GUILTY TX - Johnathan Ramsey, 10, Dallas, August 2011

Dallas police search for body as couple accused of slowly starving boy to death
Dallas police searched for the body of 10-year-old Johnathan Ramsey in Ellis County on Saturday. The boy's father, Aaron Ramsey, and stepmother, Elizabeth Ramsey, both face charges of injury to a child, which could be upgraded to murder if Johnathan's body is located.
More...

Police search for the body of 11 year old boy in rural Ellis County
The search is on for the body of an 11-year-old boy as his father and step-mother are facing charges in connection to his death.
Dallas police officers and investigators swarmed a rural part of Ellis County Saturday afternoon in the search for the body of Johnathan Ramsey. They came to the wooded area after receiving a call from Johnathan Ramsey’s grandfather the day before.
“He had some concerns over his grandson. He hadn’t seen his grandson in a while,” said Dallas police Deputy Chief Sheryl Scott.
More...

Johnathan Ramsey, missing 11 year old presumed dead
Update, April 1: If you've read this morning's paper, you know this story is even more disturbing than initially thought. Update after the original:
Original item, Saturday, March 31: It was only yesterday that Edward Ramsey called Dallas police, concerned about the whereabouts of his 11-year-old grandson, Johnathan Ramsey. But by this afternoon, the Dallas Police Department says, its detectives had already determined that the boy was dead and arrested the boy's dad and step-mom for causing injury to a child, a felony.
More...

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/04/dallas-police-call-off-search.html

By Melissa Repko
mrepko@dallasnews.com | Bio
9:53 AM on Sun., Apr. 1, 2012

Dallas police called off the search for the body of Johnathan Ramsey, the 10-year-old from Dallas who was locked in his bedroom and slowly starved to death by his father and stepmother, on Sunday morning.

The search was postponed due to challenging weather conditions and dense terrain, said senior corporal Melinda Gutierrez of the Dallas Police Department.

What depravity. RIP Jonathan. :rose:

Weather is a factor!!! It's clear and 80 degrees here???

Can't believe Dallas doesn't have any 'cadaver' dogs...if they don't, they know where to get them. The only thing more outrageous than this crime, jmo, is the fact that LE is willing to leave Johnathan out there one more day.

more details...he was left from March until August in that bedroom until he was unresponsive and then dumped

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2012/04/johnathan_ramsey_missing_11-ye.php

(sorry Summer, know this thread is for info & prayers only but there isn't a discussion thread posted and this just begs for more)

Just when I think I've heard the worst along comes another one! Sick, sick people! :banghead:

Moving to the Discussion forum, so that everyone can feel free to chime in with their thoughts and opinions.

~Summer_Breeze

Wow. There are no words. Just... heartbreaking.

Wish I could have done something to save you, Johnathan.

He looks so unhappy in all his pictures :(. How can people be so cruel? Such pure evil! My fear is how many others are there? I want to save them all. So sick, so angry!

well it sure doesn't look like those fatties went without food. Disgusting and I hope someone spits in their food everyday in prison.

I was thinking the same thing, they definitely never missed a meal.

This case makes me very ill. Why didn't the school get involved when he was taken out? I read that the mother was trying to get visitation. Why didn't she at least have visitation already? When there was story after story, why didn't the family report him missing before a year?

Are they trying to almost claim self defense? They claim that he hit the step-mom in the stomach causing a miscarriage. Are they trying to justify their behavior? Do they have NO conscience? This was a child!! If they were having problems with him, they could have turned to family.

I will never understand! :no:

Weather is a factor!!! It's clear and 80 degrees here???

Can't believe Dallas doesn't have any 'cadaver' dogs...if they don't, they know where to get them. The only thing more outrageous than this crime, jmo, is the fact that LE is willing to leave Johnathan out there one more day.

more details...he was left from March until August in that bedroom until he was unresponsive and then dumped

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2012/04/johnathan_ramsey_missing_11-ye.php

(sorry Summer, know this thread is for info & prayers only but there isn't a discussion thread posted and this just begs for more)

It says "prior rainy weather conditions." There has been a lot of rain in the Dallas area recently, and even east where I live. Some flooding as well. We still have some water standing in low areas, and more rain is predicted in the next few days. If they are in low lying areas where there are a lot of trees and brush, it is going to be muddy and wet.

This case makes me very ill. Why didn't the school get involved when he was taken out? I read that the mother was trying to get visitation. Why didn't she at least have visitation already? When there was story after story, why didn't the family report him missing before a year?

Are they trying to almost claim self defense? They claim that he hit the step-mom in the stomach causing a miscarriage. Are they trying to justify their behavior? Do they have NO conscience? This was a child!! If they were having problems with him, they could have turned to family.

I don't understand it, either. It's possible he was autistic and the stepmother couldn't handle him, because of this violence... IF he was violent, who knows? I can't picture a man who would lock his child in a bedroom and starve them to death. How could a parent enjoy a meal (and it looks like they enjoyed lots of them) when their child is hungry?
These people are monsters and they need to be put away for the rest of their lives. Thankfully, prison food is awful.,

I heard this and i was just sick. I live in that county and I have to say, I don't have any mud in my yard and my yard always holds water, so don't know what the weather delay could be. Another child just slipped through the cracks. I couldn't imagine.

I live in the Dallas area and it hasn't been raining here for awhile but it has been raining in surrounding areas. I'm guessing one of those areas that I'm not close to was the search area? Glad to see more people from Texas when I saw this case I was going to help search if they needed volunteers and then I saw the sad news this morning. I wish we could have done something.

I know I can barely stand to read about this case. It makes me feel anxious and devastated. I do not think that Jonathan ever hit the stepmother or if he did hit her it was in his own self defense. I wonder if she was ever really pregnant. Yes and where was the school district in all of this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back