Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: TX - AMBER ALERT: Devin "Baby Boy" Davis, 2, Liberty County, 27 Mar 2012 - #1

Quote Originally Posted by nutkin View Post
    My mom said that when my oldest brother was about 1.5, he was sitting on the bed and leaning on the window the last she saw him. She couldn't find him anywhere until she checked the back yard and he was sitting on top of the window and screen smiling. The window and screen had popped out while he was leaning on it.

Although, if his house was on stilts, how high were the stilts?
    Curious as well, wish there was a picture of the house.
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Truthwillsetufree For This Useful Post:

I saw a news report earlier with the mother and I think that poor woman is beside herself with worry. There have been some cases in the past where I thought that the parents were involved but not in this case. I pray they find him before it gets dark or the rain moves in. It hasn't been cold at night here but if it is raining it cools things down alot.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

Has it been established whether the family was living there alone, or with Army buddy (or someone else)? Per usual, there's not enough info yet.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Evans said the mother also found the door to her jeep was ajar, though she said she had left it shut
    Snipped: http://www.chron.com/news/gallery/Se...to-2748867.php

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Has it been established whether the family was living there alone, or with Army buddy (or someone else)? Per usual, there's not enough info yet.
    An earlier report (I'll try to find a link in a minute) stated that they were living with a family friend since they just moved to the area.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

So sad to find this thread. I am praying and hoping with everything I've got that this child is found before tragedy happens!!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Breazy For This Useful Post:

I hope they find the little guy. Can't imagine what the parents are going through right now.
    Tomorrow
    You're gonna have to live with the things you say
    Tomorrow
    You'll have to cross bridges that you burned today
    Tomorrow...
    And everything you do, it's coming back for you
    You'll never outrun what waits for you
    Tomorrow. Sixx AM

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to somebodysdarling For This Useful Post:

Going on 27 hours....I wish they would do some kind of an update.....
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Truthwillsetufree For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    Snipped: http://www.chron.com/news/gallery/Se...to-2748867.php

Evans said the mother also found the door to her jeep was ajar, though she said she had left it shut
    Hope they searched that whole car. Wasn't there a boy went missing and days later they found him in the trunk of the car right there in the driveway?

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to paris_paris For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Truthwillsetufree View Post
    Curious as well, wish there was a picture of the house.
    This video shows 2-3 good shots of the house.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8598527

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

I find it odd that the mothers Jeep doors were opened. Can a 2 year old reach the doors of a SUV by himself? Because my 2 year old most likely couldn't..so, who was in the SUV and why?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    This video also mentions that physical evidence was found, but authorities won't elaborate.

(am unsure whether this video is from yesterday or today...article was updated this afternoon...wish that these things were made clear, especially on MSM...ugh.../rant)

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Thanks.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truthwillsetufree For This Useful Post:

Rather than the whole house being on stilts, it looks like a 2-story house that happens to have a carport under part of it. There's possibly at least one ground-level door...like to the left of and maybe also behind those stairs.

This is just based on the photo of the front of the house. Don't know if there are views of the back or sides of the house out there, but there could be other doors at both ground and 2nd-story levels.

I had previously pictured the house as being totally on stilts, which could have limitted easy access from an intruder but made it more potentially dangerous for little ones (falls from stairs and longer falls from windows).

Wondering what "evidence" was found near one of the windows...and which window...

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

There is a ladder laying beside the house too, which concerns me.

I wonder if the area beneath what looks like the main part of the house is just storage, kind of like what you'd see at a beach house at Crystal Beach or the like?
    http://unsolvedmurdertx.blogspot.com/

The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

Looking again at the photo just above...that could be the back of the house. Don't know...

And rite...possibly storage, not carport...

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Rather than the whole house being on stilts, it looks like a 2-story house that happens to have a carport under part of it. There's possibly at least one ground-level door...like to the left of and maybe also behind those stairs.

This is just based on the photo of the front of the house. Don't know if there are views of the back or sides of the house out there, but there could be other doors at both ground and 2nd-story levels.

I had previously pictured the house as being totally on stilts, which could have limitted easy access from an intruder but made it more potentially dangerous for little ones (falls from stairs and longer falls from windows).

Wondering what "evidence" was found near one of the windows...and which window...
    I too noticed that the whole house was not on stilts the way I had imagined.
    I guess depending on where they napped, Devon may have had to go down the stairs inside.
    I thought the picture in the post was the back side of the house. The only reason being, I wouldn't leave a ladder laying out in the front of my house.
    I don't see a driveway from this view. Curious to know if Mother's car was parked in a carport, driveway or street with the door open.
    Cyclone fence in what I am guessing is the back. I wonder if it encloses the whole backyard if in fact that is even the back yard.
    Questions........................

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Truthwillsetufree For This Useful Post:

It'll be getting dark soon, has anyone seen any updates?

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blazelet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by blazelet View Post
    It'll be getting dark soon, has anyone seen any updates?
    Sheriff: No new evidence in missing child case

Responding to reports that the sheriff’s office is now collecting evidence to suggest a criminal case regarding the disappearance of 2-year-old Devon Davis of Tarkington, Liberty County Sheriff Henry Patterson said on Wednesday that is simply not correct.

When asked if the family members are targets of an investigation, as it has been reported by other media, Patterson said, “There is no new evidence. If the news media is reporting something different, they are just incorrect.”

One of the major concerns is that the child fell into the horseshoe-shaped creek that surrounds the house.

When asked if he fears the child fell into the creek and drowned, Patterson replied, “Yes, that’s our first thought.”

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/cleve...9bb2963f4.html

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

If he fell into the creek...wouldn't he have been found by now? What does it empty into and have they done sonar there? This is getting ridiculous, IMO...too long...
    Just my opinion, of course.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    If he fell into the creek...wouldn't he have been found by now? What does it empty into and have they done sonar there? This is getting ridiculous, IMO...too long...
    Unfortunately this says a lot. :sad:

On March 8, 54-year-old Dennis Rogers of Plum Grove went missing while he was walking near his home. He called 911 to report that he had become lost in the woods but law enforcement was not able to track him down using the information they were given.

In the days following Rogers’ calls for help, searches for him were hampered due to torrential rain that caused flooding along creeks and bayous. Despite air and land searches, he has yet to be found. The hunt for him was canceled after more than a week of searches and rain delays.
    So not only is lil' Devin out there in the woods but Dennis Rogers is still out there too and he's been missing since March!

44. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know if they are keeping up the search overnight?

46. The Following User Says Thank You to blazelet For This Useful Post:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Se...44/-/fltjk5/-/

"The problem with doing the sonar is there's just so much debris underneath the water," Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller said. "You get a false image and you have to go back over it two or three times to determine what it is."

Investigators have searched Devin's home looking for clues, too.

"Both parents are here, devastated and in a word -- very frantic. We're doing everything we can to find him right now," Evans said. "Every minute counts. Every second counts."

Evans said Devin's parents are heartbroken and have been cooperating in the investigation. Investigators said Devin's mother took a short nap because she was simply exhausted, and Devin's father was at work when his son disappeared.
    http://unsolvedmurdertx.blogspot.com/

The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

Sheriff: No new evidence in missing child case

Responding to reports that the sheriff’s office is now collecting evidence to suggest a criminal case regarding the disappearance of 2-year-old Devon Davis of Tarkington, Liberty County Sheriff Henry Patterson said on Wednesday that is simply not correct.

When asked if the family members are targets of an investigation, as it has been reported by other media, Patterson said, “There is no new evidence. If the news media is reporting something different, they are just incorrect.”

One of the major concerns is that the child fell into the horseshoe-shaped creek that surrounds the house.

When asked if he fears the child fell into the creek and drowned, Patterson replied, “Yes, that’s our first thought.”

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/cleve...9bb2963f4.html
    First part BBM. Second part was your bolded.

So...the reports of "bags of evidence" and "evidence found near a window" were incorrect?

"Fell into creek and drowned" is their first thought...what is their second and third thought?

KWIM?

50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast