Dina Shacknai Sueing County for MS Autopsy Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does she believe her sons death wasn't an accident?

I wonder if she will sue JS as the homeowner/father because MS died in his house, under his care? Or is this a veiled threat to the Zahau family to back off? Why now? I wonder if DS has been questioned again by the States Attorney's Office? This seems like things are bubbling up behind the scenes.

I still think about the harm that DS and the previous wife came to at the hands of JS, when he was upset about less important issues. What do you think he would do to someone who he believed actually killed his son? DS certainly would know first hand about JS's temper, maybe she believes JS did harm MS and possibly RZ?

Here is the news article.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...-sons-autopsy-photos-20120403,0,5372696.story

I can see why she would want a copy of the file. Who knows what will come of it.

I think family members should be entitled to see anything related to an autopsy or an investigation of a death immediately in a death termed suicide or accidental. There is no reason to keep those secret and it stinks to make them jump through hoops to try and get access. If foul play is expected, I can see holding off on some evidence only the killer would know. If a family member is indicted there would still be access to all discovery by the defense team.

I wonder if she will sue JS as the homeowner/father because MS died in his house, under his care? Or is this a veiled threat to the Zahau family to back off? Why now? I wonder if DS has been questioned again by the States Attorney's Office? This seems like things are bubbling up behind the scenes.

Lots of questions ! :)

Yeah, she may try to sue Jonah - wonder what has been going on there in terms of financial support, her house in Coronado, etc.?

Seems like Nina tried to imply from the beginning that RZ did something, even before she turns up dead. The two of them - late night call, witnesses seeing one or both of them at the house, and so on. The doctor misdiagnosing the problem on top of already having great disdain for RZ. All of that could go to motive. However, Dina appears to have some alibi? Nina, Jonah, and Adam - uhm, no?

I still think about the harm that DS and the previous wife came to at the hands of JS, when he was upset about less important issues. What do you think he would do to someone who he believed actually killed his son? DS certainly would know first hand about JS's temper, maybe she believes JS did harm MS and possibly RZ?

Jonah's behavior was bad, but I think the story with the first wife and second is quite different? It appears that he and Dina both contributed to the storm as far as I have seen. I've said this before, but how could they have been operating in the best interest of a child to let it get that bad and keep it going on. Their physical and psychological abuse storm went on for years. If Jonah did anything to RZ, I have to think he had a lot of influence between Monday and Tuesday late night.

I wonder what Gore will make of this? Seems all the Shacknai's are not happy campers as he would like to think.

a thought...
...... "she saved him, can you save her" ....... this could be a direct response from DS... if at the hospital at any time JS said....with regards to RZ... "she tried to save him".... JS defending RZ and DS response is..... sarcastic... and cruel..... could DS have murdered RZ on her own? I can't see AS helping and the twin sister... maybe..

Does she believe her sons death wasn't an accident?
The suit is news, however, how DS has felt is not news to people who have followed this case from the start. There are a few posters here whom "know DS" that have posted on this forum and have previously stated that DS did not feel that Max's fall was an "accident".

I could turn out to be very wrong, but it seems to me the only wrongful death suit possible would be against the surviving Zahau sister. Or would it be possible to sue Rebecca Zahau's estate? But surely she didn't HAVE an estate or any money to recover.

We need an attorney to weigh in.

Wasn't sure where to post this...no media only thread? :waitasec:

Anyway. Interesting. More at link.

In an interview with Phoenix Magazine, the boy's mother, Dina Shacknai, talked for the first time about her suspicion of Rebecca Zahau and the story Zahau told police about how Max fell.

Dina Shacknai wants Max's case reopened as well.

"It's been really hard to be quiet and say nothing," Shacknai told the magazine. "It's still my job to find out what really happened to him."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/19024331/coronado

Dina Shacknai held a press conference today to announce the formation of Maxie's H.O.U.S.E. a foundation to support blended families. http://maxieshouse.org/

It was also announced that she conducted a privately funded investigation and that she and her team were not satisfied with the scenario surrounding Max's accident and that they had been in contact with Coronado Police to request a meeting to discuss the findings.

http://www.kpho.com/story/19033070/mother-to-talk-about-sons-death-1-year-later

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/...o-mansion-death-breaks-silence-162601416.html

Wow... Dina's body language..... does anyone find it odd... there is artwork right next to her that has an image of a naked asian or black woman?

I applaud the efforts of this charity............however it seems more a vehichle to throw suspicion on RZ.

I would love a body language export to read DS..... my first instinct is that she disengenuios and would lie to stay in denial. RZ not to care for MS when there are other members of the Zahau family? The RZ last name thing.... it was because of a married name... as I remember.... the shoplifting is a concern... but DS doesn't mention that anyone else in her family had any kind of record and certainly it would have come to light with all the media scrutiny..... it's like she is casting shadows where there are none...she does mention she never went to the courts with this... I suspect there is NO documentation that would prove DS had these kinds of "restrictions" in place with JS.

A waste up naked photo of her son? Odd.

I find DS very odd. Childlike voice... is she wearing a wig?
It's unkind considering what she has gone through.... I don't mean to be harmful.... but in my experience.... I have never come across a woman quite like this.... educated, but a child voice... childlike mannerisms...

I wonder who she is making eye contact with.....

Her reaction when the reporter asks do you believe there is a murderer out there.. wow..... like she was hit with a shock wave...

This is a woman grieving..... and her scope and perspective is still very narrow.

She never breaks down once... and her lack of a more somber demeanor... considering the topic... she seems like she is gloating...

Considering the violence in her relationship with JS during their marriage... the previous volatile marriage....JS should be the person she would be most concerned about being with her son. We still don't know exactly where JS was that morning.

Anyone else have thoughts and insight after viewing this video? Odd it keeps cutting out... edited?

I heard about this case for the first time in a long time on the radio today and the lawyer speaking on DS's behalf was Hallier. I'm assuming that's Angela Hallier. Was she DS's lawyer in her divorce? Idk if she would be handling a civil suit, but I know she is strictly known as 100% divorce -- ruthless, cutthroat high $$ divorce. She's THE go-to pit viper in PV (golddigger central - AZ is a community property state).The "real housewives of PV" practically pass her card around at happy hour(s).

Also, re Dina's demeanor, I'm about 1000% sure I saw her at Walgreens rolled up in a shiny new Mercedes in her tennis outfit. She was talking to another customer and a guy behind the counter. The tone of the conversation was condolences toward her, but she seemed kind of angry and distracted. Not at those people, but just in general. I didn't get a sad vibe, either. I got a po'd and frustrated vibe. Not that that wouldn't be understandable. But this was several months ago and I remember being surprised that she was "at the club" and not more sad in her demeanor, kwim? Definitely weird vibe. And, for the record, I don't know her personally, at all.

While DS and her lawyer clearly want to shed blame in RZ's direction to very possibly get money from JS....

DS comes across as easily manipulated and in denial. Really glad to have seen and heard her. I can't see this woman murdering anyone.

Who was more violent JS or RZ?

Interesting how DS and her sister NR decided not to be seen together in this video.

My opinion...the fact remains - evidence that RZ was murdered.
Arielilane, I agree. That Max may have been intentionally harmed may provide a motive for why Rebecca was murdered.

If Rebecca was was believed to have caused Max's injury then the motive could be revenge. However, if Rebecca knew who caused his injury then the motive could be to silence her.

Each motive can point to a different potential killer.

During Dina's presser she seemed to indicate she believed Rebecca injured Max when she talked about Rebecca's 'criminal past' and her wish that Max never be alone with Rebecca when she was with another Zahau family member. OK, that doesn't really make sense to me but if she had an agreement with Jonah or even just expressed her concern about it and he did not exercise proper caution then yes I think she would be entitled to sue the socks off him.

However, since Dina has chosen to open this can of worms then Jonah will be forced to prove that he and the other kids were not at the house when Max was injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82