649 users online (78 members and 571 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 126
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579

    Husband Named Person Of Interest

    LE testified in court Friday, telling the judge the husband is a 'POI' in his wife's disappearance.

    Those bricks LE were looking at in front of her home, had 'dark substance' on them. There's something on the front door or garage door, LE took samples of.

    The victim's sister said the couple have had a 'rocky relationship' from the get-go, it wasn't 'easy sailing.'

    Watch the video at below link. Very informative. fwiw I'm starting to fear the same old, same old. I'll wait for more to come out.

    Wonder if the husband stayed at home the entire night with the children?



    JMHO
    fran


    Missing woman's husband named person of interest

    http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/lo...n-of-interest/

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,780
    What a surprise...
    Just my opinion, of course.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,943
    Sounds to me like these two families, his and hers, are warring with each other. I just think they need a little more evidence to be able to remove the kids from the home. If more than one person actually heard him say it, good. If it's an angry in-law, they could be making it up.
    And I do know that distraught people will sometimes say things, make threats, that they end up regretting later on. I doubt that he intends to harm his kids but I could be wrong. But if CPS starts taking away people's kids any time one or another parent goes missing, it's going to be a huge mess. I don't think there are that many foster families in this country. But I guess in this case, her parents have them. At least they're with someone familiar.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,780
    Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    Sounds to me like these two families, his and hers, are warring with each other. I just think they need a little more evidence to be able to remove the kids from the home. If more than one person actually heard him say it, good. If it's an angry in-law, they could be making it up.
    And I do know that distraught people will sometimes say things, make threats, that they end up regretting later on. I doubt that he intends to harm his kids but I could be wrong. But if CPS starts taking away people's kids any time one or another parent goes missing, it's going to be a huge mess. I don't think there are that many foster families in this country. But I guess in this case, her parents have them. At least they're with someone familiar.
    Now that he is a POI, I think it is better to be safe, and probably, LE already knew whatever it is that is leading them to name him as a POI, when they removed the kids. I think that for a while, at least, we are probably going to see CPS/LE erring on the side of caution...JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...her-three.html

    saw this today. I know DM isn't really considered MSM here at WS but thought I'd share.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,619
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...hose-kids?lite

    Missing mom's friend: 'She would never leave those kids'
    ------------------------------------------------------------


    Tammie McCormick, 13, missing since 1986 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128676

    Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, missing since 2007 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55811

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    6,243
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Now that he is a POI, I think it is better to be safe, and probably, LE already knew whatever it is that is leading them to name him as a POI, when they removed the kids. I think that for a while, at least, we are probably going to see CPS/LE erring on the side of caution...JMO
    Those kids don't need to be 'josh powelled'; I'm glad they are safe.

    ****
    http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    ****
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

    www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    ****
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    up north
    Posts
    30,199

    Missing mom's friend: 'She would never leave those kids'

    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...ave-those-kids

    5 hours ago

    Missing Miramar, Fla. mother of three Vilet Torrez has not been seen or heard from in nine days, and her best friend, whom she has known for 11 years, is worried the case will have a tragic end.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,838
    Police Wrap Up Search of Home; No Sign of Missing Woman
    http://www.local10.com/news/No-sign-...z/-/index.html

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacie Estes View Post
    Those kids don't need to be 'josh powelled'; I'm glad they are safe.
    Right, that is what I was referencing...
    Just my opinion, of course.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    up north
    Posts
    30,199

    No sign of missing woman for 10 days

    http://www.local10.com/news/No-sign-...z/-/index.html

    Author: Roger Lohse, Local 10 Reporter, rlohse@Local10.com
    Published On: Apr 09 2012 05:56:55 PM EDT

    MIRAMAR, Fla. -Police have wrapped up their search of the home owned by Vilet Torrez, who's been missing for 10 days.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorful Colorado
    Posts
    2,184
    I hope they find a lead soon, or have one that has not been made public....

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,626
    bumping for Vilet! <3
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
    ~ Maya Angelou

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    up north
    Posts
    30,199

    Police, Family Continue To Look For Missing Miramar Woman

    http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/P...146874145.html

    By Christina Hernandez | Tuesday, Apr 10, 2012 | Updated 6:56 PM EDT

    Vilet Torrez, 38, a mother of three, has not been seen for 11 days

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,838
    After executing a search warrant at Torrez's home and looking through nearby surveillance video, police said they still have no leads and no suspects.
    Snipped: http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/P...146874145.html

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased TX - Eric Torrez, 41, Abilene, 23 July 2017 *Arrests*
    By LisaWL7TR in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-16-2017, 09:22 PM
  2. CO CO - Nicholle Torrez, 27, Denver, 15 Dec 2006
    By Rle7 in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-03-2016, 03:13 PM
  3. GUILTY CA - Cathy Torrez, 20, Cal State student, murdered, Fullerton, 12 February 1994
    By zwiebel in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2015, 04:59 PM
  4. Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #2 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 873
    Last Post: 03-24-2012, 01:51 PM

Tags for this Thread