1303 users online (256 members and 1047 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Investigators CTV on Darlie 23 Nov.

ALERT!!
    Hour long show on Darlie Routier! 8 pm eastern

Thanks!! Thats in about 10 minutes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Thanks!! Thats in about 10 minutes!!

Was it a new show or just a rerun? Anything interesting in it (we won't get it screened over here)

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_T
    Was it a new show or just a rerun? Anything interesting in it (we won't get it screened over here)

Same old stuff. I took notes in case any newbies had questions about what was actually true on the show and what was b.s.

I thought it was very slanted in favor of Darlie.

Jeana, I would appreciate your list of what was true and what wasn't.

I missed it too. :-( Recap?

I don't get CTV, unfortunately, so if a recap can be given, I'd appreciate it also

Cheers,
    Pea
    JMO

Recap

Excerpts of interviews with
    Darlie Routier
    DA
    journalist
    Darin Routier
    home movies
    appellate attorney
    she's one of 8 women on Tex. death row
    sentenced in 1997 for murder of Damon
    accused by not tried for murder of Devon
    supporters seen with signs: Honk for the innocent!
    Recap of murders:
    Darin asleep upstairs with baby Drake
    "Since his birth Darlie had trouble sleeping when he cried at night."
    [lisa sez: Don't most mothers wake up when their babies cry?]
    "So when the boys decided to sleep downstairs, she stayed with them.
    Then at 2:30 am all hell broke loose."
    photos of crime scene
    excerpts from 911 call
    Darin: "First thing I hear is some real light glass break. Next thing I hear is Darlie screaming...I ran downstairs...Darlie is just freaking. She was "Devon Devon Devon Devon Devon Devon Devon Devon" She just went off and saying it a million times in a row."
    911 call--- Darlie: OMG...OMG...he's dead
    Darin tells how he went straight to Devon and how he tried to give him CPR.
    911 Darlie: I was fighting...he ran out through the garage, threw the knife down...my babies are dying... they're dead
    home movies of the boys
    "Darin Routier was so intent on trying to save first, Devon and then Damon that he didn't even realize that his own wife's throat had been slashed and she was bleeding profusely."
    photo of wounds after treatment
    Darin: "There was blood everywhere. The carpet is blood red form one end of the house to the other and mostly all Darlie's. Darlie almost bled to death."
    "we believe he [Damon] was stabbed laying down. And he was stabbed in the back....He obviously gets up and puts his hand on his mommy. That's how Darlie says she wakes up."
    "In her written statement to police she said she was asleep on the couch when she heard Damon cry. She also said there was a man standing down at my feet walking away from me."
    Mother Darlie Kee interviewed, remembers the scene of lots of police.
    Darin: "Contaminating everything..."
    Police found no intruder in area. Did find cut screen in garage, a sock with blood drops on it in the alley, inside on the kitchen counter a bloody knife
    Darlie said she picked up the knife after finding it in the utility room.
    But nothing was stolen. Event he jewelry Darlie had left on the kitchen counter (photo of lots of rings and a watch)
    former publ. Rowlette lakeshore Times, Greg Lynch spoke of fears in town
    Inexperienced Rowlett police brought in retired Dallas investigator James Cron? : "I noticed the blood or lack of blood in some cases. There was a lack of evidence connecting a suspect to this. All we had was a scene and victims. And therefore one of the victims became the suspect. We didn't start looking at the mother until 20-30 minutes in. I said something's wrong with this scene."
    Just who is Darlie Routier?

home movies, photos
    Darlie in hospital
    Routiers cooperated fully
    Stunned people outside the house
    photos of Darlie and Darin
    1988 wedding--- Darlie 18, Darin 20
    Darlie describes her idyllic life
    exp. home and boat, Darlie fashionably dressed
    birth of 3 boys
    Darin describes what an awesome mother she is.
    Darin describes Damon and Devon
    "Darlie and Darin had made future plans. They wanted to renew their wedding vows, go on vacation. But their first priority was a 7th birthday party for Devon. Invitations had already been sent."
    "Silly String" video is shown of gum-chewing, smiling Darlie at the boys' graves, singing happy birthday.
    Greg Davis, DA, was "repulsed" by this scene.
    Darin says they would do it again
    It was done out of honor for them.
    Darlie: That birthday party was done out of complete love. Unselfish love. Nothing but pure love done for hm because he wanted to be 7.
    "Even so, the silly string tape would prove to be a big mistake."
    appellate attorney Stephen Cooper: I don't believe bad taste equates to criminal responsibility.
    Excerpt from police surveillance video
    Shows prayer being said at graveside
    Cooper: Prior to that birthday celebration there was a two hour memorial service with all the appropriate sermons, crying, hugs and sobs among the family and friends that were there."
    [lisa says: TWO HOURS?]
    "The Routiers believed that while they were grieving the police were out looking for the intruder. A strange black car had been seen several times in the neighorhood."
    Darin: They had 100s of leads and people calling in....Neighbors saw the black car but w/o a license plate # what have you got?
    "What the police had was this: a blood trail that ended in the utility room that connected to the garage. there was also a cut window screen and a sock with blood drops on it left by a sewer drain in the alley by the house. For a crime so bloody and vicious, police believed there should have been much more evid. of a disturbance. And then there were Darlie's statements about the intruder. They were just not adding up."
    DA: The orig. story on the 911 tape was that she woke up and she began fighting with the man at the couch.
    911 Darlie: Some man came in...stabbed my babies...stabbed me...I woke up...I was fighting...he ran out through the garage...
    DA: When the officers come to the scene she says that she woke up, she chased this man and fought with him in the kitchen...and then we have a progression to her saying she woke up and saw a man walking away from her with no struggle.
    Darlie Kee: Darin and Darlie had said: "Innocent people don't need attorneys."
    "What the police were doing is gathering evidence. Enough to pin the murders on Darlie."

[lisa says: I object to this wording of "pin" the murders on Darlie. As if they were fabricating it. This is very slanted.]

Darlie's mug shot.
    coming up...the trial...

Thanks for the recap, lisafremont! Greatly appreciated

Cheers,
    Pea
    JMO

When is the "trial" one coming on? Did it say?

PS THANKS

It's already been on! I am transcribing it in segments. I typed up the last bunch and the PC froze up and lost all that typing! Dang! Sorry. You will just have to be patient.

hurryhurryhurryhurry. Opps I mean dang, I missed it!

Dang girl, I didn't know you were TRANSCRIBING IT! Can I kiss you? What a person!

more home movies. very sad
    Jeff Crilley, Fox 4 tv reporter: It's like our own Susan Smith. "We couldn't do enough Darlie stories."
    Off camera voice asks: What do you think happened that night?
    Darin: I think we have the prettiest house on the block. And I think I have the prettiest wife on the block and I believe that someone decided to followe her home from the grocery store, follow her home from the tanning salon, I don't know.
    CPS took Drake into custody but Darin's parents won temp. custody.
    DA began building its strategy.
    DA Greg Davis: There were very calculated efforts made throughout this crime to try to divert attn, to try to mislead the police.
    "To this day, the sequence of events is unclear. But the state argued that Darlie had not only murdered her children, but before slashing her own throat, put the murder weapon in the utility room, cut the garge screen window and put the sock in the alley. Presoceutors claimed that Darlie planned it all, hoping to make it look like an intruder had been in the house."
    Davis: Why would someone take a sock out of the home? You maean to tell me that they would leave a murder weapon behind with fingerprints perhaps on it and they are going to take a sock down an alleyway?
    Defense atty Doug Mulder: I don't think the Routiers, either one of them, would have been sophisticated enough to plant something down the alley, near a trash recepticle. I think that's more consistent with someone discarding something as he flees.
    Venue of trial changes to conservative Kerrville over Mulder's objection.
    DA seeks death penalty because Damon is under 6 years.
    Crilley: She came into the courtroom. She had this kinda smug look on her face. The police described her as a woman living in the fast lane. She and her husband had accumulated some debt. She was despised. People hated her.
    No tv coverage.
    Bank statements revealed the Routiers had less than $2500 in their acct. the day of the murders and were behind on mortgage payments.
    Darlie Kee: She killed her children b/c she was tired of her lifestyle?? GMA B, she lived for those children!
    Davis: Three was financial pressue there b/c of her level of spending. Their income was leveling off. That's one thing. We know too she was depressed following the birth of her 3rd son. In fact a month earlier she had attempted suicide in her home according to her own journals.
    "Indeed, Routier's journal does say she cannot go on and hopes that Devon, Damon and Drake will forgive her. But Darin Routier insists his wife was not suicidal...He denies having financial problems."
    The wounds she suffered were dramatically different from the children's. Theirs were deep, penetrating stab wounds to the chest, back and torso. Hers are slashes and cuts to the extremities and the neck area.
    "The defense argued that Darlie was right-handed and in order to slash her own neck and stab her right arm she would have had to change hands."
    Crime scene investigator james Cron emphatically stated that no intruder ever entered the house.

Richard Mosty, Routier defense atty: I think Mr. Cron missed his calling. He should have been a psychic reader. He was out there 20 mins and had the case solved. Doesn't have a fingerprint, hadn't talked to anybody, hadn't seen any of the evidence.
    "Lab tests revealed another kitchen knife contained fibers from the window screen that had been cut. And that the bloody fingerprints throughout the house belonged only to Darlie, Devon and Damon and not anyone else."
    [lisa sez: What about Darin???]
    "Defense accused the police of contaminating the evidence and not preserving the crime scene."
    FBI profiler Alan Brantley who examined crime scene photos & other reports, testified for the state.
    Brantley: The major contradiction starting out was you have an absolute mximum of human devastation and loss of life with these 2 young children and you have an absolute minimum of property damage. It's almost like the offender was very careful not to disturb or damage the personal property...in the home."
    Mosty: Most people would be scared to have the FBI testify that one is "statistically guilty."
    "Brantley believed that for this type of crime there would have been much more chaos inside the home than just an overturned vacuum and a broken wine glass....An d the outside was too orderly. The gate was shut. The window sill and the mulch on the ground were undisturbed."
    Lloyd Harrell, defense investigator: "Well, beneath the window was concrete."
    "He says that no way was that crime scene staged."
    Harrell: "She never said 'I had a violent confrontation, the vacumm was overthrown, the glass was broken. So why would somebody invent a story, set a stage and then not use it?"
    "Darlie's behavior was on trial as well. They questioned whether she really cared about her children at all."
    Julie Clarke, Darlie's good friend testified in her defense....Clarke says she was a very supportive mother.
    "The pros. said Darlie had things on her mind aside from her dying children."
    911 Darlie: "His knife was lying over there and I already picked it up... God, I bet if we could have gotten the prints maybe"
    Crilley: They say that's not something someone would say if they just lost their kids. You wouldn't be thinking along those lines.
    The first offcr on the scene said that even after he told Darlie to help Damon she never went to him instead she stayed on the phone with 911.
    But Darlie's written statement contradicts that. And there's another contradiction. Notes taken at Baylor Hospital described Darlie as tearful, frightened and soffing uncontrollably. But when nurses testified they changed their story, saying Darlie never grieved or cried. the defense says the nurses were coached.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast