1425 users online (264 members and 1161 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote:
    " Cid Torrez reported her missing Monday after she didn't return to take care of the kids."

Do they still live together? Was he at her condo looking after the kids?

Wow, I have swung back around. I was beginning to suspect the dinner partner, but I am back to the old statistics. I am worried about the husband now. He "thinks she is alive and just wants her to come home". I HATE this line!! I do not mind loved ones saying that they are holding onto hope, but when an estranged spouse utters these words, it sounds like they are claiming a runaway mother. Grrrr.
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

Quote Originally Posted by cocomod View Post
    Wow, I have swung back around. I was beginning to suspect the dinner partner, but I am back to the old statistics. I am worried about the husband now. He "thinks she is alive and just wants her to come home". I HATE this line!! I do not mind loved ones saying that they are holding onto hope, but when an estranged spouse utters these words, it sounds like they are claiming a runaway mother. Grrrr.
    And he has a lawyer...
    Why would he have an opinion as to whether or not she was alive, anyway? No one knows what happened to her...that is always a creepy statement to hear, when it is from a former spouse, I agree...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Search warrant issued for missing woman's home

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21007136104813/

Posted: Yesterday at 10:30 pm EDT
    Last Updated: Yesterday at 10:52 pm EDT

MIRAMAR, Fla. (WSVN) -- Police are still searching for a missing woman who has been missing since last Friday.

Judge upholds removal of children from care of missing Miramar woman's husband

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5328105.story

By Linda Trischitta, Sun Sentinel
    12:15 p.m. EDT, April 6, 2012

FORT LAUDERDALE— Two families on either side of a broken marriage in which the wife was last seen March 30 packed a Broward County courtroom Friday to hear a judge rule on who will care for the three children of Vilet and Cid Torrez.

Not crazy about HP as a source...but can't find anything else...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1408490.html

Husband not a "particular suspect" but is a "person of interest"...kids removed to be with her parents...

The kids were removed Thursday night after a confidential call was made to the Department of Children and Families that said Cid reportedly said he was going to get a gun and end it all.

“I heard exactly that,” Vilet Torrez’s brother, Javier Blanco said. “I’m gonna end it all.”

When pressed further, Blanco said he didn’t hear him say it, which Cid’s attorney said was simply hearsay.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported the couple had an on-and-off relationship in recent months and that Cid sometimes lived elsewhere.

Cid’s family said taking the kids away from their father isn’t fair.
    http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/04/06...g-miramar-mom/
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Miramar Police searched Cid Torrez's Miramar home and car Thursday and no gun was found, nor had he applied for a weapons permit, his lawyer Alvin Entin said.

Michelle Hester, a Broward Sheriff's investigator with Child Protective Services, called Cid Torrez "a person of interest" [in his wife's disappearance] and testified that the decision to remove the children from their paternal grandparents was based on the allegation made to DCF.

She also testified that she had not interviewed Torrez nor had she done a study of his home.

Entin said his client has not been charged with any crime and that there was no evidence of foul play regarding Vilet Torrez's disappearance.

Cid Torrez, 38, a manager with a dry ice company, will have an hour-long supervised Easter Sunday visit with V, 12; C, 7; and M, 4, at the ChildNet offices in Plantation.

Beginning next week, Torrez will have longer visits with the kids once an independent observer is in place, his lawyer said, and he will also seek full custody.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...,3686100.story

^^picture of Cid^^
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

I'm rather surprised that an investigator with CPS has the authority to publicly name a POI in a missing person's case prior to the police stating it as fact.

Also on Thursday, detectives executed a search warrant on Vilet Torrez' townhouse, appearing to examine closely bricks from around the front door before removing and bagging them for further investigation.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1408490.html

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    I'm rather surprised that an investigator with CPS has the authority to publicly name a POI in a missing person's case prior to the police stating it as fact.
    More than likely when talking to LE she was told he was a POI which any ex hubbie still in picture would be, coopertive or not.

She may not have realized LE didn't say it to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    They don't, IMO. I'm also disturbed by the anonymous call and the hearsay evidence that he had threatened to end his and the children's lives. This is B.S. That's just what the kids don't need, their mother is missing so they're removed from their daddy's care. Double whammy.
    LE states that he is not considered a suspect any more than anyone else and that he is cooperating.

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    They don't, IMO. I'm also disturbed by the anonymous call and the hearsay evidence that he had threatened to end his and the children's lives. This is B.S. That's just what the kids don't need, their mother is missing so they're removed from their daddy's care. Double whammy.
    LE states that he is not considered a suspect any more than anyone else and that he is cooperating.
    May be a kind of Josh Powell syndrome, better safe than sorry...

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    There is a very well established link between parental suicidal ideations and filicide. There is also a known correlation between domestic violence and child abuse. So if there is any veracity at all to the CPS allegation, anonymous or not, I think it would be negligent to have any other response than to remove the children until matters can better be sorted.

If he is responsible for his wife's disappearance those children are in danger. While CPS often gets these cases wrong I much prefer they get it wrong and infringe on parental rights rather than getting it wrong and children winding up dead.

Perhaps the family court judge can order a psych eval and child abuse assessment to determine Cid's ability to parent - especially considering the stress he must be experiencing. (Something I feel should happen in all custodial determinations anyway.) I know many will disagree but I find it refreshing to see CPS taking proactive measures in these missing mom cases. JMO

Missing woman's husband named person of interest

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/lo...n-of-interest/

Posted: Yesterday at 10:10 pm EDT
    Last Updated: Yesterday at 10:30 pm EDT

MIRAMAR, Fla. (WSVN) -- The estranged husband of a missing woman has been named a person of interest in the case.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast