Living Barbie: cute or disturbing trend?

The only difference between this and posing for a *advertiser censored* magazine is that they're wearing mainstream clothes (or clothes, period).

Can't deny that they have very pretty features (faces that is).

Posing for a pr0n mag? Please. Pr0n poses have the girls made up so they look the same age or older. These doll girls look younger.

This definitely disturbing. Venus looks dead in some of the pics. So creepy. Dakota Rose is very pretty though, and she doesn't get as near to the dead doll stare as Venus. Body wise she needs a few cheeseburgers. Ick.

There's a girl on another site I frequent that could do this look sooo well.

These do not look like *advertiser censored* at all.

I do not personally find them attractive but really don't see what is wrong here. Just the creep factor.

They look like Stepford Children. Kind of creepy..

Goz

These do not look like *advertiser censored* at all.

I do not personally find them attractive but really don't see what is wrong here. Just the creep factor.

They look like Stepford Children. Kind of creepy..

Goz

That's what I was thinking - their eyes look so blank. Only saw one smile on the whole page linked (didn't look for more photos).

It takes all kinds... :waitasec:

Back in the day they use to call them models. IMO the parents are raising potential narcissists. As they get older their looks will change so how will they handle that? I see a lot of plastic surgeons in their future.

What's unfortunate is that both of these girls/women would probably be stunning w/o any makeup, wearing sweatpants. There is definately a, I don't know, a "movement" or an aesthetic, or something, that kind of sexualizes child-like features like big eyes, small *advertiser censored*, and narrow hips. I'm a limo driver, the company I work for does lots of work for some of the big fashion houses here in nyc. When I drive some of these models, they look like 6-foot-tall toddlers or something.I don't mean the famous supermodels like Giselle Bundchen or someone of that caliber, just the runway models you see footage of during fashion week. Its really weird.

The comment section says Dakota Ostrenga is 19, which I suppose means she can make up herself to look like whatever... Another insists her image is photo-shopped. Wonder how much longer she can keep her image - people do age, you know?

*shrug* I don't really see how this is any different from the other big fads in youth culture of the past. Emo, goth, hippie, gangsta chick...

To be brutally honest, I see it as less disturbing than the mainstream trends I've seen amongst middle & high school girls this past decade, with girls going to school dressed like they are twenty-something clubbers looking for a one night stand...

JMO

this doesn't particularly bother me much. i look at it this way. when most of us were growing up we had a movie star we wanted to look like and probably did our hair that way, wore our makeup that way among other things. anime is not much different, the kids become attached to the characters and want to look like them. weird? well yeah. but didn't our parents think many of the things we liked were weird also?

I've seen children wear much worse clothing and make up but one of the girls looks awfully skinny (the pic sitting by a tree, legs showing). If I was her mom I'd worry about an eating disorder.

I don't think the fashions are bad at all. At least they aren't trying to expose every possible bit of skin that they can.

This is creepy to me.

These girls are lovely but I find it disturbing they want to portray themselves as "perfect," inanimate objects. Not to mention they're exposing themselves on the www.

We seem to be taking so many steps backwards with our young girls. :(

Doesn't look like barbie to me. But then again I have kids that are anime and manga fans. That's what it looks like to me, but I might be wrong.

Meh, just a fad. (kind of like sailor moon stuff, my kids are now crazy about Tokidoki).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back