NM NM - Deming, S of Rockhound State Park, Wht/HispMale 35-50, UP7092, metal rod in femur, Nov'06

CherBearSTL

Reaction score
I did not see a post for this man.

https://identifyus.org/cases/7092

UID white or hispanic male
Found - Nov. 16, 2006
Est. Date of death - 2004-2006
Age - 35-50
Height - est 60"
Medical: healed nasal bone fracture, left clavicle and ribs fused, right femur has healed fracture w/ stabilizing rod, all indicative of prior traumatic injury.
Clothing: pants, shoe, baseball cap
Dentals available - missing lower front 3 teeth antemortem
Rule out: Jimmy Rogers, Georgia

underwood_robert.jpg

Robert Pete Underwood Jr.
http://www.nampn.org/cases/underwood_robert.html

Missing Since: August 16, 2004 from Anne Arundel, Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Classification: Missing
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair Color: Gray/brown
Eye Color: Green
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: He walks with a bad limp. Moustache,
goatee. Scar forehead, scar right hip, scar right leg, scar abdomen. Orthopedic screw
in right hip, orthopedic rod in right leg.
Clothing: Ball cap, dark t-shirt size XL, blue shorts. Black dress shoes.

Except for the height, looks good. I'd drop them an e-mail on that one.

I'm a little suspicious of the 60 inch (5'0") height estimate for an adult male. It's not completely out of the question. I know a few guys that are that short, but I'm not sure that I would take it on faith that the estimate is accurate.

I'm surprised that they have fingerprints on file for a UID that may have been dead for "years".

I'm a little suspicious of the 60 inch (5'0") height estimate for an adult male. It's not completely out of the question. I know a few guys that are that short, but I'm not sure that I would take it on faith that the estimate is accurate.

I'm surprised that they have fingerprints on file for a UID that may have been dead for "years".

Thanks Carl! I agree with everything you said here. I really felt that the estmate of 5'0" was probably wrong. That's very short for a man.

Let me know if you hear anything. I appreciate your help!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

CherBearSTL, you might want to change your title in case someone does a search - it is "Deming" with one m. :eek:)))

Also, many illegals in this area, not sure if this case will be given much attention.

I don't think I can change the title. I believe the mods will have to.

I don't know that this guy was an illegal, so it's worth it to see if he may be the guy that I referenced above. I will keep pressing for answers even if it doesn't get much traction. That's what I'm here for!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

I see this all the time. That's why I created my own database that combines info from every site that I can find. After working on it for months, I can honestly say that NAMUS is wrong more than any other site, which could be because it has so much info. It is an amazing site though, and I send them corrected info if I find it.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

A lot of the illegals in the area are very small in stature. They get medical care as needed at no cost from the US hospitals, so that would explain the rod in the leg. Not in anyway, shape or form trying to make this a political discussion, just trying to point out how it is in this area. Wild guess on my part is this is what they think they are dealing with.

They have technology now that will allow them to restore desiccated or mummified skin, sometimes to the point where they can retrieve fingerprints.

Thanks Carl! I agree with everything you said here. I really felt that the estmate of 5'0" was probably wrong. That's very short for a man.

Let me know if you hear anything. I appreciate your help!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Ok, so I was reading back through my old posts and realized that I misread what CarlK said. :eek: I thought he was going to submit him. Oops! I will do it tonight.

No updates on Namus, but his dental x-rays are posted and DNA available.

He's been added to Doenet but no additional information. http://doenetwork.org/cases/1721umnm.html

Looking at the description of the injuries--I wonder if the fused ribs and broken leg could have caused him to be a lot shorter after the injury than he was before.

How did they get fingerprints from skeletal remains? I'm so confused

"Skeletal" doesn't necessarily mean there was no flesh at all left. Sometimes mummified skin can be soaked and restored enough to get a print. There may be other techniques as well. The technology these days is amazing.

[h=1]http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1721umnm.html
Unidentified Male[/h]Date of Discovery: November 16, 2006
Location of Discovery: Deming, Luna County, New Mexico
Estimated Date of Death: 2004-2006
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton. One or more limbs not recovered.
Cause of Death: Unknown
[h=5]Physical Description[/h]** Listed information is approximateEstimated Age: 35-50 years old
Race: White and/or Hispanic
Height: 5'0"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Healed fracture of the nasal bone. The left clavicle and ribs were fused as the result of a traumatic injury, possible a motor vehicle accident. The right femur has a healed fracture with a full length medullary stabilizing rod.
Dentals: Available. Dental radiographs available at NamUs link.
Fingerprints: Available on file at NMOMI.
DNA: Sample available - Not yet submitted.
[h=5]Clothing & Personal Items[/h]Clothing: Pants, one shoe, and a baseball cap were found approximately 300 yards away, per report.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
[h=5]Case History[/h]The skeletal remains of the decedent were found just south of Rockhound State Park in Deming, New Mexico, on November 16, 2006.
[h=5]Investigating Agency(s)[/h]If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: New Mexico State Medical Investigative Office
Agency Contact Person: Peter Loomis
Agency Phone Number: 505-272-3053

Namus has been updated to indicate his height at 60 inches (5 feet), which is short but plausible.

No other additions or changes that I could see.

One exclusion -
MP9349 Jimmy Rogers 05/01/2003 Laurens GA

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP7092
Male, Multiple
StatusUnidentified
Date Body FoundNovember 16, 2006
Location FoundDeming, New Mexico
Estimated Age Range35-50 Years

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number2006-05423

D
emographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years)35-50
Estimated Year of Death2004-2006
Estimated PMIYears
Height5' 0"(60 inches) , Estimated
WeightCannot Estimate

Circumstances

TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundNovember 16, 2006
NamUs Case CreatedMay 7, 2010
ME/C QA ReviewedMay 8, 2010

Location Found

LocationDeming, New Mexico
CountyLuna County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)32.18178N 107.60789W
Found On Tribal Land--

Circumstances of Recovery - Unknown

Inventory of RemainsOne or more limbs not recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Physical Description

Hair Color--
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color--
Right Eye Color--
Eye Description--

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing - Per report, approximately 300 yards away, pants, one shoe, and a baseball cap were found - Near the Body

Luna County Sheriff's Office
Address2462 J Street Southeast Deming, New Mexico 88030
CountyLuna County
Main Phone(575) 546-2655
General Email--
Website URLhttp://www.lunacountynm.us/government/sheriff_s_department/index.php

Peter Loomis, Forensic Odontologist
Relationship to Case--
Relationship Description--
Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
Address1 University of New Mexico MSC07 4040 Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131
CountyBernalillo County