Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Susan Powell's Blood Was Found In Her Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    How much blood evidence? If it is just a few spots it wouldn't be grounds to do anything. If you searched my house you would find blood evidence too, but that wouldnt mean I was dead or that a crime had been committed, it would just mean that I lived there and cut myself at some point.

It is the amount that is important.
    I also think that the amount of blood found is important. Blood was found on the tile. How much blood? I remember reading that LE removed a portion of the carpet that the fans were drying. Was any blood found on the carpet? Vomit residue? Of course I don't know anything about LE but I would think with all the info WVPD found I think it was enough to put the kids in an undisclosed foster family and deny Josh Powell visitation. I am not at all impressed with WVPD having the Cox family do that wave and honk to try to pressure JP. Seeing how JP hated Susan's family, I wonder how wise it was to place the kids with the Cox family.

JMO

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sulamith For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    This same thing has been running through my head all night. Needless pain and suffering for so many.
    He actually talks about that in the interview... the ones who took care of the kids when they arrested Steve...
    His detectives are even struggling.
    Because they don't understand... up there this would have been charged.
    They don't understand why it wasn't in West Valley.

http://www.kirotv.com/videos/news/pi...dropped/vGkBX/

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I think you meant this:

More than two years ago, The Salt Lake Tribune asked a judge to unseal investigative documents in Susan Powell's disappearance, including search warrants served on Josh and Susan Powell's West Valley City home.

The Tribune recently renewed the motion, arguing it is unlikely any concerns remain about privacy, individual safety or security, or investigation integrity since Josh Powell has killed himself and his sons.

The newspaper is in discussions with prosecutors and West Valley City attorneys in an attempt to resolve the dispute outside of court.
    I hope the Trib is successful with this, although I shutter to think what other evidence was available in the remaining sealed search warrants.

imo

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to diphi For This Useful Post:

I'm shaken and furious. I agree with everyone here. The Cox family is devastated by this latest news.

My anger, which rarely rears it's ugly head, is thoroughly aimed at the WVPD.

My heart is with Susan, Charlie, and Braden. I especially am devastated that the WVPD didn't release information to the Cox family to immediately gain full custody of the boys. Josh Powell had years to poison their minds. When Charlie died in the inferno, he was already mentally twisted by his father to the point he was full of hate. He said his brother was dead, drew that awful picture that was discussed at length in another thread. At the time of Susan's murder, he told WVPD his mother was DEAD, in an emotionless voice. He was a damaged child then. What would it have cost WVPD to save him from his monster of a father? Braden, at that point was a toddler and would have been easier to treat. I can't imagine what awful indoctrination he was going through.
    The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Sulamith View Post
    I also think that the amount of blood found is important. Blood was found on the tile. How much blood? I remember reading that LE removed a portion of the carpet that the fans were drying. Was any blood found on the carpet? Vomit residue? Of course I don't know anything about LE but I would think with all the info WVPD found I think it was enough to put the kids in an undisclosed foster family and deny Josh Powell visitation. I am not at all impressed with WVPD having the Cox family do that wave and honk to try to pressure JP. Seeing how JP hated Susan's family, I wonder how wise it was to place the kids with the Cox family.

JMO
    BBM: Would you have rather have them left with the Powells or maybe complete strangers? The Cox family loved those boys and did everything in their power to get them and keep them safe. The failure here lies with the WVPD not informing the WA authorities and DHHS of exactly what they knew. The Cox family have suffered way more than enough, at least they have the memories of the boys those last few months.

I totally agree Josh should have never been granted visitation supervised or unsupervised. Josh should have been in jail in Utah
    BEFORE he had the chance to move the boys to Washington to be with his sickening POS father.

I really don't think the amount of blood here matters, there was enough to do DNA. Apparently, there was enough cleaning of the blood to have the fans running to dry certain areas. Along with the blood you have all of the other evidence.

My question is why wasn't Josh arrested for tampering with evidence for removing the SIM cards from both his and Susan's phones? I mean seriously, he committed a crime by doing that.

Josh made it so obvious that he was involved in Susan's murder that Ray Charles and Helen Keller could have seen it!

I am sickened and upset after reading these search warrants. Two innocent boys are dead all to "protect the integrity" of WVPD's investigation.....Hope that whomever made that decision can sleep at night, because I sure didn't last night...

JMO, IMO, MOO, , and all other disclaimers...
    My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.

The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA

The only one good thought I get out of this horrible travesty is the short times Charlie and Braden were in the loving arms of their grandparents where they were loved and shown how life was suppose to be - and the short time the grandparents could nurture their grandsons. These short times ended by evilness by Josh and stupidity of inept LE.

OMG ! I just saw this and I am speechless !

RIP Susan, Charlie and Braden

11. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

Just devastating.

After all the new news I always think that this case can't possibly get any worse and then it does.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
    I'm shaken and furious. I agree with everyone here. The Cox family is devastated by this latest news.

My anger, which rarely rears it's ugly head, is thoroughly aimed at the WVPD.

My heart is with Susan, Charlie, and Braden. I especially am devastated that the WVPD didn't release information to the Cox family to immediately gain full custody of the boys. Josh Powell had years to poison their minds. When Charlie died in the inferno, he was already mentally twisted by his father to the point he was full of hate. He said his brother was dead, drew that awful picture that was discussed at length in another thread. At the time of Susan's murder, he told WVPD his mother was DEAD, in an emotionless voice. He was a damaged child then. What would it have cost WVPD to save him from his monster of a father? Braden, at that point was a toddler and would have been easier to treat. I can't imagine what awful indoctrination he was going through.
    I shudder to think what Charlie went through. josh powell was a severely damaged son by steve powell's hand and josh kept the cycle going by his actions with Charlie.

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:

What an unholy mess Why was he allowed to keep those boys? I would like to hope that heads will roll after this, can Susan's parents sue the Police Dept?
    England's dancing days are done...

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

Hi all. I have not kept up with this case much, just know the tragic circumstances of the little boys' deaths....but after reading this:

The documents also describe how Steven Powell had an apparent obsession with his daughter-in-law. A locked cabinet in Steve Powell's bedroom contained multiple images of Susan Powell, including some of her in her underwear. Other images showed nude female bodies with Susan Powell's face copied onto them.

Another image showed Steven Powell masturbating to an image of Susan Powell.

Susan Powell wrote in her personal journals that she did not want Steven Powell involved in her life and wished that Josh Powell would sever ties with him. She described Steven Powell as a pedophile.

Josh Powell said that his wife had been cleaning the rug before she disappeared. He also told authorities that he had decided take an impromptu midnight camping trip with the boys in the midst of a blizzard, the night his wife vanished. Powell said he returned home to find his wife gone.

I am wondering if Josh killed her and then took the boys out of the house that night while Steven Powell disposed of the body.

18. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to TotallyObsessed For This Useful Post:

OMG. I'm so angry once again. As other have said, I thought it couldn't get any worse and yet once again it did. This did not have to happen. Shame on those that didn't act when they could have and should have.

Who to blame -- is it the WVPD or the WV prosecutors. Which one made the decision that they didn't have enough to go forward. I really want the answer to that. And I want them held accountable.

FGS, we've all seen cases charged with less evidence haven't we? And we still haven't seen it all -- some of it is still under seal.

My heart aches for the Coxes. More heart break that they should not have.
    All posts are my opinion only.

This is just unbelievable. Those boys should never have been allowed to live with this sick family. WV LE sacrificed those boys. Of course they didn't know that JP would kill them. But, what about letting them stay with an obviously unstable parent? They need to take responsibility. They won't comment to protect the integrity of their investigation? That's a laugh.

21. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

Why did they unseal these warrants now and why was this information released to the media in the late evening,on a Friday night and two plus years after Susan disappeared? Why now?

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    He says they did not let him or other agencies know what was in the sealed warrant.
    The very last statement he made...to the affect of "trying to get strong case xxxxxxx? Was that last word OFF? What did he say? TYIA

http://www.kirotv.com/videos/news/pierce-county-sheriffs-spokesman-somebody-dropped/vGkBX/

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    How much blood evidence? If it is just a few spots it wouldn't be grounds to do anything. If you searched my house you would find blood evidence too, but that wouldnt mean I was dead or that a crime had been committed, it would just mean that I lived there and cut myself at some point.

It is the amount that is important.
    Agree. I'm also confused because the one MSM report says the blood evidence was found on the comforter from the storage unit, and the then the other says on the floor.

There is a lot that does not jive, imo, but I'm going to review all of the MSM reporting before listing. I had asked numerous times-- and even the reporters-- on the descrepancy of what was found on the bed...phone, keys, and purse because the reporting had not be consistant (in many articles).

And if her cell was in the van....why couldn't they track it's pings to where he had been? Did he remove the battery? IMO, upon finding a shovel, a tarp and a gas can in the van, that was enough for any jury to convict with all the other circumtantial evidence, imo. No trace evidence of "crystals" on that shovel...and the tire tracks? No DNA of Susan on that tarp?

More later..

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Why did they unseal these warrants now and why was this information released to the media in the late evening,on a Friday night and two plus years after Susan disappeared? Why now?
    I believe it came out because SP has filed a motion that the search of his home and computers was illegal. So, they had to release them for the hearing? jmo There is a thread about his hearing yesterday.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

I will never forget that night that she went missing or when it was first reported that she was missing ,etc. It was so dang cold here in Wyoming, I remember thinking who in sam's hill takes their toddlers out camping in this crud? It didn't fly with me then, and in light of everything else over the 2 years, it makes no sense whatsoever.
    If they needed a bright red truck to nail josh, a dart could have been thrown at any of the evidence and made it stick!!! OOOOOOoooooooo......
    JMO, MOO, Doing my best. I am not perfect and I don't expect you to be either.

31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Peazzzer For This Useful Post:

The fans were found inside the living room sofa?:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/31/us/uta...nce/index.html

In the hours after Susan Powell was reported missing, authorities said they found two fans inside the living room sofa that appeared to have just been cleaned.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:

What really gets me is that Susan saw this coming and put the note that said...if something happens to me, it was Josh...in a safety deposit box. And that still wasn't enough. She was denied the opportunity to protect her children from beyond the grave. It's beyond heartbreaking.

We've seen other cases where letters like this were instrumental in getting convictions and where there was less supporting evidence than in this one. I really can't believe this.

Didn't the recent documents say that Susan kept some of her journals at work? Or did I just imagine that? If so, those might contain more specific concerns, etc.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Didn't the recent documents say that Susan kept some of her journals at work? Or did I just imagine that? If so, those might contain more specific concerns, etc.
    IIRC The WVCPD went to her worklace and got those but that didn't stop josh from cashing in her 401Ks. It must have chapped his azz that she had those.

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie Estes View Post
    IIRC The WVCPD went to her worklace and got those but that didn't stop josh from cashing in her 401Ks. It must have chapped his azz that she had those.
    Too bad she didn't make a video diary, from work and send it to an attorney or post it in an account online. Perhaps any women who is in fear of her spouse, boyfriend, coworker, or stalker should make a video record of her fears and put that in a safety deposit box or send it to a private attorney in case of a questionable death or disappearance.

Then again, LE might have ignored that as well.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

I know that a lot of women in DV situations feel shame and guilt over what the abuser is doing. This is a part of why women don't tell others about what is going on. They know that they will be the one who is blamed and be shamed no matter which way, or to what "professionals" they turn to.

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:

Before noticing the "Susan's blood" article on CNN today, I had vowed never to search for, or post about, anything relating to this case again. The twists & turns of this UGLY mess of 3 years lead back & pointed to a sick & repulsive pedo. The expletive words that I would like to spit out would not be acceptable on his forum nor would any available "smilie" illustrate the anger I feel.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast