:

What is wrong with people....GAWD
    May you rest in peace.....Tori Stafford

Missing but never forgotten Nicole Louise Morin last seen July 30th 1985

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32372