1272 users online (248 members and 1024 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Russia - Anya Shkaptsova, 9 mos, found burned, buried; parents charged, 2 March 2012

I absolutely bawled at this one.........I pray every day that this kind of thing will cease to happen, but God it just keeps happening, doesn't it??

3/31/2012: BRYANSK, Russia -- The uncontrolled weeping of a teenage mother whose baby was missing tore at the heart of an entire nation. Through inconsolable grief, Svetlana Shkaptsova, 19, told her TV interviewer that one week earlier she had left her 9-month-old daughter in a stroller outside a pet store while she ducked in to pick up some cat food. When she returned just five minutes later, baby and stroller were gone.

<modsnip>

SOURCE: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/worl...ing-child.html

ARTICLE TWO: The charred body of nine-month-old Anya Shkaptsova has been discovered near the house of her mother's relatives. The police are now searching the house for evidence of Svetlana Shkaptsova’s complicity in the child’s murder.

<modsnip>
    Last edited by JBean; 04-01-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: reduced text to 10% copyright.

How very sad...parents lose children they love by accident, and people do this....

How sad RIP little one

Pavel Astakhov, a Russian children’s ombudsman and renowned lawyer, said Friday that he would seek the maximum life sentence in this case, and push for the death penalty for such crimes in the future.

“If the president finds it necessary,” Astakhov said, “we may cancel the moratorium” on the death penalty.====================================

They ain't fooling around with this. Thank Goodness.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Oh bless -- this is terribly sad. I've read that mum's still leave their babies outside while shopping or in a cafe. I can't blame this young mother, as it's probably all she knows. But I will blame the abducter who killed this child, and pray he/she is found soon.

pram.jpg

I do bet this will change the thoughts of mum's leaving their children outside, as this kind of crime is (from what I understand) very rare.

MOO

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Oh bless -- this is terribly sad. I've read that mum's still leave their babies outside while shopping or in a cafe. I can't blame this young mother, as it's probably all she knows. But I will blame the abducter who killed this child, and pray he/she is found soon.

pram.jpg

I do bet this will change the thoughts of mum's leaving their children outside, as this kind of crime is (from what I understand) very rare.

MOO

Mel
    They found the killer. It was mum's boyfriend. And she helped him cover it up, she says she was forced to .
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    They found the killer. It was mum's boyfriend. And she helped him cover it up, she says she was forced to .
    OMG! Forced to? Seriously? I hope they both get the DP. That poor poor precious child.

Mel