Picketing in front of baby Lisa's house

norest4thewicked

True Crime Writer
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Since this subject is getting so O/T in other threads, I thought I'd make a new thread here. Perhaps Mods will bring over the discussion. :)

I personally think that the picketers had a right to picket as long as they didn't trespass and as long as they remained civil. They were expressing their beliefs that the parents should talk to LE.

Since this subject is getting so O/T in other threads, I thought I'd make a new thread here...

I personally think that the picketers had a right to picket as long as they didn't trespass and as long as they remained civil. They were expressing their beliefs that the parents should talk to LE.

1st bold: thank you. i was thinking of doing the same thing...
2nd bold: which they did; no evidence exists to the contrary
3rd bold: which was legal/protected by the First Amendment

ron's blog re: the protest: http://kansascitypi.blogspot.ca/2012/04/april-fools-day-on-north-lister.html

While I support citizens' right to demonstrate peacefully I don't think it's helpful here.

Supposing the parents did something, has anybody ever confessed because someone was holding a sign in front of their house?

While I support citizens' right to demonstrate peacefully I don't think it's helpful here.

Supposing the parents did something, has anybody ever confessed because someone was holding a sign in front of their house?

Exactly, which is why I asked in the other thread, what is the point of the protest? Who are they trying to bring awareness too, the parents or the public.

If it's the parents, I don't think 6 people showing up on their lawn holding signs are going to make them have a change of heart.

While I appreciate their First Amendment right to protest, I object to it being held in front of the Bradwin's home. I don't think these protestors have any compassion for the two little boys inside that home. They have been through enough, and not by their own making. Also, someone upthread, mentioned about perhaps neighbors having a birthday party or cook-out. Hasn't this neighborhood been through enough also?

As for the Bradwin's taking the boys out of the house while the protestors are there, they would still see the signs and hear the chants. It breaks my heart for them.

These protestors should move to a park and do whatever it is they think they are doing. Personally, I don't think their hearts are in the right place.

Since this subject is getting so O/T in other threads, I thought I'd make a new thread here. Perhaps Mods will bring over the discussion. :)

Thank You for this update ...

BBM: I totally agree ... I would NOT want to live in a country where its citizens are NOT allowed the freedom of speech !

And I totally agree -- the parents should talk to LE -- separately ! And that is SOP !

JMO and MOO :moo:

As I said in the other thread, I don't think that this protest was helpful to baby Lisa's case. BUT, I do believe that the protesters had the right to do it. I also feel that the parents should have (and maybe did) take their boys somewhere else if they knew ahead of time that people were going to protest their house. I understand the thinking that the parents shouldn't HAVE to leave their home, however, it is what I would do in this case. My children would be of utmost importance to me and while taking the children elsewhere would be an inconvenience, I would do it for their sake. I do not condone wackos parading into yards of neighbors or Lisa's home, but as I said, if they remained calm and civil, I don't feel there is anything wrong with it. I suspect that it was done out of frustration rather than anything else.

Playing devil's advocate here:

To grab another current event out of the headlines: Will the police bow to the pressure to arrest George Zimmerman because of all the protests happening right now?

As I said in the other thread, I don't think that this protest was helpful to baby Lisa's case. BUT, I do believe that the protesters had the right to do it. I also feel that the parents should have (and maybe did) take their boys somewhere else if they knew ahead of time that people were going to protest their house. I understand the thinking that the parents shouldn't HAVE to leave their home, however, it is what I would do in this case. My children would be of utmost importance to me and while taking the children elsewhere would be an inconvenience, I would do it for their sake. I do not condone wackos parading into yards of neighbors or Lisa's home, but as I said, if they remained calm and civil, I don't feel there is anything wrong with it. I suspect that it was done out of frustration rather than anything else.

I agree the parents should have taken them out of the house. But what if one/both of the boys had a school project they were building, or one/both of them were sick. This is terrible what those boys are subjected to.

While I appreciate their First Amendment right to protest, I object to it being held in front of the Bradwin's home. I don't think these protestors have any compassion for the two little boys inside that home. They have been through enough, and not by their own making. Also, someone upthread, mentioned about perhaps neighbors having a birthday party or cook-out. Hasn't this neighborhood been through enough also?

As for the Bradwin's taking the boys out of the house while the protestors are there, they would still see the signs and hear the chants. It breaks my heart for them.

These protestors should move to a park and do whatever it is they think they are doing. Personally, I don't think their hearts are in the right place.

:seeya:

BBM: :innocent: Not to be off-topic here, just trying to use an example ... but this "protest" did not get anywhere near as "out of control" as the protests on Hope Spring Drive against the Anthony's ...

You do make some good points about the "protesting" with the 2 young boys living there ...

BUT ... keep in mind the protesters are not the only ones who may NOT have considered WHAT is in the best interest of the boys :

Remember : Deborah and Jeremy, with the "blessing" of their Defense Team -- took the 2 boys out "Trick or Treating" with TV cameras following them around ...

Now ... would you take your children out "trick or treating" with TV Cameras IF one of your children had just been "kidnapped" ? :notgood::notgood:

JMO ... but I think Deborah and Jeremy are "fair game" ...

:moo::moo::moo:

:seeya:

BBM: :innocent: Not to be off-topic here, just trying to use an example ... but this "protest" did not get anywhere near as "out of control" as the protests on Hope Spring Drive against the Anthony's ...

You do make some good points about the "protesting" with the 2 young boys living there ...

BUT ... keep in mind the protesters are not the only ones who may NOT have considered WHAT is in the best interest of the boys :

Remember : Deborah and Jeremy, with the "blessing" of their Defense Team -- took the 2 boys out "Trick or Treating" with TV cameras following them around ...

Now ... would you take your children out "trick or treating" with TV Cameras IF one of your children had just been "kidnapped" ? :notgood::notgood:

BBMAbsolutely not. They obviously do not care about exploiting their own children. Wonder how much $ they got for that?

JMO ... but I think Deborah and Jeremy are "fair game" ... :moo::moo::moo:

BBMDon't even get me started, yes I think they are "fair game". Just for the VERY FACT ALONE, that they will not sit down separately with LE.

BBMDon't even get me started, yes I think they are "fair game". Just for the VERY FACT ALONE, that they will not sit down separately with LE.

BBM: lol ... :truce: lol ...

:woohoo:

i would imagine the fact that their baby sister is all of a sudden gone would be what is traumatizing to the boys... a few people standing out front? not so much. maybe i'm wrong?... like i said in the other thread it would be interesting to see what a child psychologist would say about all this... i also thought it would be nice to send the boys a gift card for some new toys in an attempt to help even in a small way to alleviate their pain/grief, but i wouldn't even know where to start to try to arrange that ...

i would imagine the fact that their baby sister is all of a sudden gone would be what is traumatizing to the boys... a few people standing out front? not so much. maybe i'm wrong?... like i said in the other thread it would be interesting to see what a child psychologist would say about all this... i also thought it would be nice to send the boys a gift card for some new toys in an attempt to help even in a small way to alleviate their pain/grief, but i wouldn't even know where to start to try to arrange that ...

Only a thought. You could try emailing the attorney in KS or even the previous one Short. She did strike me as well intentioned.

::checking the rules on reporting about social media sites::

okay... think we're good...

i found a site earlier where several picketers were talking about their experiences yesterday... one said that is was the matterns (website owners) who were taking pics of the cars/license plates... now, WHY would a website owner do this? why are these people involved so much?

another comment was that bradley and/or irwin family members (no specific names were given) gave the group "the finger"... how classy!! these people were out there to try to get justice for lisa, so imo, the family should've at least been civil...

::checking the rules on reporting about social media sites::

okay... think we're good...

i found a site earlier where several picketers were talking about their experiences yesterday... one said that is was the matterns (website owners) who were taking pics of the cars/license plates... now, WHY would a website owner do this? why are these people involved so much?

another comment was that bradley and/or irwin family members (no specific names were given) gave the group "the finger"... how classy!! these people were out there to try to get justice for lisa, so imo, the family should've at least been civil...

Well, I'm not going to take an unsubstantiated rumor off of FB as fact that something happened so I'll just leave that as it is. Keep in mind the people that were there do not like DB and probably have no problem spreading false things to make her look even worse.

I don't think the protest was for 'justice'. I think it was to show up and yell at the house for a bit. It certainly wasn't for the public's sake, considering it barely was covered by the news. Not only that, but how many people can take a 'protest' seriously when it's only 6-7 people.

Gross. While it may certainly be their right to protest, I find it distasteful, lacking in compassion, and clearly not for the benefit of Lisa.

Ok, I haven't been posting much, but still read frequently, so forgive me for being behind.
What exactly are the picketers protesting about? I think I can guess, but just want to be sure. I have never understood people picketing things they have no control over and can't change anyway. I have better things to do with my time than to join a mob and walk around chanting stupid things or holding posters. What's the point? All it does is anger people who don't agree with them.
Does anyone honestly believe this would have a positive effect on Deborah or Jeremy? Seriously? It's going to do the opposite. So what are they accomplishing, other than making themselves look like idiots?
NOTHING. ZIP. ZERO. NADA.
I just hope it doesn't get out of control like it did at the Anthonys'. THAT did a lot of good, didn't it?!

Wow! People are STILL making this all about DB and JI. This is ABOUT LISA people! If 6 people or 600 people want to picket for their belief that DB and JI should be talking to LE, it is their right! I have read everything I could on this case and I can tell you that it is like 600 people to 60 people who believe that they should be talking to police. The vast majority of people believe this! I can't fathom why some feel that they should NOT be talking to police. How does this help bring home Lisa? How does not talking to LE help bring baby Lisa home?

Just because someone has the right to do it doesn't mean they should do it.

Lister is/was a quiet street; why should the neighbors be subjected to someone from Cali who gets a tickle up their back and requests donations to fly to KCMO to stand in front of their house, on their street? A poll of the neighbors would tell you it was a nuisance. As for the media, even they weren't too interested in this moment of 'protest'. It was a moment that did not get the anticipated reaction from the media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back