Russia - Anya Shkaptsova, 9 mos, found burned, buried, Bryansk, 2 March 2012

longtallcold

What happened to Nancy Jenkins?
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
I absolutely bawled at this one.........I pray every day that this kind of thing will cease to happen, but God it just keeps happening, doesn't it?? :(

3/31/2012: BRYANSK, Russia -- The uncontrolled weeping of a teenage mother whose baby was missing tore at the heart of an entire nation. Through inconsolable grief, Svetlana Shkaptsova, 19, told her TV interviewer that one week earlier she had left her 9-month-old daughter in a stroller outside a pet store while she ducked in to pick up some cat food. When she returned just five minutes later, baby and stroller were gone.

<modsnip>

SOURCE: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/world_now/2012/03/russia-kidnapping-baby-abuse-missing-child.html

ARTICLE TWO: The charred body of nine-month-old Anya Shkaptsova has been discovered near the house of her mother's relatives. The police are now searching the house for evidence of Svetlana Shkaptsova&#8217;s complicity in the child&#8217;s murder.

<modsnip>

How very sad...parents lose children they love by accident, and people do this....

Pavel Astakhov, a Russian children&#8217;s ombudsman and renowned lawyer, said Friday that he would seek the maximum life sentence in this case, and push for the death penalty for such crimes in the future.

&#8220;If the president finds it necessary,&#8221; Astakhov said, &#8220;we may cancel the moratorium&#8221; on the death penalty.====================================

They ain't fooling around with this. Thank Goodness.

Oh bless -- this is terribly sad. I've read that mum's still leave their babies outside while shopping or in a cafe. I can't blame this young mother, as it's probably all she knows. But I will blame the abducter who killed this child, and pray he/she is found soon.

pram.jpg

I do bet this will change the thoughts of mum's leaving their children outside, as this kind of crime is (from what I understand) very rare.

MOO

Mel

Oh bless -- this is terribly sad. I've read that mum's still leave their babies outside while shopping or in a cafe. I can't blame this young mother, as it's probably all she knows. But I will blame the abducter who killed this child, and pray he/she is found soon.

View attachment 21389

I do bet this will change the thoughts of mum's leaving their children outside, as this kind of crime is (from what I understand) very rare.

MOO

Mel

They found the killer. It was mum's boyfriend. :mad: And she helped him cover it up, she says she was forced to .

They found the killer. It was mum's boyfriend. :mad: And she helped him cover it up, she says she was forced to .

OMG! Forced to? Seriously? I hope they both get the DP. That poor poor precious child.

Mel

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth