Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyGatto View Post
    Well if you're right about him having the meeting, then he is lying. Also Serino now says he didn't want to press charges (as reported by Ron Allen/MSNBC). Either everybody is falling in line or The Grio really messed-up.
    WOW Really a media source giving out false info!!!!JMO But 99% in the media has been false.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikeysmommom For This Useful Post:

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Quote Originally Posted by w1df10wr View Post
    UDM - not sure why he did, here was his official statement...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1374206.html -
    ~“In the interest of the public safety of the citizens of Seminole County and to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest, I would respectfully request the executive assignment of another state attorney for the investigation and any prosecution arising from the circumstances surrounding the death of Trayvon B. Martin,” Wolfinger said in a statement released about 9:15 p.m.~
    Thank you for this!

His (Wolfinger's) own words - "to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest".

Huh? Now that you found that I do remember when I heard him say that I thought - WTH?

What conflict of interest? Does Wolfinger know GZ's family? I just don't get the "conflict of interest" part. He is a DA - he charges people with crimes all day every day - so what "conflict of interest" would be there for him to step down in this case?

JMHO - but that is a very odd and yet, very telling statement - iffen ya ask me.
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 04-02-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: fixed "ood" to odd

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Do you?
    No. That's why I didn't make the statement. You, however, did.

If Wolfinger and the Zimmerman family were going to do some super secret illegal negotiations, why the heck would they all go to the police station?

And doesn't Zimmerman senior live in another city?
    ďEvery day that they donít find something is good for me.ď Billie Dunn

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by m00c0w View Post
    And it has to be malicious, repeated, and willful, per the stalking statute...
    Respectfully, this is irrelevant. The question is not could GZ have been charged for stalking, but rather did TM have reason to be afraid.

The answer, sadly, is yes. He was being hunted. Treyvon had every reason to be afraid of this "strange" dude following him around in the rain, and he expressed that fear to his girlfriend so clearly that she advised him to RUN. Which he did, he ran from the fight, but his hunter chased him down.

Ultimately his hunter killed him. This one didn't get away. Zimmerman made sure of it.

In my opinion.
    DISCLAIMER: The above is my OPINION only. Unless stated otherwise, I neither claim nor imply any inside knowledge or expert opinion about any subject I happen to be discussing. The reader assumes full responsibility for any conclusions my writing might cause them to reach. Warning: may cause drowsiness, do not operate heavy machinery while reading

9. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Chris_Texas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Wolfinger removed himself - IIRC. He wasn't asked to be removed. I don't have a link - sorry. But I do remember it was the same day that Chief Lee stepped down temporarily.

So, why would Wolfinger recuse himself then?

JMHO
    I don't know but let me guess...."Wolfie, we need you to step down cause we don't want those dadgummit Feds comin down here snoopin around." jmo

11. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Well if you're right about him having the meeting, then he is lying. Also Serino now says he didn't want to press charges (as reported by Ron Allen/MSNBC). Either everybody is falling in line or The Grio really messed-up.
    What about the affidavit that Crump says Serino filed? Wouldn't that prove Serino did want to arrest GZ?
    In the letter, Crump also says that Serino filed an affidavit stating that he did not find Zimmerman's statements credible in light of the circumstances and facts surrounding the shooting.
    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Sta...t/-/index.html

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    LC I am jumping off our post, not replying to it.
    IMHO talk about Mr. Martins account of his sonís last walk was given to him by police.
    SO...all of you are having a crazy conversation IMHO.
    It is hard enough for Mr. Martin to go there.
    He may have memorized it all word for word as the account was given,
    he may have also forgotten somethingís and is translating it based on how he is putting the piece together.
    HOW DOES IT MATTER WHAT HE SAYS about TMís last walk?
    He is hurt, and his account is not the account that will be heard at a trial.

WHY are we dissecting his account of it all? At the worst he can be a touch off.
    Can someone explain WHY - is there any merit to it. Maybe I am missing something.
    Because it is information that relates directly to the case and the non-follow up.
    DISCLAIMER: The above is my OPINION only. Unless stated otherwise, I neither claim nor imply any inside knowledge or expert opinion about any subject I happen to be discussing. The reader assumes full responsibility for any conclusions my writing might cause them to reach. Warning: may cause drowsiness, do not operate heavy machinery while reading

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_Texas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    I don't know but let me guess...."Wolfie, we need you to step down cause we don't want those dadgummit Feds comin down here snoopin around." jmo
    Except they were already involved when he stepped down.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m00c0w For This Useful Post:

No. That's why I didn't make the statement. You, however, did.
    Sorry, you lost me.

No, I don't know where Crump got that info because all he did was call it a 'source close to the investigation.'
    ďEvery day that they donít find something is good for me.ď Billie Dunn

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Thank you for this!

His (Wolfinger's) own words - "to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest".

Huh? Now that you found that I do remember when I heard him say that I thought - WTH?

What conflict of interest? Does Wolfinger know GZ's family? I just don't get the "conflict of interest" part. He is a DA - he charges people with crimes all day every day - so what "conflict of interest" would be there for him to step down in this case?

JMHO - but that is a very odd and yet, very telling statement - iffen ya ask me.
    I know my first thought when I read that was that he knew GZ's family somehow. I still think that's what it is.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

21. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

Digging into our man Wolfinger...

Prosecutor Tougher If Victim's White

A 'Sentinel' Study Finds State Attorney Norm Wolfinger Seeks The Death Penalty Less Often When Victims Are Minorities.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...y-sought-death
    Wow...just wow.

23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

George Zimmerman Video Shows Little Evidence of a Broken Nose, Doctor Claims

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-mar...2#.T3o7C6sV2Hc

But Dr. Vidor Friedman, president of the Florida College of Emergency Physicians, remains unconvinced.

"If somebody had been beating his head against concrete I'd think we'd see more obvious scrapes," Friedman said. He also said he would expect to see bandages on Zimmerman's head.

More significantly for Friedman was the condition of Zimmerman's nose.

"All of the ridges in his nose are clearly defined. You would expect significant swelling in the hour or two after a break. There appears to be none. It doesn't look like his nose was broken or badly broken," Friedman said.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

Quote Originally Posted by m00c0w View Post
    Except they were already involved when he stepped down.
    But now they are talking to people. And they'll talk to everyone. jmo

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    JMO

But when Judges and attorneys recuse themselves from cases for "conflict of interest" it is usually that they personally know either the defendant or victim or their family; or they have a special interest (meaning they might have a financial stake in the business - if a business is involved; or they were a witness to the crime; or they live in the area the crime was committed - something usually personal between them and the case.

So, with that, again I ask - why would Wolfinger say "to avoid a conflict of interest" in this case?

Another old adage comes to mind - "the fish stinks from the head down" - but that is JMHO and only MHO.

This smells.

28. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast