Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rotterdam View Post
    But But what was the unlawful act Trayvon was not breaking in.
    I thought it was drugs.....they called a narcotics officer to the scene and we know it wasn't for GZ. jmo

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by uvamerica View Post
    OT ! LOL ! yes, I've seen that movie with Edward G. Robinson, it was Little Ceasar ! He's one of my fav actors of that time.
    OMG - I was thinking about that movie yesterday when I read the "You got me" line! It sounds like a cross between Edward G. Robinson and Jimmy Cagney in every old gangster movie ever made! Johnny Rocco in Key Largo!

Is this the end of Rico?

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by flourish View Post
    ITA

*Sigh*
    I remain disgusted at those whose choose to blame and criticize and trash TM's family. It's abhorrent heartless, ignorant, cruel behavior. IMO.

I personally know I'd give anything and everything I had to give to get my murdered child back. I suspect the Martin family feels the same.

I think a huge helping of COMPASSION is in order.
    I'm so very sorry for the loss of your child, flourish. It's a club none of us should belong to. I'd sell my soul to the devil himself just to have five minutes with my daughter.

I have to wonder if those who say such cruel and hate filled things have any idea how deep the knife cuts. May they never find themselves in the position to find out.

RIP Trayvon. Your parents are doing you proud.
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 04-03-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: quoted snipped post

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
    My best guess is that when this report was typed and the potential charge filled in, it was probably before they knew TM was living there.
    I thought may be they wrote that because GZ stated that Tray will going to kill him which would have been an illegal act unless you were GZ.
    But then Tray was also legally standing his ground since he was in fear of his life too. Kind of winner takes all. What a mess Florida created with this very liberal "walking along with you" SYG.

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rotterdam For This Useful Post:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
    OMG - I was thinking about that movie yesterday when I read the "You got me" line! It sounds like a cross between Edward G. Robinson and Jimmy Cagney in every old gangster movie ever made! Johnny Rocco in Key Largo!

Is this the end of Rico?

I'm a TCM fan !
    Yep ! "you got me" was used allot in the old gangster movies, and some of the old westerns.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to uvamerica For This Useful Post:

Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horace Finklestein View Post
    I'm guessing that was related to him being beaten by TM, as the witness stated.
    That would seem more to be a matter of self-defense, though, which is not the same thing.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Etilema For This Useful Post:

Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by rotterdam View Post
    I thought may be they wrote that because GZ stated that Tray will going to kill him which would have been an illegal act unless you were GZ.
    But then Tray was also legally standing his ground since he was in fear of his life too. Kind of winner takes all. What a mess Florida created with this very liberal "walking along with you" SYG.
    I think it is not an offense to kill someone who is trying to kill you. That is justified--self-defense.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Etilema For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Etilema View Post
    That would seem more to be a matter of self-defense, though, which is not the same thing.
    If he used force that was disproportionate to the threat, that would be the statute he'd be charged under.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m00c0w For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    Since the 15-year-old girlfriend is being called to testify at the Grand Jury, that must mean the phone records matched up and she was telling the truth. I think that can be put to rest now? Right?

ETA: Telling the truth about being on the phone with Trayvon.
    < mod snip >
    Yes this will support what many here have said...that her word is credible. It says a lot when her testimony is found to be useful, should this go to any sort of GJ or charges.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fran; 04-03-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: please cut out the sarcasm. tia
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

Quote Originally Posted by Etilema View Post
    I was thinking the preventing unlawful act related to the self defense. I don't know how they classify those things though.
    Justice for GEORGE!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Horace Finklestein For This Useful Post:

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Maybe with LE not knowing who TM was - the unlawful act was trespassing? IDK

JMHO

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

I still don't understand if Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch guy and Martin lived there how come they didn't know each other?
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to legalmania For This Useful Post:

--someone had asked for the video interview on the previous tread..

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1543560623001/what-really-happened-the-night-trayvon-martin-died/[/ame]

Exclusive: 'Geraldo at Large' talks to Trayvon's father's girlfriend and her son at the gated community where he was shot. 4:43
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
    I still don't understand if Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch guy and Martin lived there how come they didn't know each other?
    Because Trayvon and his father were only visiting. Trayvon's father's fiance lives in the complex.

~jmo~

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
    Trayvon Martin didn't live there. He was only there with his father visiting father's girlfriend.
    Just my opinion

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast