GUILTY OK - Bob, 89, & Nancy Strait, 85, brutally murdered, Tulsa, 14 March 2012

William N

Reaction score
On Monday, Tyrone Woodfork, 19, was charged with the beating death of 85-year old Nancy Strait and injuring her 90-year old husband, Bob Strait, during a home invasion robbery (http://www.newson6.com/story/17260206/tulsa-teen-charged-with-felony-murder-in-deadly-home-invasion).

In addition to felony murder, Woodfork was also charged with 1st degree burglary and two counts of robbery with a firearm.

"Woodfork is accused of breaking into the couple's north Tulsa home March 14, 2012, and badly beating the Straits before making off with the couple's car. Nancy Strait died the next day at a Tulsa hospital. Bob is recovering from his injuries at home."

Woodfork was arrested while driving the Strait's car. He is "currently serving a suspended sentence for 2nd degree burglary, according to the Oklahoma Department of Corrections."

David In TN

There is now a Facebook page called "Justice For Bob and Nancy Strait." The Tulsa police think there are up to 5 suspects involved in the crime at large.

David In TN

I really really hope someone in jail serves these people some much needed justice!! An ederly couple really. Sickening.. IMOO

Why isn't there a hugh media outcry over this?

This is just so unfortunate, you have good teens and bad teens. Now if one of these older people shot and killed one or all of these teens that would have been justifiable homicide. I just wonder what kind of childhood these kids had. We need to get them young, and teach compassion and very basic good vs. evil.

Why isn't there a hugh media outcry over this?

For fear of being called a "racist"! Too many people worried about being PC, IMO. These criminals should get the death penalty for preying on this elderly couple. So sad for the family of the victims.

Any new updates?

Nope. The news stories (very few) on this crime are generally vague and not very informative. One suspect has been arrested, but several others involved are suppposedly still at large.

It may be the suspect, one Tyrone Woodfork, and his attorney are negotiating a deal for his telling who his accomplices are. The MSM obviously has no interest in the brutal murder of an 85-year old woman and near death of her 90-year old husband, who jumped into Normandy with the 101st Airborne the night before D-Day.

The killer(s) obtained a 12-year old car and a 42-inch screen TV.

This horrible crime just breaks my heart and it scares the livin' daylights out of me to think how many people there are out there who seem to have NO HEART!!! and I am NOT speaking of RACE (which I shouldn't even have to say).
We read about and see on here everyday people of all races, gender,ages who somehow cannot control their desire to do harm.
That said, I do wish the same attention would be given to this story as some of the others and I will just have to keep my opinion of why it is not to myself.
But just in case some may have missed it because of being busy on other threads I wanted to Bump the story of this vicious , brutal , senseless attack which appears to have been for no other reason .....than to ......just ...well ....do it.........unless of course , it was a "hate crime".
I'm not sure what crime would NOT be a "hate crime" , but that's just me.

There was a case here where an elderly woman was brutally beaten and mugged, and it was caught on security cam. When they convicted the attacker, they gave him more time because it was ruled a hate crime, since he picked her to mug because she was elderly.

A D-Day veteran. RIP.
Here's hoping Woodfork and his accomplices get the needle.
Also, SHAME on the judge who gave him a suspened sentence for his previous conviction.

Some of those thugs are animals ... worse than animals ........ :(

-----

Couple met and married within a month and stayed together for 65 years... only to be parted after home invader beat wife to death

Nancy Strait, 85, was sexually assaulted and battered to death by burglar

Her husband Bob, 90, suffered a broken jaw and broken ribs in attack

Police have arrested 20-year-old Tyrone Dale David Woodfork

By Nina Golgowski

PUBLISHED:16:07 GMT, 20 March 2012 | UPDATED: 18:06 GMT, 20 March 2012

article-2117695-1240BB4D000005DC-466_634x394.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-ends-65-year-romance-meeting-blind-date.html
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

UPDATED: Death penalty won't be sought in Strait slaying

By BILL BRAUN World staff writer on Jun 17, 2013, at 5:02 PM Updated on 6/17/13 at 9:48 PM

Tulsa County prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty for a Tulsan who is accused of raping and murdering an elderly woman.
At an arraignment Monday, Assistant District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler said the District Attorney’s Office decided not to pursue a death sentence for Tyrone Dale David Woodfork.

A major factor in that decision was Woodfork’s mental limitations, Kunzweiler indicated.

District Judge William Kellough scheduled an Oct. 21 jury trial for Woodfork.

more at link ........... http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.a..._slaying/20130617_450_0_TulsaC306887?subj=298

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back