Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
    Something now about people being shot in/around a street, median, divide; all dead there. Two shooting areas? Two shooters?

Suspect arrested in a Ross clothing store parking lot, in Alameda. Can a local give info as to how far away this is?

Best-
    Herding Cats
    About 15 minutes if the traffic isn't too bad.

Link to map
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

thanks, ynot. And appreciate the title change, too.

15 minutes by car? Foot?

As usual, all the details are a bit vague and discrepancies are being reported. Still not sure where the first shooting took place, if there was a second location (e.g. the median shooting), how many people have lost their lives, and if the shooter began or ended in the classroom (some reports have him shooting outside, then inside; and vice versa).

God bless those individuals who've lost their lives today; in a most horrific, and sad, manner. And God bless all those who tended to the wounded, and who responded - LE, EMT, and all the other folks involved.

My suspicion is that we are going to find out about an unemployed man who had returned to school, was not making it, and has a history of violent outbreaks in his past. Nursing school is brutally difficult, and I know of one of my fellow students who was released from the program for mental instability; we saw her hanging out at the parking lot, and we always worried that she'd have a gun. I am NOT excusing the gunman, just sharing my experience in both nursing school and with a student we were scared of.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herding Cats For This Useful Post:

15 minutes by car? Foot?

As usual, all the details are a bit vague and discrepancies are being reported. Still not sure where the first shooting took place, if there was a second location (e.g. the median shooting), how many people have lost their lives, and if the shooter began or ended in the classroom (some reports have him shooting outside, then inside; and vice versa).

God bless those individuals who've lost their lives today; in a most horrific, and sad, manner. And God bless all those who tended to the wounded, and who responded - LE, EMT, and all the other folks involved.

My suspicion is that we are going to find out about an unemployed man who had returned to school, was not making it, and has a history of violent outbreaks in his past. Nursing school is brutally difficult, and I know of one of my fellow students who was released from the program for mental instability; we saw her hanging out at the parking lot, and we always worried that she'd have a gun. I am NOT excusing the gunman, just sharing my experience in both nursing school and with a student we were scared of.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    I would not be surprised by it one bit.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
    About 15 minutes if the traffic isn't too bad.

Link to map
    Ynot, thanks for that. It would have to have been driving...no way he could've gotten that far without a car. Not a straight line by any stretch, you know?

I'm wondering now if the median shooting wasn't because he jacked a car to get away.

That will be interesting to follow.

Brutal, brutal man.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    15 minutes by car. Alameda's an island; he could also have gone south and come in over the Otis St. bridge but an easier/more direct route would be to go up the frontage road that tracks the highway, then cut over using the High St. tunnel (this is the path that's highlighted on that Google map).

I'm not seeing for sure that he was apprehended at Ross--anyone find a link yet?
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

No, I don't have a link...I heard it on FOX and also while flipping channels (not Fox, but another cable station. Sorry, I can't recall which one). And to be clear, some reports have said that the median shooting report was actually at the school - that it may be there isn't a second location, but that there may have been some confusion as to where the bodies were laying.

Dunno. I am sure the presser later will clear things up (but I won't be able to watch it; and am not sure it's even announced yet).

Best-
    Herding Cats

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Herding Cats For This Useful Post:

Suspect in Oakland religious school shooting detained miles away
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...iles-away.html

Alameda, South Shore Center
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

15 minutes by car? Foot?

Best-
    Herding Cats
    You amaze me. You have to read this one.

6 dead, 3 wounded in shooting at Christian college in Oakland
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...religious.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

This article says seven dead? Three injured. This is just awful. Guns are flying off the shelves though. If you scroll down you can view a really graphic video. Students being pulled from the building.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...145802505.html
    Last edited by legalmania; 04-02-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

16. The Following User Says Thank You to legalmania For This Useful Post:

Seven people died and three others were wounded in a shooting at a small California religious college Monday, Oakland police said.

An Asian male in his 40s was detained as a suspect, but he has not yet been charged in the shooting, according to police spokeswoman Johnna Watson said.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/02/us...rnia-shooting/

Chaos at Oakland religious school as gunman opened fire is recalled
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...hooting-1.html

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

A former nursing student who opened fire in a small Christian university Monday morning, killing seven and wounding three more, first told his former classmates to line up against a wall before pulling a handgun and sending students fleeing in panic, a witness said.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stori...g-east-oakland

Police Chief: Disgruntled student planned school massacre

7:37 a.m. Tuesday, April 3, 2012

KTVU And Wires

OAKLAND, Calif. —

A disgruntled ex-student strolled the halls of a small private university – “systematically and randomly shooting victims” -- in a “premeditated” killing spree fueled by anger over his expulsion from the school and the way he was treated by fellow students, the Oakland police chief said Tuesday.

One L. Goh, 43, was in custody Tuesday morning in the wake of a shooting at Oikos University, a small Christian university located near Oakland International Airport, that had left seven people dead and three wounded.

In a pre-dawn press conference, police chief Howard Jordan said Goh was upset with administers at the school and the way some students treated him. At least one witness told KTVU on Monday that Goh had been bullied by students.

more...

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:

Oikos officials remember victims of mass shooting
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-...hooting/nMWcW/

Killed were Lydia Sim, 21, Sonam Choedon, 33, Grace Kim, 23, Doris Chibuko, 40, Judith Seymour, 53, Tshering Bhutia, 38, and Katleen Ping, 24. Three other students were wounded in the shooting.

Very tragic.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast