Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1641

Thread: CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #5

Loving the Lord amongst the beautiful evergreens..
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    I've been following the Sierra Lamar case from day 1. I've been trying to post here for a few days now and was finally just able to get an account on here! Thank you Chico!!

So I'm quite young but I really feel connected to this case. I'm about 20 minutes away from where Sierra lives and I have mutual friends with Sierra so I of course immediately connected with her. My heart is broken for Sierra.. truly. She is such a beautiful girl and unfortunately the exact type of person a perp would want to get. Young, beautiful, TINY (easy to just take without much of a fight).

Anyways, I NEVER bought the runaway theory. I just never did. I don't think that the bag and the phone would have been left on the side of the road like that. If someone wants to run away they want everything gone... they wouldn't leave their possessions in an open area especially right near their own home. Even if Sierra planned to runaway for a short time there is NO WAY that she would have left her phone. That phone was connected to that girl.

I think that she was taken from her driveway and that it was definitely someone she casually knew or it happened so fast she literally had no time to react to the situation. I see Sierra as being a trusting person not in the sense that she would just get into a stranger's car but that she would probably be polite if she were approached by someone looking for a light, directions, etc. I think that the perp obviously knew her schedule... her home is at the very end of the cul de sac there's no way that someone would just randomly go down that street and target her house, which is pretty secluded.

I think the phone and bag were dropped on the way out of the area and I don't really think that the clothes being neatly folded in the bag are an indicator of who the perp is. Girls bring an extra pair of clothes all the time! Sorry gentlemen on the board.. gonna go girl talk here... perhaps it was that time of the month and she brought an extra pair of jeans/underwear just in case? She might have brought the shirt because it would have been more comfortable and would have gone with the jeans she brought as an extra pair? She was quite fashionable and I could see her matching just a basic shirt with the jeans. You just truly never know. I don't think the perp came back and dropped the bag and phone off afterwards. I one hundred percent think they are local and that they are following the case. Would NOT surprise me if they attended the vigils or the searches.

I could DEFINITELY see the perp being in the driveway with a car in tow if they were a co-worker of the boyfriend. Sierra could have walked out, have seen them before and not be alarmed. The person could have said some BS story about meeting the boyfriend before work or something and offered Sierra ride to the bus stop. Honestly, anything could have happened. The one thing that's for certain is that if the dogs were accurate and she didn't make it past the driveway I just don't see a random perp taking that big of a chance going down the cul de sac. Then again some perps are just insanely lucky in terms of witnesses.

Just my two cents.

Sierra, I'm praying every day for you and we will NOT stop looking for you until you are found.
    Thank you SO much for this. This is fantastic insight

Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well." - Vincent Van Gogh

apologies for my typing right now..my keyboard is broken and my doubleyou's aren't orking

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 90Nine For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
    Forgive me, mods, for I am sinning. I don't have a link for it but I seem to recall that LE said that the last text from her phone at 7:11 am came from inside her house.
    Snipped and bolded by me (natch!)

I remember that comment too, and it struck me as odd.

How would they know she was inside her house unless she texted something like "I'm in my bedroom"? It just seems an odd thing to know, yanno?
    "Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and the cookies at the other end of the table." - Kingkeld.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mmmagique For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mmmagique View Post

How would they know she was inside her house unless she texted something like "I'm in my bedroom"? It just seems an odd thing to know, yanno?
    IIRC, she had an iPhone. I think it is equipped with GPS. LE would be able to figure out within a couple of feet from where the text originated, I believe.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

I have seen people confusing tweets with texts when discussing the case. The last tweet was sent via the web, she was on a computer, not a phone. so I think this is what was referred to as done inside the house.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ozazure For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ozazure View Post
    I'm sorry to read about what happened to your daughter. It makes no sense to me at all, and is maddening, that a 60 year sentence can be reduced so severely and I can totally see where you are coming from with the effect this could have on your daughter. But I don't think you are saying that she could turn this anger towards a man's family member, another young girl, to get revenge in such a catastrophic way.

And also while any abuse of a child is abhorrent and should not happen, if the incident that resulted in the charges was limited to unwanted and unlawful touching one time which a child was able to report immediately - he had not so undermined her ability to get help with threats or other methods to keep silent, there wasn't other dynamics at play that enabled the abuse to go unchecked. I assume the emotional fallout would be proportional. I think I read her father was "visited" immediately by family members, that's the kind of retaliation that seems reasonably motivated, versus the kidnap and potential murder of a 15 year old girl.
    I agree with you. But my daughter is now 20, so while she is legally an adult, she has a long way to go to maturity. Her friends are the same age... an age where people make stupid choices and among whom I can imagine the "you hurt a child, so I will hurt you the worst way I can by hurting your child" mentality coming into play. They think life is like a movie. It would be more likely that the victim's boyfriend, cousin, or brother would do something of this sort than a father or uncle, who have more maturity.

I DO NOT THINK THIS HAPPENED TO SIERRA. I just think it is on the farthest reaches of the realm of possibility. I do not think any member of Sierra's family is to blame for this in any way, shape, or form. MOO.
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this child. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    I thought your post raised some good questions... most families have some kind of contingency plan if a child misses the bus...also, I wondered if she would have accepted a ride from a neighbor, if it was raining ?

IMO the worst part of this walk to her bus stop would have been the early morning darkness of the winter months, and the fact that there were apparently no other kids around her age going to that bus stop. Didn't seem safe,but JMO...
    When I worked an hour from home, my contingency plan was to call the house and cell phones repeatedly to get her out the door on time. She missed ONCE and I made her walk, since she could walk in less time than it would take me to get home. If it was raining, she wore a hoodie. There was no way to deal with an umbrella at school. If it was in your locker, everything else got wet. If it was with you, you got wet AND looked like a dork carrying an umbrella all day. No win. Or is that "epic fail"?

From what I read in a prior thread, it was not actually dark anymore when she left for the bus, although it had only been daylight for about 10-15 minutes.
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this child. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:

I've been following the Sierra Lamar case from day 1. I've been trying to post here for a few days now and was finally just able to get an account on here! Thank you Chico!!

So I'm quite young but I really feel connected to this case. I'm about 20 minutes away from where Sierra lives and I have mutual friends with Sierra so I of course immediately connected with her. My heart is broken for Sierra.. truly. She is such a beautiful girl and unfortunately the exact type of person a perp would want to get. Young, beautiful, TINY (easy to just take without much of a fight).

Anyways, I NEVER bought the runaway theory. I just never did. I don't think that the bag and the phone would have been left on the side of the road like that. If someone wants to run away they want everything gone... they wouldn't leave their possessions in an open area especially right near their own home. Even if Sierra planned to runaway for a short time there is NO WAY that she would have left her phone. That phone was connected to that girl.

I think that she was taken from her driveway and that it was definitely someone she casually knew or it happened so fast she literally had no time to react to the situation. I see Sierra as being a trusting person not in the sense that she would just get into a stranger's car but that she would probably be polite if she were approached by someone looking for a light, directions, etc. I think that the perp obviously knew her schedule... her home is at the very end of the cul de sac there's no way that someone would just randomly go down that street and target her house, which is pretty secluded.

I think the phone and bag were dropped on the way out of the area and I don't really think that the clothes being neatly folded in the bag are an indicator of who the perp is. Girls bring an extra pair of clothes all the time! Sorry gentlemen on the board.. gonna go girl talk here... perhaps it was that time of the month and she brought an extra pair of jeans/underwear just in case? She might have brought the shirt because it would have been more comfortable and would have gone with the jeans she brought as an extra pair? She was quite fashionable and I could see her matching just a basic shirt with the jeans. It would also explain why there was no make-up, hairbrush, or any other personal items that you'd take for a short trip. I don't think the perp came back and dropped the bag and phone off afterwards. That phone was the first thing thrown from the car and the perp was very smart for doing so. Next, was the bag. I think the perp just wanted all of Sierra's belongings out of their car. The less amount of time they were with him the better. I one hundred percent think they are local and that they are following the case. Would NOT surprise me if they attended the vigils or the searches.

I could DEFINITELY see the perp being in the driveway with a car in tow if they were a co-worker or acquaintance of the boyfriend. Sierra could have walked out, have seen them before and not be alarmed. The person could have said some BS story about meeting the boyfriend before work or something and offered Sierra a ride to the bus stop. Honestly, anything could have happened. The one thing that's for certain is that if the dogs were accurate and she didn't make it past the driveway I just don't see a random perp taking that big of a chance going down the cul de sac. Then again some perps are just insanely lucky in terms of witnesses.

Just my two cents.

Sierra, I'm praying every day for you and we will NOT stop looking for you until you are found.
    Thanks, Lovebug, for a great first post!
    It is refreshing to get additional local/insider information!
    And..Welcome!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2Me1MoThyme View Post
    It was stated earlier her books were also found in the bag / purse IIRC. With that said, if she planned to skip school and be home before her mother as usual (if that's the case) then why would she take her books with her?
    BINGO!

Great catch!
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    She knew about her Facebook but I highly doubt she knew or knows what the content of the tweets concerned . Or worse the tumbler account.
    I am on Facebook. I have a twitter account but do not use it as I did not have a smartphone when I set it up and just never started with it. I have a 20 year old daughter who keeps me up to speed on music, fashion, LOLCATZ and TMI about her personal life, but I have never even heard of tumbler. What is it, how does it work, and what did Sierra have posted that was so scandalous!?!?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:

Sierra having her books with her does not rule out getting into a car with a friend who showed up unexpectedly, or someone else she knew. I am not totally convinced that she was not abducted by a person or group of people known to her from one school or the other, either fellow-students or recent students. But I admit I could be basing that possibility of the image of her life as presented by her on her various accounts...JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Home work assign

I remember reading that she was working on a paper about teen depression, so at first I thought that this 'disappearance' might be part of the paper/assignment.....that she was trying to make some sort of point (way out there I know), but to say that she was excited (my word, I forget if its exactly what she said) about this paper is odd (to me anyway). Does anyone remember if we've been told when the assignment was due? Was it in her bag too? Anyway, I'm not even sure what I'm getting at, just thinking out loud lol.
    All of my posts are MOO

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluenoser For This Useful Post:

I think the phone and bag were dropped on the way out of the area and I don't really think that the clothes being neatly folded in the bag are an indicator of who the perp is. Girls bring an extra pair of clothes all the time! Sorry gentlemen on the board.. gonna go girl talk here... perhaps it was that time of the month and she brought an extra pair of jeans/underwear just in case? She might have brought the shirt because it would have been more comfortable and would have gone with the jeans she brought as an extra pair? She was quite fashionable and I could see her matching just a basic shirt with the jeans. It would also explain why there was no make-up, hairbrush, or any other personal items that you'd take for a short trip. I don't think the perp came back and dropped the bag and phone off afterwards. That phone was the first thing thrown from the car and the perp was very smart for doing so. Next, was the bag. I think the perp just wanted all of Sierra's belongings out of their car. The less amount of time they were with him the better. I one hundred percent think they are local and that they are following the case. Would NOT surprise me if they attended the vigils or the searches.

I could DEFINITELY see the perp being in the driveway with a car in tow if they were a co-worker or acquaintance of the boyfriend. Sierra could have walked out, have seen them before and not be alarmed. The person could have said some BS story about meeting the boyfriend before work or something and offered Sierra a ride to the bus stop. Honestly, anything could have happened. The one thing that's for certain is that if the dogs were accurate and she didn't make it past the driveway I just don't see a random perp taking that big of a chance going down the cul de sac. Then again some perps are just insanely lucky in terms of witnesses.

Just my two cents.

Welcome to WS, Lovebug!

Your thoughts follow my own amazingly closely, particularly about Sierra's likely behaviours.

I believe that in one early video, the sheriff said that "personal items" were also found in the JC bag, which I took to mean things like a hairbrush and maybe lip gloss.

If you are attending any of the vigils, I hope you are keeping your eye out for someone who seems a little... too involved, if you know what I mean? A little too keen to be all outraged, grieving or whatever.

And I'm sure you already know that it's a good thing to call the tip line, even if your tip doesn't seem like much. Sometimes the most trivial things can lead to a capture (for instance, Son of Sam was caught through a parking ticket).

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Cell pings!

I've looked at the map of local cell towers to Morgan Hill and it looks to my totally amateur eyes like there is one right there in Morgan Hill (which would probably be the one Sierra's texts and calls were routed through). There are also two more within the likely radius for her cell phone and they are in opposite directions.

That's a perfect set up to triangulate cell pings with. Three towers, different distances, different directions.

Keep in mind I am totally a self-taught amateur on the whole cell technology thing, so I could be wrong.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Forgive me, mods, for I am sinning. I don't have a link for it but I seem to recall that LE said that the last text from her phone at 7:11 am came from inside her house.
    Here you go.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=8591214

Q: Where was the text located from?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: It was-it was to her friend.

Q: But where was it sent from?

Q: Was it from her laptop, or?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: It was from her cell phone.

Q: ..the location?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: At her home. It was from her cell phone at home.

Q: And it was on Friday?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: It was on Friday morning, a couple of minutes after 7 in the morning.

28. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to askfornina For This Useful Post:

~snip~
    The trailing dog lost her scent at the end of the driveway. Two of WS verified posters (sarx and Oriah) have indicated they know or know of the dogs used in that area and have good opinions of them.
    I also heard that the smell of car exhaust can kill a scent. I assume the people who responded to the report Sierra was missing parked on the street near the gate, and that other cars passed by the end of the drive during the 12 hours Sierra was missing prior to being reported. Sierra's scent in the driveway would only have been "run over" twice, once each by Marlene and her BF coming home from work, while everything beyond the end of the drive was trampled on (from the POV of exhaust fumes) before the dogs came out.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:

Was it the picture message of her dressed for the day?

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    IIRC, she had an iPhone. I think it is equipped with GPS. LE would be able to figure out within a couple of feet from where the text originated, I believe.
    She had a Droid phone:

"Police found the girl's phone Saturday night about three-quarters of a mile from LaMar's home by tracking its electronic ping. The phone, a Droid smartphone, was discovered about 20 feet from the side of the road that LaMar used to walk to her bus stop."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/21...#ixzz1r5L1IDBC

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Janeumayer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by askfornina View Post
    Here you go.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=8591214

Q: Where was the text located from?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: It was-it was to her friend.

Q: But where was it sent from?

Q: Was it from her laptop, or?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: It was from her cell phone.

Q: ..the location?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: At her home. It was from her cell phone at home.

Q: And it was on Friday?

Sgt. Jose Cardoza: It was on Friday morning, a couple of minutes after 7 in the morning.
    This makes me think that she was running late for the school bus. Her bus comes at 7:15 am.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janeumayer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Janeumayer View Post
    This makes me think that she was running late for the school bus. Her bus comes at 7:15 am.
    I thought her bus came at 7:40 or 7:45 and she normally left the house at 7:15? Off to go look through my notes.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Sierra just started this new school in October. She was in Fremont since August. I wonder why she was pulled out of that school. Since her mother travels to Fremont, I don't get it. Was her mother keeping her away from a boy or crowd by putting her in Morgan Hill? If not, I don't understand her reasoning...and I don't think she is going to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I think there are reasons that we don't know about of why Sierra was taken out of High School in Fremont. As stated, her mother worked there each day and Sierra could have continued in the Fremont High School. She was removed mid-semester which is unusual.

1st BBM: Thank You for this info -- which I did not know ... sure would like to know why she was moved to another school just a couple of months after the start of the school year ...

2nd BBM: I totally agree ...

I mostly here on this thread and do not post much because "my opninion" would not be welcomed ... there are many things that I "see" that sends my radar up to the roof ...

Hoping that Sierra is found soon ...

JMO ...

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

just want to throw this out there because it's been on my mind since they started talking about finding the clothes...

i wonder if she had PE (or similar) class first thing in the morning? i went to 2 different high schools, one had each of 7 periods every day, and the other school was a block schedule, where you go to classes 1,3,&5 one day and classes 2,4,&6 the next (it kept alternating).

personally, on days that i had PE for my first class, i would go to school wearing my PE uniform (i usually wore sweats) and i'd take a change of clothes with me for when that class was over. i wonder if this could be what sierra's plans were.

MOO
    it's a boy! noah xavier was born 11.21.13!

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mamacita For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Sierra having her books with her does not rule out getting into a car with a friend who showed up unexpectedly, or someone else she knew. I am not totally convinced that she was not abducted by a person or group of people known to her from one school or the other, either fellow-students or recent students. But I admit I could be basing that possibility of the image of her life as presented by her on her various accounts...JMO
    I just think that is a long shot. It just doesnt make sense to me that at that particular time someone she knew came along and she is never seen again.

I think she is another victim of a stranger abduction who saw an opportunity to nab a very petite pretty young girl when no one was around.
    IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

44. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mamacita View Post
    just want to throw this out there because it's been on my mind since they started talking about finding the clothes...

i wonder if she had PE (or similar) class first thing in the morning? i went to 2 different high schools, one had each of 7 periods every day, and the other school was a block schedule, where you go to classes 1,3,&5 one day and classes 2,4,&6 the next (it kept alternating).

personally, on days that i had PE for my first class, i would go to school wearing my PE uniform (i usually wore sweats) and i'd take a change of clothes with me for when that class was over. i wonder if this could be what sierra's plans were.

MOO
    What doesnt make sense to me along with her outter clothing.. her bra and panties were inside the Juicy Purse too.

imo

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Found some interesting commentary in here:

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/c...f99bc4961.html

This stood out as the most interesting to me:

"However, if she was wearing the clothing at the time she was kidnapped and the suspect unclothed her, the evidence could suggest more than one kidnapper was involved, Van Zandt said."

I think this case might be solved in the near future. I dont think searches of the area around her house are going to reveal anything, but I think some small detail that LE has overlooked will be the big "break" in the case that will show what really happened.

48. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sjsleuth83 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sjsleuth83 View Post
    Found some interesting commentary in here:

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/c...f99bc4961.html

This stood out as the most interesting to me:

"However, if she was wearing the clothing at the time she was kidnapped and the suspect unclothed her, the evidence could suggest more than one kidnapper was involved, Van Zandt said."

I think this case might be solved in the near future. I dont think searches of the area around her house are going to reveal anything, but I think some small detail that LE has overlooked will be the big "break" in the case that will show what really happened.
    I wish I thought this case is going to be solved soon.

I really dont think LE has overlooked anything. I read that 60 detectives are assigned to this case and the FBI is very involved too.

I just think so far they are not coming up with anything that even tells them who the suspect(s) could be or where Sierra's whereabouts are.

IMO

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast