Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    Nothing to be sorry about! It's interesting that a simple article linked the two crimes for us at WS. May have gone unnoticed. I do believe your sleuthing of Keyes was the earliest link as far as placing him in the area of the Curriers.

It really makes me wonder what his motivation was in both crimes?

Just so senseless.
    Thrill? Control? Power? Or money? It seems like he finds the value of a human life worth less than the amount he can get in a petty robbery. IMOO

Also...as he did travel the country quite a bit..are there any other cases like this where people vanish/forced to take out money from atm/etc...I was thinking about 2 cases where younger woman had minor car accidents and vanished in the north eastern states...I can't recall the cases...
    Last edited by LucyOso; 07-20-2012 at 11:54 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LucyOso For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    We just really really don't have any clue who we see and interact with on a daily basis.. neighbors who seem to be so normal. So unassuming. .and my God even doing a background check would only show a dui ..i know plenty of people who made stupid choices and got a dui earlier in life but are truly the most upstanding citizens imaginable and ashamed of having a dui on their record..

My point is Keyes was so unassuming.. a good neighbor and no one had any clue of the monster he truly was.. its terrifying.
    No Kidding!!! One very scary dude.

U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Burgess set March 11, 2013 as Keyes’ trial date on charges of kidnapping resulting in death, receipt and possession of ransom money, and access device fraud. Keyes has pleaded not guilty on all counts.
    Reminder of the trial date ...
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    No Kidding!!! One very scary dude.

Reminder of the trial date ...
    Any chance he was using or was in possession of a credit card/atm card of the Curriers? Or applied for one in their names based on stolen information from the home invasion? Is that why this confession showed up in this case? Or was it announced whose card he was using duering Sam's missing person search?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LucyOso For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    We just really really don't have any clue who we see and interact with on a daily basis.. neighbors who seem to be so normal. So unassuming. .and my God even doing a background check would only show a dui ..i know plenty of people who made stupid choices and got a dui earlier in life but are truly the most upstanding citizens imaginable and ashamed of having a dui on their record..

My point is Keyes was so unassuming.. a good neighbor and no one had any clue of the monster he truly was.. its terrifying.

So true! Not to get off topic, but years ago I was on a bowling team. There was a non-assuming type of guy on another team from a eastern bloc (at that time) country. A couple of years after I left the league, there was a woman murdered and dismembered, and found in bags in the river. Turns out the non-assuming guy from the league was the culprit. So to quote Rosanna Danna, "just goes to show you, you never know."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RT51 For This Useful Post:

According to Donovan’s motion filed Thursday, the targets of the 16 search warrants filed spanned an array of subjects including the Curriers’ home and car, and email accounts belonging to Bill Currier.

The most recent search warrant, filed with the court Dec. 27, 2011, was for a “controlled phone call,” six months after the couple’s disappearance.
    http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...yssey=nav|head
    I'm not sure if there is any significance but maybe worth noting. Whatever this "controlled phone call" is, it took place in December six months after Bill & Lorraine disappeared. Sam was abducted February 1.

Anyone have thoughts on what exactly a "controlled phone call" is?

LucyOso, in all the reading I did yesterday, I found a story in which LE stated there was no activity on the Currier's bank accounts. Lorraine's wallet was taken, Bill's was found in the home. The warrants in the Currier case were unsealed, they should be published next week. Looking forward to reading them, as I think they may shed some light on Keye's motivations and on Sam's case as well.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    I'm not sure if there is any significance but maybe worth noting. Whatever this "controlled phone call" is, it took place in December six months after Bill & Lorraine disappeared. Sam was abducted February 1.

Anyone have thoughts on what exactly a "controlled phone call" is?

LucyOso, in all the reading I did yesterday, I found a story in which LE stated there was no activity on the Currier's bank accounts. Lorraine's wallet was taken, Bill's was found in the home. The warrants in the Currier case were unsealed, they should be published next week. Looking forward to reading them, as I think they may shed some light on Keye's motivations and on Sam's case as well.
    Recorded phone call where LE gets someone to try to get incriminating statements.
    Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.--Mark Twain

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagnoliaMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MagnoliaMom View Post
    Recorded phone call where LE gets someone to try to get incriminating statements.
    So was Keyes a contractor or placed a bid to do construction work on the house that was demolished (that was later searched) and someone, like the homeowner, in Vermont, wondered about him?

Keyes link to Celina Cass murder?

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...WS03/707299981

15. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

http://www.wcax.com/story/19150460/h...-to-our-region

How murder suspect Israel Keyes is linked to our region

By Jennifer Reading

CONSTABLE, N.Y. -
    Neighbors say no one has lived in the cabin at 511 Poplar Street in Constable, N.Y., for years.

"The Amish lived in there a few years ago and they didn't stay very long. It's very run down," said Megan Clookey, a neighbor.

"They had, I think, two kids and they were the only ones. I didn't know of anybody else who lived there," neighbor Willard Patnode said.

Nor have they met the man who owns the property.

"It's kind of weird because there are not too many people who are on this road and we usually know everybody," Clookey said...

more at link.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to saba For This Useful Post:

Someone made a Facebook page for him with timelines.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Have-...99521663428225

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sfbaynancydrew For This Useful Post:

Wow, good find thanks!!!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I wish someone would do that with the guy arrested in Mickey's case.
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    If they are even looking at him for Celina's murder, that must mean that they do not have evidence against any one person and just have been waiting to make an arrest...very disturbing.
    Just my opinion, of course.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Israel Keyes, AKA Reyes

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    OMG!

I have found the obituaries for a number of Israel Keyes out of the Mid West, Pacific North West, and on the East coast...I think you will find if you run any active search, on any given name, chances are you will find more then a few, all with different DOB, as well as separate SSN's.

- Doc

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc WhiteRaven For This Useful Post:

Koenig Case: Defense Says Keyes Subject of Other Investigations

(Snipped)

Keyes' lawyers said that because "Mr. Keyes is being investigated on other matters," they must be fully informed about other criminal investigations and allegations in order to know which statements may need to be suppressed, and to adequately advise their client.

WCAX, a Vermont TV station, said a source tells the station that Keyes is the prime suspect in the murders of Bill and Lorraine Currier, who disappeared from their Vermont home in June of 2011.

Their remains have not been found and Keyes has not been charged in the case.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/koenig-case...,1151050.story

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Joe Friday For This Useful Post:

Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast