Identified! VA - Stafford Co, WhtMale 15-18, UP2229, peg-shaped lateral incisor, Sep'90 - Timothy Alan Mangum

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs UP # 2229 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2229

2910394260045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Unidentified White Male

Found on September 28, 1990 on Joshua Rd., Stafford County, Virginia

Weight: Cannot Estimate
Height: Cannot Estimate

Body Condition: Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues
Probable year of death: 1986 to 1989
Estimated postmortem interval: 2 Years

Circumstances of death
Skull found in farmer's field. Estimated interval since death is 1-3 years.

Skeletal findings: basilar synchondrosis and vault sutures are open. Peg shaped left lateral incisor; Cqn be identified by frontal skull firm for sinus comparison, dental records for restorations

Dental Comments: Peg shaped left lateral incisor. Radiographs show unerupted 3rd molars with 25% to 33% root formation. #9 unusual socket space #10 lingual version; Photos of dentition and restorations are uploaded under Documents section.

DNA Complete and entered (mtDNA and nucDNA); full mtDNA profile at national CODIS; 8 nuclear LOW COPY STRs at UNT for comparisons.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/townn...cle_6c74fc9b-ec5c-542f-b15c-5923914563d5.html

On Sept. 28, 1990, a farmer bush-hogging a field found a skull along Joshua Road, about 100 feet from the Mountain View Road intersection.

The skull belonged to a boy estimated to have been 15 to 18 years old and white. He died between 1986 and 1989.

One notable characteristic was a front tooth that appears to have a hook-shaped chip missing.

DNA was collected from the skull. The boy’s remains have been excluded from 195 missing person cases.

Timothy Guy is not one of those 195 exclusions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Guy has neither DNA nor dental information entered according to his NAMUS link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Doe Network: International Center for Unidentified & Missing Persons
Case File: 2467UMVA

The Doe Network
2467UMVA.jpg
2467UMVA1.jpg
2467UMVA2.jpg
2467UMVA3.jpg
2467UMVA4.jpg

Facial reconstructions and approximations of the victim (mouse over image to enlarge)

Unidentified Male
  • Date of Discovery: September 28, 1990
  • Location of Discovery: Stafford County, Virginia
  • Estimated Date of Death: 1 to 3 years prior
  • State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues
  • Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

• Estimated Age: 15-18 years old
  • Race: White
  • Height: Unknown
  • Weight: Unknown
  • Hair Color: Unknown
  • Eye Color: Unknown

• Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

• Dentals: Available. Several dental fillings in upper teeth. Upper left lateral incisor is a peg-shaped tooth that might have been noticeable to others. Lower jaw was not recovered.
  • Fingerprints: Not available.
  • DNA: Available.
Clothing & Personal Items
  • Clothing: None.

• Jewelry: Unknown

• Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History
The victim's skull was found in a field along Joshua Road in Stafford County, Virginia. The rest of his body and lower jaw have never been recovered.

Investigating Agency(s)
If you have any information about this case please contact;

• Agency Name: Stafford County Sheriff’s Office
  • Agency Contact Person: N/A
  • Agency Phone Number: 540-658-4450

• Agency Name: Central District Medical Examiner's Office
  • Agency Contact Person: Kevin Whaley
  • Agency Phone Number: 804-786-3174

• Agency Case Number: ME: C1990-16318; NCMEC: 1184375
  • NCIC Case Number: U470197560
  • NamUs Case Number: UP #2229
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source(s)

Looking into the dental information, I saw one flaw; a cavity

Stafford-Dental-Records.jpg

Using his skull, I looked at his dental health. It was okay, but I suspect he may have stopped caring for them at one point.

Also, the fact that the molars that are usually out by 21 aren't present, but appear as they were present changes the age range. He'd at least be 21 if this is correct.

Also, the fact that the molars that are usually out by 21 aren't present, but appear as they were present changes the age range. He'd at least be 21 if this is correct.
Are you talking about Wisdom Teeth? I don't think that's a technical name. If he had them removed it would mean he had dental care at some point. If they get impacted could they show something similar?

Based on the fact the teeth appeared to have been missing for some time, I suspect that he is 15 - 21+

Was it filled or left untreated?

Untreated. I suspect the male hadn’t seen a dentist for a while. The materials looked somewhat old. If he had cavities, it’s odd.

As an amateur dentist, with help of a persons with a dental degree, the age is greater than or equal to 21.

Good heavens! The maxilla tells me a different story about his race. His Maxilla (mouth roof) is nothing like a Caucasian person’s. However, the maxilla is most similar to a black person.

JMO.

As an amateur dentist, with help of a persons with a dental degree, the age is greater than or equal to 21.
Some people get them in as early as 17. Is there a difference in having impacted wisdom teeth removed, than ones that came in.

Good heavens! The maxilla tells me a different story about his race. His Maxilla (mouth roof) is nothing like a Caucasian person’s. However, the maxilla is most similar to a black person.

JMO.
Biracial?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46