FL FL - Vilet Torrez, 38, Miramar, 31 March 2012 *C. Torrez guilty*

SilkySifaka

Reaction score
"Police in Miramar, Fla., say they’re “very much concerned” about the fate of a mother of three who was last seen visiting a friend Friday evening.

Vilet Torrez, 38, was reported missing on Monday afternoon by her family."
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...da-police-search-for-missing-mother-of-3?lite

Split up with her husband just two months ago, he has the kids now since this was his weekend with them

Dad also says the kids were everything to her (and him). That even though they had disagreements they came together for the kids.

She was last seen having dinner with a friend and her car was found parked outside her apartment

Blanco called his sister a beautiful human being, a hard-working, religious woman and, mostly, a devoted mother. In fact, that's why no one believes Torrez would leave on her own without making an effort to contact her three children, whom she left with her estranged husband for the weekend.

"We've called her and called her (and) called her. We've left messages, and nothing," Torrez's husband, Cid, told Local 10's Roger Lohse on Tuesday.

He said his wife was supposed to come home Sunday night. He reported her missing Monday.

"He's been very cooperative. Every time we've wanted to speak to him, he's made himself available," said Miramar police Detective Jonathan Zeller.

Vilet Torrez works for a bath remodeling company. Police said she went to dinner with a co-worker Friday night. Her car was found in the parking lot of her condo complex on Saturday, but she didn't show up for any of her weekend appointments.

Snipped: http://www.local10.com/news/Search-continues-for-missing-woman/-/1717324/10216200/-/dvsmqcz/-/

120404-missing-torrez-vsmall-1120a.380;380;7;70.jpg

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...florida-police-search-for-missing-mother-of-3

Who was the last person to see her? Start there. The article says "a friend" had dinner with her on Friday night. Was this a female or a male friend? It says that she "was last seen leaving a friend’s house on Friday night". Did she actually leave that house? How much is this "friend" cooperating?

So scared for this lady.

Who was the last person to see her? Start there. The article says "a friend" had dinner with her on Friday night. Was this a female or a male friend? It says that she "was last seen leaving a friend’s house on Friday night". Did she actually leave that house? How much is this "friend" cooperating?

So scared for this lady.

Well one way or another her car got back to her apartment complex but that doesn't tell us who drove it. I think there is less attention too when its an older missing mom, older as in age, not her kids age.

I am lousy at finding facebooks or things so can't even look to see if she had any worries that she mentioned on it about someone.

Her kids must be missing her so much.

Torrez said his wife had a new boyfriend whom he had met and had been "around" since she was reported missing. It was unknown whether the person Vilet Torrez went to dinner with on Friday was her new date.

Her three children are 12, 7 and 4. Old enough to be scared about all this.

Well one way or another her car got back to her apartment complex but that doesn't tell us who drove it. I think there is less attention too when its an older missing mom, older as in age, not her kids age.

I am lousy at finding facebooks or things so can't even look to see if she had any worries that she mentioned on it about someone.

Her kids must be missing her so much.

I found her FB, its closed but the list of friends is open, no Rumors out there at this time IMO

Armed with a warrant, detectives went into Vilet Torrez's townhouse about 5:30 p.m.

Police said Vilet Torrez was last seen Friday night when she went to dinner with a male co-worker. It appears she made it home because her car was found in the parking lot of the housing complex but she didn't show up for any of her weekend work appointments. Cid Torrez reported her missing Monday after she didn't return to take care of the kids.

Cid Torrez spoke to reporters Tuesday butdidn't show up for the family's press conference at the police department Wednesday. Local 10 has also learned that he has hired an attorney, who told reporter Roger Lohse that Cid Torrez fully believes his wife is alive and he just wants her to come home.

However, the attorney would not say why Cid Torrez believes his wife is alive. Police also continue to say that Cid Torrez is cooperating with the investigation.

Snipped: http://www.local10.com/news/Police-...ome/-/1717324/10276464/-/10dl9qg/-/index.html

So scared for this lady.

From this article: http://www.local10.com/news/Police-...ome/-/1717324/10276464/-/10dl9qg/-/index.html it answers a few of your questions.

The dinner companion was a male co-worker.

It sounds like she DID go out to dinner and return home.

No idea about how much the friend is cooperating.

Are her car keys inside her home? Do we know if the co-worker picked her up from her place and her car would have been there anyway. IMO

Quote:
" Cid Torrez reported her missing Monday after she didn't return to take care of the kids."

Do they still live together? Was he at her condo looking after the kids?

Wow, I have swung back around. I was beginning to suspect the dinner partner, but I am back to the old statistics. I am worried about the husband now. He "thinks she is alive and just wants her to come home". I HATE this line!! I do not mind loved ones saying that they are holding onto hope, but when an estranged spouse utters these words, it sounds like they are claiming a runaway mother. Grrrr.

Wow, I have swung back around. I was beginning to suspect the dinner partner, but I am back to the old statistics. I am worried about the husband now. He "thinks she is alive and just wants her to come home". I HATE this line!! I do not mind loved ones saying that they are holding onto hope, but when an estranged spouse utters these words, it sounds like they are claiming a runaway mother. Grrrr.

And he has a lawyer...
Why would he have an opinion as to whether or not she was alive, anyway? No one knows what happened to her...that is always a creepy statement to hear, when it is from a former spouse, I agree...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back