Mattel to make bald barbie

peeples

Reaction score
http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/us_news/mattel-to-make-bald-barbie

The doll will come with wigs, hats, scarves and other accessories to help kids suffering from hair-loss.

Unlike your regular Barbie doll, seen here, these bald dolls won't be found on store shelves.

Instead, Mattel says it will give the dolls directly to the children who have been most affected by hair loss

I loved Barbies as a child. I also had chemo as a child and lost almost all my hair. I'm smiling about this because I think it's a great idea but at the same time I think I still would have wanted the Barbie with hair. I'm anxious to see how little girls feel when they receive one of these Barbies.

Way to go Mattel! I've seen this campaign on Facebook and thought it was a good idea...

I loved Barbies as a child. I also had chemo as a child and lost almost all my hair. I'm smiling about this because I think it's a great idea but at the same time I think I still would have wanted the Barbie with hair. I'm anxious to see how little girls feel when they receive one of these Barbies.

Glad to hear you're alright. My heart just breaks when I see those little ones suffering so much. I think if someone wins that 500mil this weekend maybe they could donate, a few hundred for the kids to play with.

Here's how this little girl feels about her Bald Barbie-God Bless her!!:blowkiss:
[video=youtube;mLI9C1UTUE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLI9C1UTUE4[/video]

What a great idea! Just hearing the name "Barbie" takes me back. The story of my dad getting me a Barbie big-wheel for my third b-day is legendary in my family. My mom laughs to this day because she still doesn't know who was more excited about it...me or dad, LOL. I can see a few reasons why this might be a good idea. No matter how it turns out however, it's nice to read a story about a corporation giving back rather than coming up with new ways to cheat.

Pretty cool idea!! And way to go, Mattel, for giving the Barbies to sick children rather than selling them! Two thumbs up (even though I've never been a Barbie fan :)).

Way to go Mattel. What a great idea to give these barbies to sick little girls. I agree with the poster above about the person who wins that 500 million this Friday night could do alot of good by donating some of that money to help some of these poor kids that have cancer and other health problems. I love hearing heart warming stories like this.

I hope the bald Barbie is a big hit (even with little ones that aren't going through chemo and losing their hair). One of the most difficult things for me was the teasing or whispers of other kids about the loss of my hair. So, hopefully, it will make the little girls that have suffered the loss of their hair feel better about themselves and those healthy little girls with hair to be a little more sympathetic or understanding.

Yes, bald is beautiful. No one can tell me that little girl in the video isn't beautiful, hair or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back