17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Remember the rules: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159[/ame]

Remember the "ignore" feature on your profile page.

Please stick with the facts as reported by LE or MSM, and link them. Link them often if necessary.

Please clearly state when it is your opinion. If you are making an inference please clearly outline and link the facts and evidence that have led you to form that inference. Wild speculation about any case player has no place here.

Please PM a mod with any questions or concerns and alert any TOS violations or offensive posts.

And finally, PLEASE address one another respectfully.

We will no longer allow discussion of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, or the Black Panther protest(s). There are way too many <modsnips> and timeouts to continue this discussion. We will allow MSM links to such protests, but no discussion.

We need to stick to the facts of this case and that's our discussion here. Please, we ask that you do what you do best - SLEUTH THE CASE.

Blogs and Twitter links and discussion of them are allowed only if it's an approved WS link or a link from main stream media (MSM).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166793"]Thread #5[/ame]
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167219"]Thread #9[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167312"]Thread #10[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167357"]Thread #11[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167420"]Thread #12[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167490"]Thread #13[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7746243#post7746243"]Thread #14[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7749539#post7749539"]Thread #15[/ame]

Clairfication on WS stance regarding the "victim friendly" issue.

I had a discussion with the owners about how we were to deal with this. This is what I was advised:

At this point in the investigation we don't KNOW exactly who ALL the victims are now. We KNOW that Trayvon is a victim, because he is dead. However, news breaks and new leaks come forth everyday and it is still unclear whether Zimmerman was a victim of any violence. Until more verifiable FACTS are available, WS has chosen to err on the side of treating both the confirmed (Trayvon) AND potential (Zimmerman) victim, both as victims.

Like I said, that may change after we have more verifiable information

Hope that helps clear this up.

Please bump as needed.

WS does not permit links that request or suggest sending donations without the clear permission of the owners . This is to protect our members and for no other reason.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...yvonbre8320uk-20120403,0,2751266.story?page=1

Tracy Martin had been looking for his son Trayvon since the night before.

An attorney herself, she knew whom to call: Benjamin Crump, the state's best-known civil rights attorney, based in Tallahassee. Crump and law partner Daryl Parks had previously gained renown representing the family of a black teenager who died in a boot-camp-style youth detention center in 2006, winning the boy's family $7.2 million in damages from the state of Florida and Bay County.

Now Crump and Jackson needed a media strategy. On March 5, Jackson brought in Ryan Julison, a publicist who had worked with her on a number of high-profile cases. After speaking with Tracy Martin, Julison said he also took the job for free and went to work pitching the story to national media.

Crump knew from his experience on the boot-camp case that publicity could force officials to act, but it would require persuading two people who had never stood before a television camera to withstand the spotlight.

"I got on the phone with Tracy Martin and I told him, â&#8364;&#732;It's not going to be any fun, but this is the only way to find justice,'" Julison said. "You are going to have to bare your soul and express your emotions and your inner grief." Martin and Fulton agreed. There was only one problem. At first, the media weren't interested. Julison pitched the story to a long list of media contacts.

Eventually, on March 7, Reuters published a story titled "Family of Florida Boy Killed by Neighborhood Watch Seeks Arrest." The next day, CBS News aired a segment on "This Morning," and by 10 a.m. a crowd of reporters gathered at Natalie Jackson's law office for a news conference with Ben Crump and Tracy Martin. A media firestorm had begun.

The article is three pages long.

I'm sure if you would ask Trayvon's parents if they would like their son back or a million dollars... they would pick their son.

ETA: <modsnip> If they just wanted money, they would quietly sue the HOA and Zimmerman. Instead they are reaching out to any and everyone to help them get Justice for their son.

:moo:

I'm sure if you would ask Trayvon's parents if they would like their son back or a million dollars... they would pick their son.

ETA: <modsnip> If they just wanted money, they would quietly sue the HOA and Zimmerman. Instead they are reaching out to any and everyone to help them get Justice for their son.

I agree, but now it looks like they will get a few million by the time they are done with this. :(

If they wanted money they would have hired Jose. jmo

I agree, but now it looks like they will get a few million by the time they are done with it all.

Yes, I am sure they will do good things with that money too. Their children are going to need counseling. They are going to need counseling. I have a feeling we will hear about Trayvon's parents for years to come doing good things for their community. They seem like lovely people who have had to endure what no parent ever should have to endure. I do not believe they are going to allow Trayvon's death to be in vain.

MOO

I agree, but now it looks like they will get a few million by the time they are done with this. :(

Well, people do buy insurance for that very reason. If they want to file a wrongful death suit, I say they are entitled. Or do I have that all wrong because TM was on suspension from school that night???? jmo

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...yvonbre8320uk-20120403,0,2751266.story?page=1

Tracy Martin had been looking for his son Trayvon since the night before.An attorney herself, she knew whom to call: Benjamin Crump, the state's best-known civil rights attorney, based in Tallahassee. Crump and law partner Daryl Parks had previously gained renown representing the family of a black teenager who died in a boot-camp-style youth detention center in 2006, winning the boy's family $7.2 million in damages from the state of Florida and Bay County.

Now Crump and Jackson needed a media strategy. On March 5, Jackson brought in Ryan Julison, a publicist who had worked with her on a number of high-profile cases. After speaking with Tracy Martin, Julison said he also took the job for free and went to work pitching the story to national media.

Crump knew from his experience on the boot-camp case that publicity could force officials to act, but it would require persuading two people who had never stood before a television camera to withstand the spotlight.

"I got on the phone with Tracy Martin and I told him, ‘It's not going to be any fun, but this is the only way to find justice,'" Julison said. "You are going to have to bare your soul and express your emotions and your inner grief." Martin and Fulton agreed. There was only one problem. At first, the media weren't interested. Julison pitched the story to a long list of media contacts.

Eventually, on March 7, Reuters published a story titled "Family of Florida Boy Killed by Neighborhood Watch Seeks Arrest." The next day, CBS News aired a segment on "This Morning," and by 10 a.m. a crowd of reporters gathered at Natalie Jackson's law office for a news conference with Ben Crump and Tracy Martin. A media firestorm had begun.

The article is three pages long.

BBM
The father said that he thought he went with to the movies with a cousin,
so he did not worry why he was not home, and he fell asleep.
NO he did not look for him that night.

Then why do they have a foundation?

Why does Mark Klass have a foundation? Why does Tim Miller have a foundation? Why does anyone who has ever lost a child have a foundation? To take the death of their children and do something in their memory.

MOO

hmmmm...........interesting what this story has brought out in people.

Then why do they have a foundation?

Oh, I know this one. Attorneys, attorneys....they get their money regardless. Takes money to get people to listen to you because it's not like TM was missing for 31 days and the media was going to pay attention. jmo

Well, people do buy insurance for that very reason. If they want to file a wrongful death suit, I say they are entitled. Or do I have that all wrong because TM was on suspension from school that night???? jmo

I do not have a clue about insurance for wrongful death.
I just know that given the situation at hand, they will be making a lot of money. I do not blame them, but they will.

Then why do they have a foundation? it reeks of G &C's foundation.

The same reason a lot of VICTIMS have foundations. I'm confused on how this matters for any other purpose than to victim bash. Unless your suggesting that TMs mom or dad pulled the trugger that night?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Why would TM use the word "Homie" with George ? As far as I know the word homie is term of endearment , such as "hi homie what's up" ?
my son's friend used homie when he introduced one of his friends to my son, he said "this is so n so he's one of my homie's". (good friends)

I just don't see Trayvon using it with a complete stranger who's stalking him. :moo:

Plus there's no evidence to support that assertion.

(Aren't Trayvon's parents considered victims at this point?)

Why would TM use the word "Homie" with George ? As far as I know the word homie is term of endearment , such as "hi homie what's up" ?
my son's friend used homie when he introduced one of his friends to my son, he said "this is so n so he's one of my homie's". (good friends)

I just don't see Trayvon using it with a complete stranger who's stalking him. :moo:

George didn't know what homie meant...........he thought it was a slam.

Oh, I know this one. Attorneys, attorneys....they get their money regardless. Takes money to get people to listen to you because it's not like TM was missing for 31 days and the media was going to pay attention. jmo

I applaud the Martins, Mr. Crump and all of Trayvon's supporters for putting together their media plan. Had they not done that, this case would go on the dump-heap of history which so many cases involving people of color do. People cry about the demonstrators and agitators, if it was not for them, this case would be treated exactly the way SPD treated it in the first hours. A dead Black kid, who cares? It's sad, but that's the only way to get justice.

Why does Mark Klass have a foundation? Why does Tim Miller have a foundation? Why does anyone who has ever lost a child have a foundation? To take the death of their children and do something in their memory.

MOO

Laci Peterson Foundation
The Natalee Holloway Foundation
Carole Sund Foundation
The Jennifer Kesse Trust

"Homie" is a much more appropriate "term of endearment" then what Zimmerman's friend considers a "term of endearment."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46