1006 users online (239 members and 767 guests)  

Websleuths News

AL - Haylee Burks, 8, killed by drunk driver, Northport, 31 March 2012

From the article: "The 28-year-old mother, her 7-year-old daughter and 2-year-old daughter were walking on the shoulder of Fifth Street in Northport near Kentuck Park after the air show at 4:26 p.m. Saturday when Smith, driving a black 2008 GMC Sierra pickup, apparently struck all three of them."

We were at the air show Sunday, and went Friday to watch the Blue Angels practice. This man owns Dixie Air, which is on airport property and supposedly had a private function going on during the air show viewing. Such a beautiful weekend, and a privilege to have this wonderful event come to our city each year. My children adore touring all the planes and helicopters, meeting pilots, and watching the shows. A family friendly weekend ending in tragedy. So sad.

East Tennessee

Odd, because doctors usually have no problem with suspending or revoking a person's drivers license due to a medical problem. But his BAC was 0.13 after he killed Haylee in 2012. Hopefully, the estate will settle with the parents.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.