IA - Gretchen Crooks, 37, murdered, Osage, 24 March 2012

It is always so alarming to read that the killer was "stoic" and "calm". The mental illness in our society is overwhelmingly being ignored.

Wow, Osage is a small town. My husband's parents were born there and his grandparents still live there. Wonder if any of them knew this family. So sad.

First homicide in 114 years I think? No history of any problems at home or school. I wonder what could have happened. "calm & stoic"-detached?

This case just troubles me.

What makes a normal 13 yo just snap like that?

Surely there HAD to be warning signs, right???

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...cle_291fe926-7865-11e1-836d-001871e3ce6c.html

The 13-year-old rural Osage boy accused of murdering his mother is also accused of assault with intent to commit sexual abuse in Mitchell County Juvenile Court, according to court records.

A delinquency petition outlining the acts allegedly committed by Noah Riley Crooks was filed in court Wednesday.

Allegations include first-degree murder, a Class A felony; and the allegation of assault with intent to commit sexual abuse, a Class C felony.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...cle_291fe926-7865-11e1-836d-001871e3ce6c.html

The 13-year-old rural Osage boy accused of murdering his mother is also accused of assault with intent to commit sexual abuse in Mitchell County Juvenile Court, according to court records.

A delinquency petition outlining the acts allegedly committed by Noah Riley Crooks was filed in court Wednesday.

Allegations include first-degree murder, a Class A felony; and the allegation of assault with intent to commit sexual abuse, a Class C felony.

WOW.

So he tried to sexually assault his mom??? Am I reading this right??

WTH?

What the hecK? I think I found the kid's FB. His profile pic looks like a small, goofy-faced, curly-haired kid. What the heck happened? I know pictures don't usually tell the whole story but they seemed like a very normal family.

How just awful awful terrible. Any other news on this? Just does not seem right.

I cant even BEGIN to imagine what her husband/his father is going through right now.

This is disturbing me so much.

Here facebook is public and I spent a long time today reading her posts. She was bragging about her husband cooking her dinner and her son, Noah playing his instrument for them and how much she loved her life.

This is mind boggling.

I am not sure that the sexual assault charges mean he tried to assault his mom. Maybe he tried to assault someone else, and mom tried to stop it?

I'm gonna go with katydid23's theory. Until I know otherwise, hers is much easier on the minds eye.

amanda and katydid, I think I might join y'all in that place for a while.

At what age does schizophrenia rear its ugly head usually? I'm of course hoping it was some kind of mental illness as opposed to him doing this out of pure evil.. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back