Susan Powell's Blood Was Found In Her Home

Desdemona

* * * * Desi * * * *
Reaction score
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-note-expressing-fear-were-found-in-utah-home

The documents, used as justification to search the home where Josh Powell was staying last year, detail a widespread case that investigators had built against him.

Shortly after Susan Powell disappeared, authorities found blood evidence on a floor next to a sofa and determined that it was Susan Powell's. They found several life insurance policies on Susan Powell that totaled $1.5 million. The documents describe Josh Powell as unwilling to help in the investigation.

A safety deposit box used by Susan Powell had a hand-written letter titled "Last will & testament for Susan Powell," according to the documents. She wrote in that letter that she did not trust her husband and that they'd been having marital troubles for four years.

The letter also said that "if Susan Powell dies it may not be an accident, even if it looks like one," according to the documents.

I hope the department is held accountable.

I have no words. :furious:

Im SO p..... off about this!!!
I dont even know where to begin.

I still can't fathom why he killed her, and his two little boys and himself.

To try to understand this kind of evil is a hopeless endeavor.

Just came over here after viewing the article that Desdemona linked to.... Excuse me while I go and throw up. Just so angry right now.
If there was blood evidence you'd think they'd have enough to have already put Joshs' rear end in jail.
But that's my opinion and NO, I'm not familiar with the inner workings of our justice system.
About 4 years ago I did jury duty for a B&E. They (cops) had arrested a man walking outside a home at 2am after getting a call about a break in...he ( the perp) could give no good reason as to why why he was out walking around their (victims') home with the ladies' purse and other items that did not belong to him. We the jury --unanimously-- found him entirely responsible for his own actions.
It's too bad LE hadn't found JP guilty based on actual blood in the home.... Being angry now won't bring Susan back ; but it may have saved her boys. I always felt that the two little ones were a great comfort to the Cox's...all they had left to remind them of her !
If there's any other woman in a similar situation , where she's seriously frightened like Susan was --- get your kids as soon as he's away at work or somewhere and get the heck out , don't stop to pack things up, just get out !
I know from reading other posts about Susans' final days that it seems she was incredibly controlled by JP and after deciding (allegedly) to harm her --he may not have let her out of his sight; so I'm not blaming Susan.
Sorry for the long rant.
The death of Charlie and Braden just seems to have been something that didn't have to happen.
It's comforting to know that they are with their mom in a safe, beautiful place ; just sad that they're no longer with us !

A prosecutor in Washington state who was getting a first look at the files Friday said if it was his case, he would have charged Josh Powell with murder.

"There is direct evidence. There is circumstantial evidence. There is motive," said Pierce County prosecutor Mark Lindquist. "There is everything but the body."

The documents, used as justification to search the home where Josh Powell was staying last year, detail a widespread case that investigators had built against him.

Shortly after Susan Powell disappeared, authorities found blood evidence on a floor next to a sofa and determined that it was Susan Powell's. The sofa appeared to have been recently cleaned, and two fans had been set up to blow on it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/30/josh-powell-susan-powell-missing-utah_n_1392756.html

I always knew this was evidence of a clean up after her murder and not koolaid as Josh said

how horrible.

Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said his detectives would have arrested Powell "a long time ago" if this had been their case. He said a detective in Washington state was aware of the details gathered and local authorities had been anticipating that Utah investigators would pursue an arrest.

"Obviously, it's frustrating," Troyer said. "We were always waiting for the phone call to go arrest him."

The documents also describe how Steven Powell had an apparent obsession with his daughter-in-law. A locked cabinet in Steve Powell's bedroom contained multiple images of Susan Powell, including some of her in her underwear. Other images showed nude female bodies with Susan Powell's face copied onto them.

Another image showed Steven Powell masturbating to an image of Susan Powell.

Susan Powell wrote in her personal journals that she did not want Steven Powell involved in her life and wished that Josh Powell would sever ties with him. She described Steven Powell as a pedophile.

___
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/30/josh-powell-susan-powell-missing-utah_n_1392756.html

So, is that the "stain" we've talked so much about? The one with the fan blowing on it? Lordy, they found her blood right next to the sofa, and still they could not take action? And a hand-written will? What does it take? A video tape of the actual deed?

WVPD needs to start looking deep within themselves...how could they take no action on the matter? Wish I could have been a fly on the wall during their various conversations when they made their decisions....I've tried to be supportive, but this news makes if very difficult.

imo

Shortly after Susan Powell disappeared, authorities found blood evidence on a floor next to a sofa and determined that it was Susan Powell's. The sofa appeared to have been recently cleaned, and two fans had been set up to blow on it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1392756.html
Resp. snipped from nursebeeme

When this story first broke; many news articles said the fans were blowing on a wet spot on the floor. The news about a recently cleaned sofa is new to me. There were days I had to stop reading about this because it made me so mad...
It really looks like they had enough on JP to arrest him sooner.
Well, JP's gone now as well and a higher power will deal with him.

Nursebeeme - It's totally, totally disgusting and so heart-breaking for Susan's family. Really, can it get any worse? Susan's family backed WVPD so strongly...

imo

Resp. snipped

That is so creepy !!! Makes it look as though SP was directly involved with the murder and disposal of Susan...to do away with evidence. :maddening:
They should put their toughest, meanest detectives onto SP and make him cringe with fear.
It would be good if the Cox's could get some remains back or at least know what happened that cold night.
Since SP is refusing to talk; that will never be. :banghead:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/susan-powells-blood-found-josh-powells-utah-home/story?id=16042493

The blood of Susan Powell, the Utah mother of two who went missing in December 2009, was found on a floor tile near a sofa in her family home, court documents unsealed Friday revealed.

The documents also revealed the existence of a letter Powell wrote and placed in a safe-deposit box in which she said that Josh Powell, her husband, had "threatened to destroy her if they get divorced" and that if she were to die, "it may not be accident, even if it looks like one," reported ABC News Seattle affiliate KOMO and The Associated Press.

The new evidence, tied to a criminal case involving Steve Powell, Josh Powell's father, raised questions as to why Josh Powell was never charged in the disappearance of his wife.

According to KOMO, after Susan Powell disappeared, her husband emptied her IRA accounts.

Josh Powell said that his wife had been cleaning the rug before she disappeared. He also told authorities that he had decided take an impromptu midnight camping trip with the boys in the midst of a blizzard, the night his wife vanished. Powell said he returned home to find his wife gone.

Later, he would blame his wife's mental state -- "extremely unstable" -- for her disappearance, while his father maintained she had skipped town with a man who disappeared from a Christmas party the night she vanished.

article also talks about SP's earlier interview talking about his "relationship" with Susan (I will not snip it... it is disgusting)

He says they did not let him or other agencies know what was in the sealed warrant.

After reading the search warrant, I want to vomit. Why or why did they let Josh and Stephen have those babies? I am so upset.

How much blood evidence? If it is just a few spots it wouldn't be grounds to do anything. If you searched my house you would find blood evidence too, but that wouldnt mean I was dead or that a crime had been committed, it would just mean that I lived there and cut myself at some point.

It is the amount that is important.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back