GUILTY AL - Carrie 'Elaine' Gentry, 64, Shelby County, 28 Mar 2012

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
A Shelby County woman has been missing since Wednesday night. Carrie Elaine Gentry, who goes by Elaine, was last seen at approximately 7 p.m. March 28, according to the Shelby County Sheriff's Office.

Gentry is a 64-year-old white female, approximately 5'8"and 185 pounds. She has brown hair and green eyes. Her last known address is in Chelsea. The sheriff's office says she may be driving a silver 2002 Lexus RX300 with a Shelby County license plate.

"Gentry has no known medical issues that would explain her disappearance, and her friends and family state this is very uncharacteristic," the Shelby County Sheriff's Office said in a press release issued Monday, April 2. The sheriff's office received the missing person report for Gentry on Thursday, March 29.

Sheriff's office deputies and FBI agents have been searching the area where Gentry was last known to be. The Alabama Department of Public Safety has also assisted in the search by providing aerial aupport. The City of Calera dive team members have also looking in a nearby pond and stream for Gentry.

Gentry runs a ministry based in Chelsea called Tender Mercies Ministry.

A press conference about the search for Elaine Gentry has been set for 3 p.m. April 2.

Snipped: http://www.myfoxal.com/story/17311203/chelsea-woman-reported-missing-since-wednesday (Photo at link)

Although Gentry’s cell phone is no longer in service, as the battery may be dead, Curry said, investigators were able to determine the phone was located in the eastern portion of the county. Curry described a 25 to 30 mile area that encircled Interstate 65 to the Interstate 20 corridor through Vandiver and Vincent and around to Chelsea.

Snipped: http://www.shelbycountyreporter.com...ublic’s-assistance-in-locating-missing-woman/

Also, from that link, the Sheriffs office is practically begging people for information, and the FBI is also involved. So, if we have any locals that would be willing to help out (it sounds like what the sheriffs dept. wants most right now is people to drive around and look for her car) that would be great!!

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/04/press_conference_set_to_discus.html

Published: Monday, April 02, 2012, 1:49 PM
Updated: Monday, April 02, 2012, 1:51 PM
By Veronica Kennedy -- The Birmingham News

CHELSEA, Alabama -- The Shelby County Sheriff's Office has called a press conference for 3 p.m. today at Chelsea City Hall to discuss the case of a Chelsea woman who has been missing since Wednesday.

10788290-small.jpg

I live near this area so I will definitely be on the lookout for her car. Unfortunately, I work during the day so I'm not able to help out with searches unless they are on the weekend. I hope she's found safe and soon!

A couple of questions I have:

1. Is she married? From the articles I've read, it sounds like she wasn't but I want to make sure.

2. What did she say during the last conversation with her son?

I hope they are going over her financials with a fine tooth comb.

Area from her cell info:

17311203_BG2.jpg

Friends started worrying after she didn't show up for a class she was teaching Thursday morning. Gentry, a minister with Tender Mercies Ministries was also planning a retreat for last weekend. "She would not leave with a retreat planned."

Sheriff's deputies along with the FBI have done extensive searches. Sheriff Chris Curry says there was nothing unusual at her home, but her car is also missing and there has been no activity in her bank account. Curry says they're not ruling anything out. "We are all familiar with times a vehicle has left the road and not able to be seen from normal traffic passing by. We may have that situation. You have to take in account foul play."

Snipped: http://www.abc3340.com/story/17316753/search-for-missing-chelsea-woman

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/04/reward_increased_in_case_of_mi.html

Published: Monday, April 09, 2012, 4:45 PM
Updated: Monday, April 09, 2012, 4:48 PM
By Jeremy Gray -- The Birmingham News

CHELSEA, Alabama -- The Shelby County Sheriff's Office today announced that a reward for information that can help authorities find Carrie Elaine Gentry, a 64-year-old Chelsea woman missing since March 28, has increased to $10,000.

I live in a neighboring county, yet there has been nothing in our local news about this case. I will be driving through the area this weekend, and I will keep my eyes peeled.

This doesn't appear to be a good development.

via @myfoxal
#breakingnews: Law enforcement have found Elaine Gentry's missing SUV 40 ft under water in a Leeds rock quarry

via @myfoxal
Shelby Sheriff Curry says considering the location of Gentry's SUV, foul play is very likely

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back