778 users online (108 members and 670 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

KY - Sarah Jones for child sexual abuse, Edgewood, 2012

Why does the media always insist on minimizing female authority figures' illegal activity with youth? This headline would be much different if the perp was a male. Shame on this woman!!

And her mother...a principal.

http://news.yahoo.com/cincinnati-ben...opstories.html

Cincinnati Ben-Gals Cheerleader and Former Kentucky Teacher Charged With Having Affair With Student
    March 30, 2012

"Kentucky police are calling a personal foul against a high school teacher who moonlighted as a Cincinnati Ben-Gal. Her offense: having sex with an underage student. Sarah Jones, 26, was indicted Thursday on charges of first-degree sexual abuse and unlawful use of electronic means to induce a minor to engage in sexual or other prohibited acts. Police say the charges stem from an investigation that began in November at Dixie Heights High School in Edgewood, Ky...."

and

"....Jones, a former freshman English teacher at the high school and current cheerleader for the Cincinnati Bengals, stepped down from her position at the school in November after the investigation began, citing "personal reasons...."

More at link (plus mugshot)

Another article and a "before" photo of Jones:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Hmmm. From the link just above:

“...Sarah denies it completely and apparently the quote, un quote ‘victim’ denies it and is not cooperating … and his parents are upset Sarah is having to go through this which is not usually the case in these situations..."

More at link

Her defense lawyer was saying that.
    Just my opinion

A Ben-Gals cheerleader, who appeared on a national television blasting a website and saying it posted rumors that ruined her life, entered a "not guilty" plea this morning to answer to charges that she allegedly had sex with a teenager. Sarah Jones was indicted last week by a Kenton County Grand Jury for first degree sexual abuse and unlawful use of electronic devices to solicit illegal activity.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/st...c67Qc0xsQ.cspx
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Husband of Cincinnati Bengals cheerleader who 'had sex with a student' wants an annulment...and the family of the 'victim' were in court to SUPPORT her

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

this is all so strange. I am not sure what to think....both parents are supporting her?

With the family of the victim supporting her, I'm not quite sure what to think on this one. There's always a slim chance she could be innocent - stranger things have happened.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

I'm in the haystack looking for that needle

Whatever happened to believe the children? The child in this case is saying nothing happened, why is nobody listening to him?

And this isn't a case where the victim would be denying through shame either - look at her. If a 15 year old boy had had sex with her he would be bragging about it. Plus, she's already won an $11 million defamation suit against the people who started these disgusting rumours. I don't even know why she's being charged - sounds like a rerun of the Duke Lacrosse fiasco.

"Two words in a text message from former Ben-Gals Captain Sarah Jones could throw a wrench in her case. Those words to her alleged victim: "deny everything.""

http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/s...Np1YaZYxA.cspx
    Just my opinion

From the same article...

Prosecutors didn't make clear whether Jones was asking the teen, a student at Dixie Heights High School at the time, to cover up details in the case or whether she's instructing him to deny any untrue accusations.

Let's See Where This Goes.............

Let's just see where this goes...............

It's been more than a month now, and there's been nothing added about this 'depraved
    female authority figure that preyed on innocent youth' (that is me being extremely sarcastic). The only ones truly maligning this young lady's character are some anonymous sources at Nik Richie's website, Nik and his attorney. It's amazing to me the extent this guy is willing to go to, and I sure do hope when the truth is out, that Nik is going to be paying for destroying the reputation of a young lady that didn't deserve this.
    As for the people that posted nasty comments about Sarah Jones here. Why did you stop? Did you run out of information? Because I can certainly see where apologies are in order.
    Sarah, I pray that when the truth comes out, you'll be vindicated and people will be lining up to apologize to you.

Lawyer files motion

Ok, more information here. But I don't want the comments taken out of context, so here are the links:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nfl-cheerle...ry?id=16892271

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...rah-Jones-case

sarah-jones-bengals-cheerleader-indicted-new-details-on-case-of-alleged-sex-with-minor

http://news.lawreader.com/2012/07/28...y-court-order/
    This last link contained:
    DEFENDANTS’ MOTION FOR CONTEMPT, SANCTIONS, SUPPRESSION, AND
    DISMISSAL
    Comes now Sarah Jones and Cheryl Jones, by and through counsel, and moves the Court for an Order of contempt and sanctions against Sara Farmer. The text messages were ordered sealed. On page three at the bottom of the Commonwealth’s Motion to Preclude Hearing, Sara Farmer references the content to the text messages and places in quotes a text message attributed to Sarah Jones which could be interpreted as damaging to her case. This is in direct violation of a Court Order sealing the text messages.
    Sara Farmer’s reference and publication ofthis text content in quotes is no different than if she showed the world the text. The Court knows we were concerned and called asking if it was sealed. We found out this morning it wasn’t. We were drafting a Motion to Seal. Too late. In fact, as I was writing the Motion to Seal, I received a phone call from the news, who in checking the Court file found the pleading and not only reported on their noon news, it is already on the internet! Now all the other stations are calling. Sara Farmer filed this pleading as a public record in the Circuit Clerk’s office for
    the world to see. The sanction should be suppression of the text
    messages or dismissal of all charges. The publication is extremely
    prejudicial to Sarah Jones. Furthermore, it can’t be undone. This is not a
    situation where ajury could be admonished. In fact it’s far worse. This
    information will be disseminated to the world through the internet. Sara
    Farmer expresses a concern about the jury pool in her publicity motion?
    What does she think about what she has done here? Potential jurors and
    the public have access to this information and can draw conclusions
    based upon the disclosure which can’t be resolved by any other
    sanction. The Court should suppress the texts or dismiss all charges.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_...orning-America
    Last edited by EXIA15145; 09-10-2012 at 04:39 AM. Reason: added links

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast