Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 1065

Thread: AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #7

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by 503mpco View Post
    Indeed! Exactly why I was wondering if it had been discussed at all. My info was most certainly not from a good source. As I said in my orig. post just something I've heard from a few different people so I thought it was interesting that it was being discussed in different circles.
    Just want to make sure you didn't think I was directing that at your comment specifically. Basically just thinking how in this case there's so little information that it's easy to latch on to any new idea that could explain things. And, I'd be thinking about the version I had heard, mulling it around in my head, and once I heard what you mentioned it made me realize all the more that the reality is there's just no more news yet.
    Last edited by joslmaman; 04-02-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: clarification

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joslmaman For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,839
    I see we have some new peeps on Websleuths! Glad ya joined - you're gonna love it here!


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21,498
    Quote Originally Posted by GutFeeling! View Post
    Ohhhh and taking them at night, around the 9pm 10 pm mark is excellent, news casts are over. Friday night are an extra bargain because no investigators have to answer the phone- it's the weekend, and while they are still working they can say it is a day off.

    Tricky little blighters no? lol
    BBM
    Is than an Aussie term?

    I love it!

    Can I use it too?

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:


  7. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21,498
    Quote Originally Posted by 907 View Post
    or, they called people into work, at 10pm on friday to help out, and they wore their clothes they put on.
    Does a uniform add anything to the credibility?
    the FBi agents i have interacted with, always had on "plain clothes", and no uniform.
    Same for APD detectives.
    FWIW...I was noticing the clothes of the men moving the shed, and all of the men I saw, except one, had blue jeans (levi tags) similar boots, and similar jackets. I thought, there was even a type of uniform for their street clothes.
    One guy had shirt sleeves on, though, and I thought, "Isn't he freezing?!?"

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:


  9. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21,498
    Quote Originally Posted by z560 View Post
    That's all true but I'm thinking that collecting a number of agents (I think I read there were 20 there or something like that?) in one public place can be a bit of a liability. If it were just a few then I'm not sure there is an issue but if you basically have every FBI agent in Anchorage there (which is what it sounds like) then I could see that being a problem.
    Good point...it's kind of like the U.S. President, Vice-President, Speaker of the House, etc. can't all travel in the same plane/car/etc. because the liability is too great.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,839
    Quote Originally Posted by z560 View Post
    Snowbunny - Just to reply to a post of yours in the prior thread, I don't think it matters that KA owns the property. If IK was the only who had access to the shed there (it probably had a lock on it, right?) then she could not consent to its search.

    Here's an analogy for you: say you have a son living in your home, but his room is "off limits" to everyone else and he even locks it when he leaves (unusual, I know). If the cops came and tried to search his room your consent might not be enough even though you own the home.

    Sorry if this seems off-topic but it may be relevant. It could explain why the FBI waited until now to seize the shed--perhaps before they couldn't get into it and didn't have enough to get a separate warrant for it.
    Would depend on the son's age & if he actually pays rent to his parents, otherwise it would be totally up to the homeowner. Either case though I think some sort of document backing up investigators actions needs to be presented as well as stay on file.

    In IK's situation, I'd think even if KA gave investigators permission to take the shed that it wouldn't be enough to have verbal or written permission. For legal evidence protective measures, for the protection of the case so evidence doesn't get thrown out, they would need backup with a warrant/affidavit.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:


  13. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,839
    Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    FWIW...I was noticing the clothes of the men moving the shed, and all of the men I saw, except one, had blue jeans (levi tags) similar boots, and similar jackets. I thought, there was even a type of uniform for their street clothes.
    One guy had shirt sleeves on, though, and I thought, "Isn't he freezing?!?"
    They were plain clothed officers, I thought with the FBI.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:


  15. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,839
    Re the hair combing thing...

    Before I went to college, I had this idea to be one a beautician. I learned that freshly combed hair before going out in damp or humid weather prevents shedding of your hair. Maybe the combing, if the rumor has any truth to it, was done to prevent trace evidence from being left at a subsequent crime scene.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:


  17. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,839
    Quote Originally Posted by z560 View Post
    This caught my eye in a recent news story:



    http://community.adn.com/adn/node/16...#storylink=cpy

    Maybe some of the agents involved are undercover, or wish to keep a low profile at the very least. That might explain doing this operation under the cover of night.
    Still catching up ... But yes. They state plain clothes men & women. They have to be talking on an official capacity bc they've never described JK as plain clothes, or MT as plain clothes, or the coffee shop owners as plain clothes. It's a term used to describe undercover agents. Also, I believe they were FBI.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:


  19. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,839
    Quote Originally Posted by 907 View Post
    Ok, this kind of made me saY Hmmmm....
    I note that all the fliers say "kidnapped"
    Articles say Abduction.

    So i googled the definitions. Nearly the same, except, kidnapped has "ransom" in it.

    There seems to be no consistency between the use of the two, and perhaps, it is a wild theory about the word use.

    It may change the way a search is done, or maybe at first it is an abduction, until they know it is a kidnapping.

    her phone is somewheres. the father said the battery died. but, anyone can go to radio shack and get a charger...

    maybe this is why that apd asserted they beleived she was alive. No one pays ransom for a corpse.

    Might fit, might not........Dang Semantics.
    Exactly. We noted this in the beginning. Doesn't mean somebody on the inside is involved, or that's it's all a ruse for money, but it goes to show that le isn't providing all available info to Sam's dad - which they'd be remiss to anyway...just sayin'. Seems they're keeping their cards close to the chest.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:


  21. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    992
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    Re the hair combing thing...

    Before I went to college, I had this idea to be one a beautician. I learned that freshly combed hair before going out in damp or humid weather prevents shedding of your hair. Maybe the combing, if the rumor has any truth to it, was done to prevent trace evidence from being left at a subsequent crime scene.
    True. If the rumor is true. There are lots of reasons why she may do that. It also would depend on the timeline. IF she did it while the other person was there, perhaps she was stalling or because she knew the person. If it was right before, perhaps she was simply getting freshened up after a shift at work because the BF was picking her up. Brushing one's hair may or may not be unusual. Especially if she had it up in a ponytail all day and now wanted it down.
    Last edited by LucyOso; 04-02-2012 at 06:31 PM.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LucyOso For This Useful Post:


  23. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,839
    Why...doesn't...Israel...have...a...net...trail... ?

    Isn't anybody else bothered by this? It's like an itch that I can't reach...

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:


  25. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,839
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyOso View Post
    True. If the rumor is true. There are lots of reasons why she may do that. It also would depend on the timeline. IF she did it while the other person was there, perhaps she was stalling or because she knew the person. If it was right before, perhaps she was simply getting freshened up after a shift at work because the BF was picking her up. B. rushing one's hair may or may not be unusual. Especially if she had it up in a ponytail all day and now wanted it down.
    But if she was in on this, why would the cops continue to say she was abducted & that IK is their suspect? They'd have to have an idea if she's dirty or not. I think she was honestly abducted but I know I could be wrong. I also don't think this was a set up to get money for JK. I think the man is flat out torn up. I was hinky about the reward money but just don't see how he could pull this off with the whole nation involved. I believe JK is one sad upset hands tied papa that's at a loss bc he can't help bring his daughter home.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:


  27. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,839
    However - going with that for a sec...

    How many financial institutions are in the Anchorage area? Anybody know?

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:


  29. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    Why...doesn't...Israel...have...a...net...trail... ?

    Isn't anybody else bothered by this? It's like an itch that I can't reach...
    Not really. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a computer in his home. He's probably lived without electricity and running water when he was building trails and remote cabins. What bugs me is that Samantha doesn't have an internet presence. Or if she did, they were scrubbed before the public was even aware she was missing. That's weird.

  30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:


  31. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    992
    Ok...I don't know if this has been discussed before. Just some thoughts and they aren't related...Just random thoughts...

    Any chance Sam went into a witness protection program? Not sure how that would work. How do people go into those? Don't they just disappear?

    Any chance the delay from person A reporting the card was due to the fact his vehicle was not robbed, but because he maybe was robbed by someone from an adult ad on craigslist or something that was not above board? I am not trying to say Sam placed ads, but, if she was the one who took this card after "visiting" and IK ends up with it, then maybe that is a link.

    Or, any chance perhaps Sam got pregnant, wanted to hide it and went to have an abortion or take the abortive pill and she did not survive it?

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LucyOso For This Useful Post:


  33. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,839
    Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post
    Not really. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a computer in his home. He's probably lived without electricity and running water when he was building trails and remote cabins. What bugs me is that Samantha doesn't have an internet presence. Or if she did, they were scrubbed before the public was even aware she was missing. That's weird.
    Ditto, but I do believe he's net savvy bc he has a website with scanned & uploaded documents, plus an unprotected cache of info feeding his site. That gives an ip and it doesn't appear to be done from a cell. He has a FB for his defunct co, plus a myspace & who knows what else. Sam's newer stuff was wiped. Both know how to protect their social networking sites, which isn't always truly protected if one knows basic HTML & how to use wayback (& cache) for posts deleted. Just takes time...

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:


  35. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,839
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyOso View Post
    Ok...I don't know if this has been discussed before. Just some thoughts and they aren't related...Just random thoughts...

    Any chance Sam went into a witness protection program? Not sure how that would work. How do people go into those? Don't they just disappear?

    Any chance the delay from person A reporting the card was due to the fact his vehicle was not robbed, but because he maybe was robbed by someone from an adult ad on craigslist or something that was not above board? I am not trying to say Sam placed ads, but, if she was the one who took this card after "visiting" and IK ends up with it, then maybe that is a link.

    Or, any chance perhaps Sam got pregnant, wanted to hide it and went to have an abortion or take the abortive pill and she did not survive it?
    If she were in a witness protection program, police wouldn't be using tax payer's money to look for her & the FBI wouldn't be utilizing their every resource to find her. IMO not a chance. Good idea though & wish it could be true. I don't usually post as typically being one way & one way only but I do know there's no way she's being safely hidden in the witness protection program at this moment.

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jersey*Girl For This Useful Post:


  37. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    However - going with that for a sec...

    How many financial institutions are in the Anchorage area? Anybody know?
    A quick check shows 4 major banks with branches:

    Wells Fargo Bank, 12
    First National Bank Alaska, 9
    Northrim Bank, 5
    KeyBank, 3

    And a few more small banks:

    The Park National Bank
    Commerce Bank
    KeyBank
    Fifth Third Bank
    Bank Midwest
    RBS Citizens
    Iberiabank
    Trustmark National Bank

    Then the Credit Unions:

    Advancial Federal Credit Union
    Alaska Airlines Employees Federal Credit Union
    Alaska District Engineers Federal Credit Union
    Alaska State Employees Federal Credit Union
    Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
    Denali Alaska Federal Credit Union
    Credit Union 1
    True North Federal Credit Union
    Northern Skies Federal Credit Union

    There may be more I'm missing. Why?

  38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:


  39. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    4,698
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyOso View Post
    Ok...I don't know if this has been discussed before. Just some thoughts and they aren't related...Just random thoughts...

    Any chance Sam went into a witness protection program? Not sure how that would work. How do people go into those? Don't they just disappear?

    Any chance the delay from person A reporting the card was due to the fact his vehicle was not robbed, but because he maybe was robbed by someone from an adult ad on craigslist or something that was not above board? I am not trying to say Sam placed ads, but, if she was the one who took this card after "visiting" and IK ends up with it, then maybe that is a link.

    Or, any chance perhaps Sam got pregnant, wanted to hide it and went to have an abortion or take the abortive pill and she did not survive it?



    BBM, respectfully and with no snark or other rudeness intended, I sincerely hope not. IMOO in the US abortion is safe and legal. I am not putting down people who might feel like they don't have access to this for whatever reason, like they don't really have freedom of choice because of financial or other constraints.
    now an official Penn State alum!

    Kindness is magic. (Derek)

    @JaneDoe25 (Twitter)

  40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PlainJaneDoe For This Useful Post:


  41. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    992
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    But if she was in on this, why would the cops continue to say she was abducted & that IK is their suspect? They'd have to have an idea if she's dirty or not. I think she was honestly abducted but I know I could be wrong. I also don't think this was a set up to get money for JK. I think the man is flat out torn up. I was hinky about the reward money but just don't see how he could pull this off with the whole nation involved. I believe JK is one sad upset hands tied papa that's at a loss bc he can't help bring his daughter home.
    I do think she was abducted as well. I just think it was someone she knew in some way. Unless the person is a very psychologically adept at being a predator (stranger), I can't imagine her going without some kind of fight or force. If she knew the person and they manipulated her or something into going, I can see that. It may not be someone in her inner circle, but, someone she is familiar enough with. It is not uncommon for someone to state, "there has been an accident with"...and get someone who is in shock to go with them...

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to LucyOso For This Useful Post:


  43. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    Ditto, but I do believe he's net savvy bc he has a website with scanned & uploaded documents, plus an unprotected cache of info feeding his site. That gives an ip and it doesn't appear to be done from a cell. He has a FB for his defunct co, plus a myspace & who knows what else. Sam's newer stuff was wiped. Both know how to protect their social networking sites, which isn't always truly protected if one knows basic HTML & how to use wayback (& cache) for posts deleted. Just takes time...
    Websites are a little tricky to set up. I thought perhaps he traded labor and someone set one up for him. Who knows, he could be a computer guru.
    Wish I would have thought to check out the dating sites. Can you wayback that?

  44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:


  45. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,146
    Quote Originally Posted by PlainJaneDoe View Post
    [/B]

    BBM, respectfully and with no snark or other rudeness intended, I sincerely hope not. IMOO in the US abortion is safe and legal. I am not putting down people who might feel like they don't have access to this for whatever reason, like they don't really have freedom of choice because of financial or other constraints.
    I think we've all pondered if there was an unplanned pregnancy. If for no other reason than her age is in the child bearing years. Just as with the elderly we consider dementia. No harm no foul.

  46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:


  47. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    992
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    Why...doesn't...Israel...have...a...net...trail... ?

    Isn't anybody else bothered by this? It's like an itch that I can't reach...
    I know a ton of people who live "off the grid" by choice. It is a lifestyle thing. Some distrust the government, some want to live simply and some just are very private people by personality. I know people who grew up in "commune" or sect like places who simply don't know how to use technology as a social medium. They may use it on occasion, say at a library, but they don't need it in everyday life. Or, not until their 30s or 40s will they start using it because they go to college or something...

  48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LucyOso For This Useful Post:


  49. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    992
    Quote Originally Posted by PlainJaneDoe View Post
    [/B]

    BBM, respectfully and with no snark or other rudeness intended, I sincerely hope not. IMOO in the US abortion is safe and legal. I am not putting down people who might feel like they don't have access to this for whatever reason, like they don't really have freedom of choice because of financial or other constraints.
    Abortion is safe and legal. I do know that sometimes there can be complications, especially with the RU486 aka the abortion pill. It is good that is legal, because it prevents people from going underground/back alley. But, with any procedure or medication, there is a risk. It was just a thought, how something could spiral out of control. Sorry to offend any one...Not my intent.
    Last edited by LucyOso; 04-02-2012 at 06:54 PM.

  50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LucyOso For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 975
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 11:00 PM
  2. AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #4
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Israel Keyes
    Replies: 703
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 09:30 PM
  3. AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #3
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Israel Keyes
    Replies: 607
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 04:32 AM
  4. AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #2
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Israel Keyes
    Replies: 593
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 10:42 PM
  5. Replies: 657
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 03:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •