Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: TX - AMBER ALERT: Devin "Baby Boy" Davis, 2, Liberty County, 27 Mar 2012 - #1

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think it's possible he's just wandered off and he is scared, but alive, and about to be found anytime. Or that he did wander off and a tragic accident happened. It's very possible.

But, on the other hand, I get the idea that Le really has no idea what the heck has happened, and that shows. That makes me nervous about them keeping the family in the home, or even on the property. They issue an Amber Alert, but seem to be still be saying out loud that they think he wandered off. In the same breath, Le mentions that the family is "contained" on the property.

I don't know what happened, I don't think they know what happened, and until they have a clear direction to follow, it just makes me nervous to think of a whole bunch of civilians, family and friends or not, having the opportunity to walk through what might actually be a crime scene.

I think they may know more than they have released, so obviously, they know why they made the decision to let them stay, and I don't. So, I'll at least try to hope that this means that they do have a reason to believe that a crime hasn't been committed.

At least if he was kidnapped, he's pretty distinctive looking. I'm pretty sure I'd recognize the little guy if I saw him.
    They do not want the family members participating in the searches, in case they happen to come upon his body. That could be very damaging in so many ways. However, they aren't going to be able to find him unless people are allowed to walk through the woods. Hopefully, any volunteers would be instructed that if they find anything, they are NOT to touch it or disturb it in any way. Since they don't know where he is, any place could be a crime scene.
    Keeping them "contained" simply means that they want them to be right there in case they have questions or the mom remembers something else that could help them find him. And just in case a family member MAY have had something to do with it, you just never know.
    I noticed in one of those articles linked, they did find some evidence behind the house, but wouldn't comment on what it was. I'm thinking they might have found a shoe or something.
    I hope the little guy isn't trying to wander around in the woods barefoot or just with socks.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

I'm so afraid, like most 2 yr. olds, he went directly to the water.
    IMO

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    I'm so afraid, like most 2 yr. olds, he went directly to the water.
    I could also see a 2 y/o seeing a stray dog or cat and chasing them too. I hope it doesn't end up like the other little boy who was mauled by the neighbor's pit bulls.
    http://unsolvedmurdertx.blogspot.com/

The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ek-3439332.php

Searchers with long poles prodded the depths of the murky water after trained dogs detected Devin Davis' scent along the creek's banks and a small wooden bridge that crosses it. The creek is about 100 feet behind the two-story wood frame house where the boy's family was living after moving to Sam Houston Lake Estates from Virginia a week ago.
    The mother told authorities that the door to the house was locked with a bolt, but somehow the child managed to get outside.
    Evans said the mother also found the door to her jeep was ajar, though she said she had left it shut.
    So far, however, despite lots of rumors, Evans said he has no reason to suspect foul play.
    The child was last seen wearing a red and gray T-shirt and jeans. Initially, authorities thought he was wearing Spiderman tennis shoes but those shoes were located inside the home.
    So the door to the house wasn't open but the car was? And the shoes were found in the house. Boy's scent was detected along the banks of the creek and on a bridge that crosses it.

I'm really really sick over this. Scent along the creek isn't good.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blazelet For This Useful Post:

And then there was the recent case where they found the boy in an open well next door to this home. I wonder if there are any abandoned wells in the area?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by blazelet View Post
    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ek-3439332.php

So the door to the house wasn't open but the car was? And the shoes were found in the house. Boy's scent was detected along the banks of the creek and on a bridge that crosses it.

I'm really really sick over this. Scent along the creek isn't good.
    I hope he made it across that bridge.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

Another article with a photo of bridge, parents and more information

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/cleve...c242a7dd1.html

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to taagean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    And then there was the recent case where they found the boy in an open well next door to this home. I wonder if there are any abandoned wells in the area?
    Yes, there are, and probably large holes too where like an old tree falls in...not sure what they are called.

The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by taagean View Post
    Another article with a photo of bridge, parents and more information

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/cleve...c242a7dd1.html
    Thanx! From your link:

a bi-level structure on stilts to keep from flooding, since the property is surrounded on three sides by a horseshoe-shaped creek. A straight, single flight of stairs leads up to the living space on the second level. The yard is roughly an acre, with lots of spaces that could attract an inquisitive 2-year-old. It leads in three directions to thick underbrush and woods along the creek bank. A bridge spans the creek across the driveway from the house.
    Lots of info at the link about the early search (yesterday). One of the FF's spent 7 hours in the water doing a "zipper" search.

And apparently D did make it across the bridge, since the bloodhound got his scent on the opposite side.

But that was yesterday.

Hoping he's OK...
    Last edited by Cazzie; 03-28-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: clarity

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Donations of water, Gatorade, snacks or other food for searchers is appreciated. The public is asked to drop off donations at the Precinct 2 JP’s office located across the street from the Tarkington fire station on SH 321.
    bbm
    http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/cleve...1.html?photo=3
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Tammie McCormick, 13, missing since 1986 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128676

Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, missing since 2007 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55811

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Wanting2Help For This Useful Post:

They have to be close to finding him. A barefoot little man can only go so far in 22ish hours. I can't bear to think of him having to spend a 2nd night in the woods alone. (

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

I wonder if they have tried having his mom call to him from a loud speaker...?
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Tammie McCormick, 13, missing since 1986 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128676

Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, missing since 2007 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55811

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wanting2Help For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wanting2Help View Post
    I wonder if they have tried having his mom call to him from a loud speaker...?
    I think that would be a really good idea.

When I was 3, I followed my much older brothers into the woods and got lost. It was a much smaller area, but there was some water areas around too. I was found because my dad was yelling for me and finally I heard them and screamed back and they found me by the sound.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know approximately how deep the creek is?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

The things I have read put it at neck deep in some areas and too shallow for a boat in others.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blazelet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    Does anyone know approximately how deep the creek is?
    I'm not sure anyone could give an accurate say and it'd depend on what part of the creek. There are parts of creeks around here that aren't even ankle deep to me and then parts of the same creek that are way over my head (I'm 5'3").

And then, it did flood here last week, so there's that to consider too.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by blazelet View Post
    The things I have read put it at neck deep in some areas and too shallow for a boat in others.
    That's pretty accurate for most creeks in the area, I'd say.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

Since we don't know for sure if this toddler opened a locked(?) door, went down some steep stairs (per news article) out into the yard, barefooted, opened the car door,walked across a bridge over a creek where his scent was picked up on the other side and then what?

Wondering if this little boy's scent could be from a previous excursion over the bridge with his parents when they first moved a week ago?
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Truthwillsetufree For This Useful Post:

I am really hoping he just went out to play and is lost in the woods somewhere. I'm going to try and think positive thoughts that he will be found alive today. Positive vibes to little Devin.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Truthwillsetufree View Post
    Since we don't know for sure if this toddler opened a locked(?) door, went down some steep stairs (per news article) out into the yard, barefooted, opened the car door,walked across a bridge over a creek where his scent was picked up on the other side and then what?

Wondering if this little boy's scent could be from a previous excursion over the bridge with his parents when they first moved a week ago?
    From reading other threads, I've learned that dogs know how to track the most recent scent.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

I guess I am one of the most impatient people I know. I'm in agony over this child and while I know the folks that are at this location searching furiously trying to find this little boy, I am also of the mind to call together every available man and woman to help look for him. Time is wasting, it's going to get dark again, put a call out for some additional people......he's just 2 years old in the woods......
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Truthwillsetufree For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nutkin View Post
    From reading other threads, I've learned that dogs know how to track the most recent scent.
    Oh Geez, I know that too, just needed to be reminded.

Good article on lessons learned during the search for Jason Elijah Burton who also wandered into the woods. Elijah was only 21 months old and he traveled nearly 2 miles in one day.

So what lessons have been learned? Sheriff Wright says the biggest thing is a change to the way the search is organized.

With some folks searching the woods on their own - it confused the dogs and may have got them off the trail.

The Sheriff says dogs are key during times like this and more often than not - they'll find the child. Anything that hurts their progress, hurts the search.

more at link
    http://www2.wspa.com/news/2011/dec/1...ol-ar-2881997/

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by nutkin View Post
    I think that would be a really good idea.

When I was 3, I followed my much older brothers into the woods and got lost. It was a much smaller area, but there was some water areas around too. I was found because my dad was yelling for me and finally I heard them and screamed back and they found me by the sound.
    Agree. Sure as heck couldn't hurt. Wonder if they have a dog of their own that might lead them to him. Seen it before.

He is just precious... and I am praying they find him safe...SOON. The poor mother sounds so desparate in wanting to do something. I would too..and can't imagine the fear and angst she is going thru.

I too at 2 unlocked the door and went down the front steps before I was found.

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Another survival story. Just keep hope alive here and

Three-year-old Joshua Childers wandered away from his home in southeast Missouri wearing only a T-shirt, sneakers and a pull-up diaper. After intensive searching for more than 52 agonizing hours, the 35-pound toddler was found alive three miles from his home in the wet, chilly and rough terrain of the Mark Twain National Forest, home to bears, mountain lions, and snakes.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ben-sh..._b_198883.html

49. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast