649 users online (80 members and 569 guests)  

Websleuths News

Man claims attack by lion, saved by a bear

A Paradise man says he is lucky to be alive after an attack by a mountain lion Monday morning.
    Robert Biggs, 69, often hikes in the Bean Soup Flat area, which is about a mile and a half above Whisky Flats. He came across a mother bear, a yearling and a newborn, which were about 40 feet from where he was standing.

After watching the bear family for a few minutes he decided to leave them be and turned to walk back up the trail. As he turned, a mountain lion pounced on him grabbing hold of his backpack with all four paws.

He wrestled with the cat, striking it in the head with a rock pick. The cat screamed when it was hit with the pick, but didn't let go, Biggs said. Before he knew it, the mother bear came from behind and pounced on the cat, tearing its grip from the backpack.

The bear and the cat battled for about 15 seconds, Biggs said, until the cat finally ran away. The bear went on its way as well. Biggs ended up with bite marks, scratches and bruises to his arm, but was otherwise uninjured.

http://www.paradisepost.com/news/ci_...-saved-by-bear

Paradise, Bean Soup Flats, Whisky Flats - what a story.

From the article:

"(The cub) stood up on its hind legs and put its paws up and I got to play patty-cake with it," he said.
    The patty-cake game was simply touching the bottom of its paw with his open palm, more like a high-five. He said the mother watched the two play and her only reaction was to call the cub back"

I call shenanigans.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's ok, but this sounds awfully Disney-esque.

I was all on board til the patty cake game with the cub. I find that so very implausible
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    I was all on board til the patty cake game with the cub. I find that so very implausible
    Mama Bear would've been playing patty cake with his face and other internal organs.

Lions and bears and rednecks, oh my.....