Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 1194

Thread: 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #16

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    America's heartland, the Land of Lincoln
    Posts
    24,773
    If the term Homes or Homie was used by TM (which I tend to doubt) I think it was the term "homes" and if so it was said in a derogatory fashion, as I have seen non hispanics refer sarcastically to hispanics in that manner as a sort of baiting technique. Sounds friendly but is really insulting because of the very evident fact that the speaker is not your buddy.

    Again

    I have not seen it confirmed those words were spoken by TM and I tend not to believe them as IME young people his age do not use that term in either way.
    Five years ago I wandered in here because of a google search on Haleigh Cummings. "Welcome," folks said "look around a bit, sit a spell." It wasn't long before I found Caylee's threads. It was just that simple.

    If you are new to the site allow me to say, "welcome. Look around a bit, sit a spell."

  2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    1,999
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...6.story?page=1

    Tracy Martin had been looking for his son Trayvon since the night before.

    An attorney herself, she knew whom to call: Benjamin Crump, the state's best-known civil rights attorney, based in Tallahassee. Crump and law partner Daryl Parks had previously gained renown representing the family of a black teenager who died in a boot-camp-style youth detention center in 2006, winning the boy's family $7.2 million in damages from the state of Florida and Bay County.

    Now Crump and Jackson needed a media strategy. On March 5, Jackson brought in Ryan Julison, a publicist who had worked with her on a number of high-profile cases. After speaking with Tracy Martin, Julison said he also took the job for free and went to work pitching the story to national media.

    Crump knew from his experience on the boot-camp case that publicity could force officials to act, but it would require persuading two people who had never stood before a television camera to withstand the spotlight.

    "I got on the phone with Tracy Martin and I told him, ‘It's not going to be any fun, but this is the only way to find justice,'" Julison said. "You are going to have to bare your soul and express your emotions and your inner grief." Martin and Fulton agreed. There was only one problem. At first, the media weren't interested. Julison pitched the story to a long list of media contacts.

    Eventually, on March 7, Reuters published a story titled "Family of Florida Boy Killed by Neighborhood Watch Seeks Arrest." The next day, CBS News aired a segment on "This Morning," and by 10 a.m. a crowd of reporters gathered at Natalie Jackson's law office for a news conference with Ben Crump and Tracy Martin. A media firestorm had begun.

    The article is three pages long.
    I find this part very interesting. I presume that the re enactment was post that 8.00 am time on the same day. Wonder why Mr Martin was not invited but GZ's daddy was. Am sure Mr Martin would have been very interested instead of that loaded verbal account from the detective..

    "Instead of one squad car with his son in the backseat, three vehicles pulled up: a police cruiser, an unmarked sedan and another official-looking car. Martin would discover the third car belonged to a chaplain.

    It was not yet 8 in the morning, barely 12 hours since the shooting that took place about 100 yards away, and Martin was still unaware of the fate of his son."


  4. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    20,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    I hope everyday for justice for Trayvon and his family. I totally support the efforts being put forth to remember and honor his life.
    Plus these foundations are set up because people do want to help them and that money starts to come in and the Martin's don't want this money rolling through their checkbooks, nor did Tim Miller, so the money goes into an account that is held by a bank or law firm. It's held there until it is determined how the money will be distributed for expenses, charties, etc. I think the last thing on their minds right now is money. I think they want the truth and apparently the truth is very expensive in Sanford these days. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon


  5. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,904
    Sadly it takes money to get justice when police lie on their reports.


  6. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    20,128
    Quote Originally Posted by rotterdam View Post
    I find this part very interesting. I presume that the re enactment was post that 8.00 am time on the same day. Wonder why Mr Martin was not invited but GZ's daddy was. Am sure Mr Martin would have been very interested instead of that loaded verbal account from the detective..

    "Instead of one squad car with his son in the backseat, three vehicles pulled up: a police cruiser, an unmarked sedan and another official-looking car. Martin would discover the third car belonged to a chaplain.

    It was not yet 8 in the morning, barely 12 hours since the shooting that took place about 100 yards away, and Martin was still unaware of the fate of his son."
    It's possible he called LE first to ask about TM because he heard about there being trouble out in the back the night before. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

  7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  8. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    326
    Trayvon Martin's Girlfriend Interviewed By Prosecutors

    "Trayvon's girlfriend was interviewed by the two district attorneys that Special Prosecutor Angela Corey appointed to the case," a source tells RadarOnline.com. "She was interviewed last week and her mother was present throughout. She was very forthcoming and had pertinent information to the investigation because she was the last person that talked to Trayvon before George Zimmerman shot and killed him. It was extremely emotional for her and her mother wanted to make sure it wasn't too much for her. She would be a very compelling witness for the state of Florida if criminal charges are filed against George Zimmmerman."

    The Florida State Attorney's Office has issued a subpoena for Trayvon's girlfriend to appear in front of the grand jury when it's impaneled on April 10.

    More at link…

    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...ed-prosecutors


  9. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    George didn't know what homie meant...........he thought it was a slam.
    That is why I believe GZ came up with that word all on his own, thinking it was a slam, he thought it would bolster his story.
    Same thing with "you got me" I saw an old western the other day where that phrase was used. I have to say it made me giggle when I heard it
    JMO

  10. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to uvamerica For This Useful Post:


  11. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by francie View Post
    Trayvon Martin's Girlfriend Interviewed By Prosecutors

    "Trayvon's girlfriend was interviewed by the two district attorneys that Special Prosecutor Angela Corey appointed to the case," a source tells RadarOnline.com. "She was interviewed last week and her mother was present throughout. She was very forthcoming and had pertinent information to the investigation because she was the last person that talked to Trayvon before George Zimmerman shot and killed him. It was extremely emotional for her and her mother wanted to make sure it wasn't too much for her. She would be a very compelling witness for the state of Florida if criminal charges are filed against George Zimmmerman."

    The Florida State Attorney's Office has issued a subpoena for Trayvon's girlfriend to appear in front of the grand jury when it's impaneled on April 10.

    More at link…

    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...ed-prosecutors
    Poor kid. I wish she didn't have to go through this. Sending prayers of strength her way.
    Justice for Trayvon


  12. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,888
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    If the term Homes or Homie was used by TM (which I tend to doubt) I think it was the term "homes" and if so it was said in a derogatory fashion, as I have seen non hispanics refer sarcastically to hispanics in that manner as a sort of baiting technique. Sounds friendly but is really insulting because of the very evident fact that the speaker is not your buddy.

    Again

    I have not seen it confirmed those words were spoken by TM and I tend not to believe them as IME young people his age do not use that term in either way.
    me thinks somebody with a gun watched too many movies.

    JMO MOO IMO


  13. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,904
    Quote Originally Posted by francie View Post
    Trayvon Martin's Girlfriend Interviewed By Prosecutors

    "Trayvon's girlfriend was interviewed by the two district attorneys that Special Prosecutor Angela Corey appointed to the case," a source tells RadarOnline.com. "She was interviewed last week and her mother was present throughout. She was very forthcoming and had pertinent information to the investigation because she was the last person that talked to Trayvon before George Zimmerman shot and killed him. It was extremely emotional for her and her mother wanted to make sure it wasn't too much for her. She would be a very compelling witness for the state of Florida if criminal charges are filed against George Zimmmerman."

    The Florida State Attorney's Office has issued a subpoena for Trayvon's girlfriend to appear in front of the grand jury when it's impaneled on April 10.

    More at link…

    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...ed-prosecutors
    Sounds like the SA is having a Grand Jury.

  14. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:


  15. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,593

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:


  17. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,216
    Quote Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
    me thinks somebody with a gun watched too many movies.

    JMO MOO IMO
    I'll interject "OLD movies at that...JMHO
    "It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

    JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW

  18. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:


  19. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Berkshires, MA
    Posts
    1,453

    I also think they have already

    done so much good by being such dignified and respectful representatives of their son. They are not screaming for blood but instead demanding justice, for the system to work as it should have. It is beyond clear to most people of good will that this was a coverup in the making and that absent the public attention the family was able to garner NOTHING more would have ever been heard or said about this case. I applaud them for being smart and savvy enought to call on Mr. Crump-I can't express enough how they did EXACTLY the right thing.

    I would like to believe race didn't play a role here. But that wouldn't be true or consistent with the evidence, whether GZ's assumtions about the black boy up to no good or the police on the scene's assumptions about who TM was, certainly not a lawful resident of the complex but just some John Doe with a toe tag in the morgue, shot dead and left to be forgotten.

    I hope that this case and the family foundation change things over time so that this type of tragedy is much less likely to happen. How anyone can disparage these poor people is beyond my comprehension. Yet, I continue to read the vilest suggestions about this victim and his family in every forum and I see just how far we have yet to go until justice is color blind in this country.

    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    I applaud my fellow American citizens, of all races, who are standing side by side with the Martin Family. I feel a great sense of pride when I see all the rally's and marches and so many people have shown up to support them.

    I do think race had a role in this case. I think if Trayvon had been white, there would have been an arrest. If Trayvon would have been the son of a Police Officer, George Zimmerman would have never walked out of that police station that night. It's sad, but true... and a lot of my fellow American's see it too and it is not something that should be ignored.

    MOO



    BOYTWNMOM
    Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth. -Confucious


  20. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,593

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:


  22. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    I have heard it reported that TM used the term "homes" to GZ. I make no statement as to the veracity of that claim but simply verify that I have seen it reported as "homes" not "homie"

    I have heard this term used (although not recently) among hispanic culture in addition to the "homie" people tend to associate with rap or young AA Culture (also have not heard that term used in a while FWIW).

    As a Mexican-American slang word created in Southern California with the early 20th century cholo style generation, the term can be traced back to fact-based films such as Boulevard Nights (dramatizing their culture from 1975–1978), Blood In Blood Out/Bound By Honor (1972-1984 culture), and American Me (1940-50s culture)

    Homie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    So the term "homie" is used among the hispanic culture, hmmmmmm interesting isn't it that Zimmerman Sr. is the FIRST to bring this word up.

  23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mercuriod For This Useful Post:


  24. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Berkshires, MA
    Posts
    1,453

    No, it was a 1930's B&W bank robber

    movie and the copper shot the bad guy and he clutched his stomach and yelled "You got me"-I think it was Edward G Robinson? Well, whichever, we can agree the dialogue is bad and highly unlikely to occur in reality or in most of our reality I guess...



    Quote Originally Posted by uvamerica View Post
    That is why I believe GZ came up with that word all on his own, thinking it was a slam, he thought it would bolster his story.
    Same thing with "you got me" I saw an old western the other day where that phrase was used. I have to say it made me giggle when I heard it
    JMO



    BOYTWNMOM
    Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth. -Confucious

  25. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Boytwnmom For This Useful Post:


  26. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by belle3 View Post
    I understand what you are saying. It makes it easier to understand gz frame of mind. Thats for sure.
    I don't believe in censorship. I think everyone should have a right to say what's on their mind? I don't have to agree with it and sometimes I find it to be outright disgusting, but I'd rather know, then not know... know what I'm saying?
    Justice for Trayvon


  27. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    20,128
    Quote Originally Posted by belle3 View Post
    Im at a loss. How is it ok to say some of the things being said. im so sad. How disappointing
    You know, belle3, I'm not sure why this is happening but I guess some feel that when certain information is released, or someone is discussing a certain point, that they have to come back with a negative counteroffer. Now not having much on the deceased victim, ends up as if the family had done something to deserve this....they want money, they're claiming race, they should have been stricter and kept TM in the house, they were uncaring because they failed to keep calling him 20 times that night, they went to bed thinking he was at the movies when he wasn't....and on, and on.

    I guess it's a defensive response when you feel that you have to blame someone else when the information is just not to your liking or you really just want to believe your point of view is right.

    But you are right, we should not have to make up things about either of the parents/families and present it as a fact because we do not know. The Martin's have lost a child, the Zimmerman's want to protect their's. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon


  28. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Boytwnmom View Post
    movie and the copper shot the bad guy and he clutched his stomach and yelled "You got me"-I think it was Edward G Robinson? Well, whichever, we can agree the dialogue is bad and highly unlikely to occur in reality or in most of our reality I guess...
    OT ! LOL ! yes, I've seen that movie with Edward G. Robinson, it was Little Ceasar ! He's one of my fav actors of that time.

  29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to uvamerica For This Useful Post:


  30. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    18,667
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    I'm sure if you would ask Trayvon's parents if they would like their son back or a million dollars... they would pick their son.

    ETA: If they just wanted money, they would quietly sue the HOA and Zimmerman. Instead they are reaching out to any and everyone to help them get Justice for their son.

    I agree. Under our system, punitive damages in a civil suit may be the ONLY form of justice available to survivors when there is a wrongful death.

    If they choose to sue, TM's family will be obeying the law. That's supposed to be a good thing. The alternative would be buying a gun and going after GZ themselves. Surely we can all agree THAT would be wrong.
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 04-03-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: quoted snipped post


  31. #46
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,706
    Looks like the Officers of the Sanford Police Department who were on the scene had a plan for the :



    UNNECESSARY KILLING......kinda sums it all up, doesn't it?
    Last edited by bessie; 04-03-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: derisive name variation


    But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. Accordingly, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed upon the housetops. Luke 12, 2-3



  32. #47
    Bringing this over from the last thread (not sure I am doing it right):

    Beyond Belief Beyond Belief is offline
    Registered User

    Join Date: May 2005
    Location: Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts: 13,484
    Originally Posted by mercuriod View Post
    BBM I call bullc*ap on that statement. I have worked in schools for over 25 years, as a teacher and an administrator, suspension is a punishment for actions, it is not "for the safety of the school". You are trying to make it look like since Trayvon was suspended from school he was a threat to the school and that is just morally WRONG! jmo, imo and all that jazz

    The student’s presence in school presents a physical danger to the student or others;
    Your going to have to read the rules yourself.. That line is under Outdoor Suspensions.
    http://ehandbooks.dadeschools.net/po...90/csc_sec.pdf

    I wouldn't argue with this subject with anyone, I want to know if something was going on with this child. EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.
    This child is dead and I want to know WHY!! THE WHOLE WHY, NOT SOMEBODIES OPINION
    Interesting that you only quote that ONE line from the Dade County Schools handbook and leave off all the rest:

    "A principal may suspend a student from school for one (1) to ten (10) days for
    persistent disobedience and/or serious misconduct. Principals take this action
    when they have exhausted informal corrective strategies, or when they have at least
    considered those alternatives and rejected them as inappropriate in a given
    situation.
    Outdoor suspension is appropriate under the following conditions:
    • The student’s presence in school presents a physical danger to the student or others;
    • A “cooling off” period is needed to relieve tensions and relieve pressure; and/or
    • The student and/or parent/guardian refuse an alternative to suspension.
    A suspended student has the right to request and obtain make-up assignments for
    the time he or she was suspended from school. It is the responsibility of the student
    to request make-up work for assignments missed due a suspension.
    A suspended student is entitled to be notified of the reason for suspension and an
    opportunity to be heard. Parents/Guardians must be provided notice within 24
    hours by U.S. mail."

    jmo, imo and all that jazz

    Also have to say that is the first time I have ever heard it called "Outdoor Suspension", always heard it referred to as "Out of School Suspension". Makes it sound like the student is expected to spend the entire suspension on a camping trip or something, LOL. Again jmo, imo and all that jazz
    Last edited by bessie; 04-03-2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote

  33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mercuriod For This Useful Post:


  34. #48
    Etilema's Avatar
    Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
    Looks like the Officers of the Sanford Police Department who were on the scene had a plan for :



    UNNECESSARY KILLING......kinda sums it all up, doesn't it?
    Where is that, on the report? How can I find it? (Sorry to be so lame. I'm having trouble keeping up. . .)
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 04-03-2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: quoted snipped post

  35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Etilema For This Useful Post:


  36. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
    Looks like the Officers of the Sanford Police Department who were on the scene had a plan for the :



    UNNECESSARY KILLING......kinda sums it all up, doesn't it?
    Serino.
    Last edited by bessie; 04-03-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: snipped quoted post

  37. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TonyGatto For This Useful Post:


  38. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
    Looks like the Officers of the Sanford Police Department who were on the scene had a plan for the :

    This also caught my eye ! I'm so glad you brought it up, is that a standard form used when there is a shooting ? it looks as though LE was gonna arrest him for manslaughter, until the SA and chief had their say ? I'm confused
    Last edited by bessie; 04-03-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: snipped quoted post

  39. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to uvamerica For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #15
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1163
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 05:28 PM
  2. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1285
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 04:17 PM
  3. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #13
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 912
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 04:54 PM
  4. FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #11
    By beach in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1090
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 08:26 AM
  5. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9
    By ynotdivein in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1763
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 08:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •