827 users online (94 members and 733 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NY - Robert Chambers convicted in '86 murder of Jennifer Levin

It was only a matter of time, I thought, when he was released from prison after spending his entire term (15 years max) without a second of good time and much of it in solitary because of his bad behavior behind bars.

He plead guilty to manslaughter during the protracted jury deliberations on the 2nd degree murder trial for the August 1986 slaying of Jennifer Levin behind the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Central Park. She was choked and beaten and probably robbed. He sat calmly a distance away while an early morning cyclist found her body and reported it to police. At first he denied being with her and claimed the scratches on his face and chest were made by the family cat. Later he admitted going to the park with her but claimed she was killed accidentally during "rough sex."

He's another degenerate pretty boy with a slick lawyer (Jack Levin, a real scumbag).

http://www.nypost.com/

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/20832.htm

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...p-219189c.html

First off, does the whole USA have 3 STRIKES LAW? GOD I HOPE SO. Second, indignity of being photographed? Sounds like he ENJOYS IT since his car was FULL of articles about him. What a psychopath. This is exactly what Jennifer's mother was talking about on LKL one night. He was a bad a## in prison. I truly truly hope that NY has 3 strikes law. I give him another year or two and he'll be back in prison for good - or even better - he'll OD!

"Police later sneaked the killer out of the back door of the precinct so he wouldn't have to suffer the indignity of being photographed. It is not known where he was taken.

Cops also found a macabre although legal stash in Chambers' 1999 Saab, which remained at the precinct. Chambers was driving around with six boxes full of press clippings and books relating to his crime. "

I couldn't be happier!!! This kid was a pig.

He's pond scum . The crack will get him.
    Just my opinion

A profile of Robert Chambers was done in Richard Rhode's book, WHY THEY KILL, showing that this individual DID have a childhood history of violence.

Not surprised to hear about this recent event AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Newswolf
    He's pond scum . The crack will get him.
    So true - did you see the photo of him in the article? He already looks like a drug addicted psycho!
    Step right up and see the Yakwoman! Only 25 cents a look!

I forgot to add that the poor baby Chambers, weight 210lbs. was RAPED by the 105lb Jennifer.

How he goes on in life is a mystery. PUKE

I did see it Yakwoman. He doesn't look anything like I remember him from the time of the trial. He looks like a killer crackhead. "Preppie" no more!
    Just my opinion

Mon 6 Dec NY POST

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/35841.htm

PREPPY KILLER'S SECRET HIDEAWAY

By CYNTHIA R. FAGEN, MURRAY WEISS and DANIEL FARROW

December 6, 2004 -- Preppy Killer Robert Chambers led a secret life after he got out of prison, hiding out in a rural Southern town with his girlfriend, toiling in a dye mill and trying to keep his sordid past from catching up to him.
    Details of his hidden life came to light after he was busted the day before Thanksgiving for possession of heroin and cocaine found in his Saab. A subsequent list of unpaid summonses dating back to 2003 showed he held a Georgia license. ...

I can't belive Shawn is still with him!
    She got together with him during the trial and from what I read it seemed she was out for attention.
    Interesting.
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Shawn must be a real just like the blonde who stuck by Alex Kelly.

For those of you who are not familiar with Manhattan--- Please keep in mind that Sutton Place is one of the ritziest neighborhoods in Manhattan. It's hard by the United Nations, near the East River in the East 50s and features very expensive townhouses and old prewar apartment houses. It's where Henry Kissinger lives and lots of other celebs.

It's right near Beekman Place which was memorialized in the opening song from the musical MAME, sung by Agnes Gooch: "St. Brigitte deliver us to Beekman Place! Away from the wicked and depraved!..."

How ironic.

Here's more about Sutton Place

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/35840.htm

SUTTON PL. WAR

By RICH CALDER

December 6, 2004 -- Well-heeled residents who shelled out millions for a posh pad at one of the East Side's most exclusive addresses now have a down-and-dirty, garden-variety fight with City Hall on their hands.
    At stake for the residents of tony 1 Sutton Place South who count among their ranks everyone from actress Sigourney Weaver to media billionairess Anne Cox Chambers is their treasured private garden, which the city plans to make part of a public esplanade park. ...

The actual article in the paper features a couple of color photos, one of which shows the view they have of the River which includes the 59th Street Bridge (think "Manhattan" the Woody Allen movie). AND a photo of the area from the Bridge--- with an inset of Sigourney Weaver who lives in 1 Sutton Place South and who must be so happy that the POST has told the world where she can be found.

His new trial date for the crack is January 24. I was also under the impression that a 3rd offense would put him away for life, but that hasn't been brought up. He's requested a new lawyer, too, of course. Maybe Levin needs some more money, lol!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

He's been out of prison for two years, but notorious "Preppy Killer" Robert Chambers has yet to pay a dime of the $25 million wrongful-death judgment against him, the lawyer for his victim's family said yesterday.

Chambers, 38, has also failed to respond to two subpoenas demanding answers about his finances and now the family of Jennifer Levin has filed papers asking a judge to find him in contempt of court.

Chambers is due in court later this month on drug-possession charges. Last November, he was pulled over and cops said they found traces of crack and heroin in his car.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/25189.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast