832 users online (128 members and 704 guests)  

Websleuths News

NM - Deming, Wht/HispMale UP7092, 35-50, metal rod in femur, Nov'06

I did not see a post for this man.

https://identifyus.org/cases/7092

UID white or hispanic male
    Found - Nov. 16, 2006
    Est. Date of death - 2004-2006
    Age - 35-50
    Height - est 60"
    Medical: healed nasal bone fracture, left clavicle and ribs fused, right femur has healed fracture w/ stabilizing rod, all indicative of prior traumatic injury.
    Clothing: pants, shoe, baseball cap
    Dentals available - missing lower front 3 teeth antemortem
    Rule out: Jimmy Rogers, Georgia
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-08-2013 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Correct spelling of "Deming" in thread title

Robert Pete Underwood Jr.
    http://www.nampn.org/cases/underwood_robert.html

Missing Since: August 16, 2004 from Anne Arundel, Anne Arundel County, Maryland
    Classification: Missing
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 200 lbs.
    Hair Color: Gray/brown
    Eye Color: Green
    Race: White
    Distinguishing Characteristics: He walks with a bad limp. Moustache,
    goatee. Scar forehead, scar right hip, scar right leg, scar abdomen. Orthopedic screw
    in right hip, orthopedic rod in right leg.
    Clothing: Ball cap, dark t-shirt size XL, blue shorts. Black dress shoes.

Except for the height, looks good. I'd drop them an e-mail on that one.

I'm a little suspicious of the 60 inch (5'0") height estimate for an adult male. It's not completely out of the question. I know a few guys that are that short, but I'm not sure that I would take it on faith that the estimate is accurate.

I'm surprised that they have fingerprints on file for a UID that may have been dead for "years".

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post

I'm a little suspicious of the 60 inch (5'0") height estimate for an adult male. It's not completely out of the question. I know a few guys that are that short, but I'm not sure that I would take it on faith that the estimate is accurate.

I'm surprised that they have fingerprints on file for a UID that may have been dead for "years".
    Thanks Carl! I agree with everything you said here. I really felt that the estmate of 5'0" was probably wrong. That's very short for a man.

Let me know if you hear anything. I appreciate your help!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

I wish the profiles gave a bit more detail. What type of shoe, pants, etc...

Also, the NamUs profile for Robert Pete Underwood Jr. doesn't even mention the rod in his leg only that he has scars...
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2435/0/
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Tammie McCormick, 13, missing since 1986 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128676

Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, missing since 2007 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55811

CherBearSTL, you might want to change your title in case someone does a search - it is "Deming" with one m. )))

Also, many illegals in this area, not sure if this case will be given much attention.

I don't think I can change the title. I believe the mods will have to.

I don't know that this guy was an illegal, so it's worth it to see if he may be the guy that I referenced above. I will keep pressing for answers even if it doesn't get much traction. That's what I'm here for!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

I see this all the time. That's why I created my own database that combines info from every site that I can find. After working on it for months, I can honestly say that NAMUS is wrong more than any other site, which could be because it has so much info. It is an amazing site though, and I send them corrected info if I find it.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

A lot of the illegals in the area are very small in stature. They get medical care as needed at no cost from the US hospitals, so that would explain the rod in the leg. Not in anyway, shape or form trying to make this a political discussion, just trying to point out how it is in this area. Wild guess on my part is this is what they think they are dealing with.

Bump...

only 1 rule out...

Jimmy Rogers 1965 Georgia
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Tammie McCormick, 13, missing since 1986 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128676

Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, missing since 2007 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55811

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post

They have technology now that will allow them to restore desiccated or mummified skin, sometimes to the point where they can retrieve fingerprints.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by CherBearSTL View Post
    Thanks Carl! I agree with everything you said here. I really felt that the estmate of 5'0" was probably wrong. That's very short for a man.

Let me know if you hear anything. I appreciate your help!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    Ok, so I was reading back through my old posts and realized that I misread what CarlK said. I thought he was going to submit him. Oops! I will do it tonight.

No updates on Namus, but his dental x-rays are posted and DNA available.

He's been added to Doenet but no additional information. http://doenetwork.org/cases/1721umnm.html

Looking at the description of the injuries--I wonder if the fused ribs and broken leg could have caused him to be a lot shorter after the injury than he was before.

How did they get fingerprints from skeletal remains? I'm so confused

"Skeletal" doesn't necessarily mean there was no flesh at all left. Sometimes mummified skin can be soaked and restored enough to get a print. There may be other techniques as well. The technology these days is amazing.