Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Haleigh's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I understand that your are curious, but I don't think I would believe anything rc says. He is self-serving...and not to be believed. He married the main witness of his DD's disappearance. I am sure his motive was to placate misty so she would never turn on him for sexual assault on a 16 yr. old. His being 24 would get him about 20 years. In retrospect, he did better on the drug charges.
    That would have been up to LE to charge Ron.
    Not Misty.
    LE apparently declined.
    JMO, IMOO, JMHO

"Caylee's either coming home, or she's already gone home." (Richard Grund)

Quote Originally Posted by mkay882 View Post
    That would have been up to LE to charge Ron.
    Not Misty.
    LE apparently declined.
    In my limited kge, LE needs a statement from the victim or the parents. They can't go around charging people with sex crimes w/o the victim having evidence or testifying on evidence.

Misty did this before. She put her BF in prison for rape. He was 16 and got nine years. If she didn't testify, I doubt he would have done much time at all. I think rc was very worried about that and didn't want to take a chance.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cajun View Post
    Does anyone know why Hank Croslin is on facebook saying Tommy is getting out of prison soon and coming home??
    I recall tommy's prison status being changed this year. He was put on light custody. This may be the last stop before release. I imagine it would have work camp. That is how that custody works out here. Of course, Florida does things differently.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TobyWong* View Post
    I forgot about tn & ggms showing up there. Was'nt it the day before or something? Imo misty gave heads up. I still think tommy was only given minimal task cause they just knew him. Ultimately I think misty had to go around satsuma picking up tommys stash of stuff to get rid of. Obviously he had something to worry the women enough to do their own pre-search. Did they hang around for the actual search?
    Haha the hog search. Imo was to appease cobra/camera. Tn did'nt put much effort into that one.
    Didn't tc say Haleigh was tied with yellow rope with 2 cinder blocks and thrown into the water at Shell Harbor? IIRC, LE found cinder blocks and yellow rope. I also recall tc's van having yellow rope and large coolers in the back. For a long time, I thought Haleigh was in a blue cooler, but no such find.

It could be that misty went with JO and tommy stayed behind and wiped out all the drugs in ron's house. tommy may have learned of the disposal by misty or vice-versa.

The more I think of it, the more it makes sense they took her a to that location instead of the obvious river right next to the house on Green.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    OK that was kind of strange. An intruder asks a university student if she's an eight year old girl?
    What Donjeta? I didn't hear about this. Can you elaborate? TIA
    I love a Williams Syndrome kid.

Concerned Papa posted the link in #408.

The UO student is still shaken up after hearing noises coming from downstairs.

"I peeked into my roommates room, expecting my roommate, and not expecting a stranger," the resident said. "I found the guy sort of hiding in her closet."

The stranger then tossed a question her way that she was not expecting to hear.

"He asked me if I was Haleigh Cummings and I said no," the resident said.
    UO= University of Oregon

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

I recall tommy's prison status being changed this year. He was put on light custody. This may be the last stop before release. I imagine it would have work camp. That is how that custody works out here. Of course, Florida does things differently.
    well since he got 15 yrs., his appeal was denied last November and you have to do 85% of the sentence it makes no sense to me Hank would say "he was coming home soon"

Current Release Date: 06/28/2024

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cajun For This Useful Post:

In my limited kge, LE needs a statement from the victim or the parents. They can't go around charging people with sex crimes w/o the victim having evidence or testifying on evidence.

Misty did this before. She put her BF in prison for rape. He was 16 and got nine years. If she didn't testify, I doubt he would have done much time at all. I think rc was very worried about that and didn't want to take a chance.
    I doubt Ron was worried at all.
    On a charge like you're speaking of at least he would be eligible for release on parole....if he was sentenced to time.
    Unlike their drug sentences.
    JMO, IMOO, JMHO

"Caylee's either coming home, or she's already gone home." (Richard Grund)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mkay882 For This Useful Post:

Ronald Cummings is most likely wishing that he had been charged and found guilty of having sex with a minor because he would have probably served his time and out on probation by now.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mkay882 View Post
    I doubt Ron was worried at all.
    On a charge like you're speaking of at least he would be eligible for release on parole....if he was sentenced to time.
    Unlike their drug sentences.
    Oh, he was worried, all right.

He didn't want to carry a sexual offender mark for the rest of his life. That 16 yr old boy misty testified against is stil in prison. He didn't get any chance of getting released. I don't know why rc would either. I don't think he was going to take the chance. He married misty and continued to be her friend. His reasoning was Keep your enemies close...and that was done to keep her from pressing sex charges on him...not for Haleigh, like some want to think.

rc is all about himself. He married misty to keep her from filing on him. Even when he divorced her, he told her it was just for the media that were talking bad about him...and he would get back with her soon. He is a player and a good talker..misty fell for it.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

What is odd is that by the public marriage RC DID get himself the label.

He may not be that bright but surely marrying Misty was the silliest thing he could have done as it drew attention to the fact she was more than a baby sitter for him. It was obvious everyone would have been suspicious. And if he married her to keep her from filing from him then un marrying her surely put him back in the same position -except maybe Misty needed Ron to help her with her drug supply?

Even stranger why did Misty never testify against Joe Overstreet? (Ok maybe because he is family?)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackalyn For This Useful Post:

JO must have something on misty for her to not point the finger at him. RC didn't even point the finger at him. rc denied there was even a fight with JO.

However, we heard him on tape go into depth about the fight...when he didn't know he was recorded. That fight may have been the catalyst for the murder of Haleigh. rc was really pumped up about it...as he threatened to smash JO's hands. I don't think JO would just shrivel away after that. I think he would seek revenge.

So we have rc, misty and tommy covering for JO. Later, tc caves and says it was JO. LE wants proof. TC told Flo that Haleigh was tied to two cinder blockes with yellow rope and dropped in the river. LE finds yellow rope and two cinder blocks at the river. Cinder blocks likely came form Green Lane. Yellow rope was already in the van. Who had possession of the van that night is the missing piesce to the puzzle.

We know tc called Timmy's house after 10:00pm. We don't know who he spoke with...and when the van was driven to Green Lane, assuming it was. We don't know if Haleigh was dead or alive when placed in the van and taken to the river. Misty knows and that is why she is the key and why she got the most time in prison.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Personally I think Misty finds solace in the fact that all the people she cares about is in prison. The hard time for her will be when they start to get released and she is still locked up.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

JO must have something on misty for her to not point the finger at him. RC didn't even point the finger at him. rc denied there was even a fight with JO.

However, we heard him on tape go into depth about the fight...when he didn't know he was recorded. That fight may have been the catalyst for the murder of Haleigh. rc was really pumped up about it...as he threatened to smash JO's hands. I don't think JO would just shrivel away after that. I think he would seek revenge.

So we have rc, misty and tommy covering for JO. Later, tc caves and says it was JO. LE wants proof. TC told Flo that Haleigh was tied to two cinder blockes with yellow rope and dropped in the river. LE finds yellow rope and two cinder blocks at the river. Cinder blocks likely came form Green Lane. Yellow rope was already in the van. Who had possession of the van that night is the missing piesce to the puzzle.

We know tc called Timmy's house after 10:00pm. We don't know who he spoke with...and when the van was driven to Green Lane, assuming it was. We don't know if Haleigh was dead or alive when placed in the van and taken to the river. Misty knows and that is why she is the key and why she got the most time in prison.
    A voice of reason...Thank you!

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 4Jacy For This Useful Post:

I agree Whisp. I just don't think Misty is the only one that knows. Maybe LE thought she would be the easiest to get the truth from Boy were they wrong! I don't think any of them will ever tell the truth...about anything!
    I love a Williams Syndrome kid.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nonni Brenda For This Useful Post:

I don't think for a second that Ronald and Misty got those large prison sentences for the drug conviction. I have always believed that they were also being punished for Haleigh. JMO

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JodyMT For This Useful Post:

Misty is very cunning. Don't underestimate her! LE was unable to interview her the way they wanted to until she turned 18. RC protected her...He signaled when enough was enough when she would be at the station prior to age 18.

The fact that the family covered for misty should signal something. IMO, they were protecting rc...and his lack of parenting skills. They knew if word got out, he would be targeted. They had to approve his choice of caretaker for his kids or risk the chance the public would think he was the perp.

I believe when he moved to Satsuma, it was his first time at having the children by himself. Prior to that Amber was watching the kids. It wasn't long before he replaced Amber and wanted misty as a full time sitter/bed partner. Misty was difficult for rc to handle though and he shortly became frustrated. When he went on nightshift, this was the beginning of the storm, as misty was NOT going to watch the kids at night by herself.

I doubt TN was ever involved with any aspect of her grandchildren. I think GMa Sykes was left as the caretaker when nobody could be found. I also think she wasn't fond of the idea and most likely wanted rc to start caring for them himself. She continued to wash their clothes to make sure they wore clean outfits each day. I also think she did rc's clothes too, but didn't admit it to the press. That was the main aspect of her granny duties. This can be proved when you listen to rc and granny talks from prison. His clean clothes was the main talking point with her.

Misty is not the humble little girl that was led astray. She is a take charge kinda gal. She can shift between the two types with ease. The problem is she doesn't have too much to run and take charge with except babysitting and drugs. rc led her to a new and improved drug world and an opportunity to make money selling them. This took priority now and baby sitting was not attractive anymore.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

From the beginning, one thing that remained constant in my thoughts is that Greg made contact with her that monday. He said he didn't and sounds convincing but remember he is an addict and addicts lie.

If it was just a fling, he would not have made contact with misty and called her monday, the 9th. He was either smitten or there was a drug setup for that day. At some point, I believe they hooked up.

Wasn't Lisa asking misty when she was going to see her Dad who was air-flighted to Gainsville and in the hospital having surgery? Did misty ever make it there? Chelsea managed to get there but we never heard anything about misty being there. I doubt she ever went. She called there @ 2:00am (do we have exact time?) to talk to her mom about Haleigh though.

The first time I noticed how slick misty was was when she was interviewed by AH. She would slip and very quickly cover up her blip...before most would notice. This told me she was pretty good at fooling people...and her mind was in full function mode...at least as far as protecting herself.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

While I am sure Ronald enjoyed having Misty around for his own pleasure, I have also thought that one of the reasons he kept her around was so she could babysit those kids. He was using her in that way. JMO

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JodyMT For This Useful Post:

Capt. Greenwood stated that the first call came in @ 0213. Tha indicaes to me that there was more than one call to LE concerning Haleigh. We only heard of one call. During the radio calls of the responding LE, they stated that the victim was last seen in her home an hour and half ago. It is believed these words were spoken about 0400. Who told LE that they saw Haleigh an hour and half ago?

Between Greenwood,s time and the responders' conversation, we are missing some important details.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

I have heard about the earlier call too... and it's always made me wonder. Did someone call it in prematurely before the clean-up was finished and realized it and didn't complete the call?

RIP McStays

Feds review the Haleigh Cummings investigation

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topsto...investigation-

Vigil for Haleigh Cummings

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...AGE%7Cfeatured
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

41. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:

From the beginning, one thing that remained constant in my thoughts is that Greg made contact with her that monday. He said he didn't and sounds convincing but remember he is an addict and addicts lie.

If it was just a fling, he would not have made contact with misty and called her monday, the 9th. He was either smitten or there was a drug setup for that day. At some point, I believe they hooked up.

Wasn't Lisa asking misty when she was going to see her Dad who was air-flighted to Gainsville and in the hospital having surgery? Did misty ever make it there? Chelsea managed to get there but we never heard anything about misty being there. I doubt she ever went. She called there @ 2:00am (do we have exact time?) to talk to her mom about Haleigh though.

The first time I noticed how slick misty was was when she was interviewed by AH. She would slip and very quickly cover up her blip...before most would notice. This told me she was pretty good at fooling people...and her mind was in full function mode...at least as far as protecting herself.
    Hi Whisp!

After reading your post I remembered that Greg Page had stated that it was Misty who contacted him that Monday and I found that interview today:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVkAPOfXZKQ"]EXCLUSIVE: "White Boy Greg" -- LIVE on ArtHarris.com, aka BaldtruthTV.com!! - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.artharris.com/2009/04/03/...isty-cummings/

I think it is in the second link that he stated that it was Misty who contacted him on that Monday, suposedly from the hospital while visiting her father.

Really makes me think that they did actually hooked up that night.

43. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Thanks...I never saw that video before....whew He was flying high! I see no signs that misty was visiting Hank sr. that day. She lied, what else is new? These two made contact on that fateful day. How much, when and where, we will not know. They were both so high that they have no idea of the day. He could have been at Green Lane to see her or bring her drugs. TC wanted drugs too, IIRC. TC said he couldn't go to work w/o his vicodin. I suspect rc needed some drugs also, in order to work that night....because my guess is that he had NO sleep.
    Last edited by Whisperer; 08-13-2012 at 12:54 AM.

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

47. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cajun For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast