Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nutkin View Post
    But in this case, you just don't know. A 2-year-old can only walk so far away from a home in a short amount of time.
    This happened a few days ago in Victoria TX. He's 4 but still. Half a mile thru woods.

http://www.khou.com/home/Victoria-re...144466425.html

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to audie For This Useful Post:

I think the little boy in AZ a year or two ago went 1-2 miles away, where he was found deceased. He was also only about 2.

The biggest danger in this case is the number of bodies of water nearby, apparently. How near is the nearest, does anyone know?
    Just my opinion, of course.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
    The problem with not using the AA system properly is that you have the public out looking for a child with a kidnapper rather than in the woods, the creek, the basement, etc. where s/he most likely is.

Of course I have no problem with an alert being sent out. There needs to be something else in place. The word needs to get out when there is a missing child/person. The AA was set up for a specific reason.

Now, if LE does have any kind of reason to believe the child has been abducted, I have no problem with that but they need to inform the public on what/who else to look for.

I know it was said in passing, but there are not basements down here. They'd fill up with water.

The signs here (I saw one when taking my kids to school this morning) just say his name, age, and where he is missing from. It doesn't give any details about an alleged abductor or vehicle or anything like that like a normal Amber Alert. So, I think if someone were going to be on the lookout for him, they'd probably do a little research either online or watching the news and would know he might be in the woods, but there ARE roads around there too, so he might be walking down the road. Someone MAY have taken him.

And why haven't we heard anything about dogs being used to track his scent?
    http://unsolvedmurdertx.blogspot.com/

The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I think the little boy in AZ a year or two ago went 1-2 miles away, where he was found deceased. He was also only about 2.

The biggest danger in this case is the number of bodies of water nearby, apparently. How near is the nearest, does anyone know?
    100 ft from his home

The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

<snipped>

I think one of the stories said Montgomery Co Search and Rescue has dogs out there.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to audie For This Useful Post:

Another thing that worries me and I am not sure how much rain there was up there. But it flooded here last week and there are rivers still overflowing their banks here (at Deweyville and I believe Bevil Oaks).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

I know it was said in passing, but there are not basements down here. They'd fill up with water.

The signs here (I saw one when taking my kids to school this morning) just say his name, age, and where he is missing from. It doesn't give any details about an alleged abductor or vehicle or anything like that like a normal Amber Alert. So, I think if someone were going to be on the lookout for him, they'd probably do a little research either online or watching the news and would know he might be in the woods, but there ARE roads around there too, so he might be walking down the road. Someone MAY have taken him.

I was talking in general.

I would certainly hope they have dogs out there. I hope they find this little guy quick. I'd be losing my mind.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

I don't know why I am so picky but from the news articles I read his name is spelled Devon. Maybe the mod can fix the thread title. Maybe I am wrong and missed something. Forgive me if I am wrong but if not I hope we can get the spelling corrected.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to calamityjane831 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by calamityjane831 View Post
    I don't know why I am so picky but from the news articles I read his name is spelled Devon. Maybe the mod can fix the thread title. Maybe I am wrong and missed something. Forgive me if I am wrong but if not I hope we can get the spelling corrected.
    The articles have corrected the spelling today. Last night it they were saying Devin, but I think Devon is correct.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

Don't get me wrong, I think it's possible he's just wandered off and he is scared, but alive, and about to be found anytime. Or that he did wander off and a tragic accident happened. It's very possible.

But, on the other hand, I get the idea that Le really has no idea what the heck has happened, and that shows. That makes me nervous about them keeping the family in the home, or even on the property. They issue an Amber Alert, but seem to be still be saying out loud that they think he wandered off. In the same breath, Le mentions that the family is "contained" on the property.

I don't know what happened, I don't think they know what happened, and until they have a clear direction to follow, it just makes me nervous to think of a whole bunch of civilians, family and friends or not, having the opportunity to walk through what might actually be a crime scene.

I think they may know more than they have released, so obviously, they know why they made the decision to let them stay, and I don't. So, I'll at least try to hope that this means that they do have a reason to believe that a crime hasn't been committed.

At least if he was kidnapped, he's pretty distinctive looking. I'm pretty sure I'd recognize the little guy if I saw him.
    Last edited by not_my_kids; 03-28-2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: bear with me, new back pain meds. Typo fixed now.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Liberty Cnty. Sheriff's Dept. isn't the most adept at investigations. That is why I am glad they DID issue an Amber Alert. At least they know they are inept and don't trust their own instincts that he wandered off. I'm surprised they aren't consulting the same psychic that led them to the farm house with "dismembered bodies" that didn't really exist.

It is a crazy idea, but I am hoping some little old lady saw him and took him home with her and she doesn't watch tv so doesn't really know where he is missing from. I wouldn't think it would be odd in some of those areas if a person didn't have a phone either. It really is an old timey town. Think of an "Old West" type town and that is basically what "downtown" Cleveland is like, only the buildings are brick.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by calamityjane831 View Post
    Maybe try alerting a mod. to fix it.

If anyone knows.....
    Were there other children in the home or was Devon the only one?
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Truthwillsetufree For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Truthwillsetufree View Post
    If anyone knows.....
    Were there other children in the home or was Devon the only one?
    From the articles, I think there was one other small child because they keep saying things like, "The mother put the children down for a nap." I think one used the word "toddlers."

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

"The mother stated that she laid the kids down for a nap and he disappeared from inside the residence," said Capt. Rex Evans with the Liberty County Sheriff's Office
    http://www.12newsnow.com/story/17274...liberty-county

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast