Baby Lisa's Mom Calls KMBC's Kris Ketz

Deborah says that she doesn't care if people don't think she's cooperating and she doesn't feel a need to go on TV. She also says that Bill Stanton put together a team to find Lisa, but she won't say what they are doing.

But, but, but...Deborah refuses to talk to the media...how can this be? :rolleyes:

I think someone has been lurking here perhaps...:eek:

But, but, but...Deborah refuses to talk to the media...how can this be? :rolleyes:

Her relationship with the media is still shady. She goes two months without talking to them, and when she does, she refuses to talk about pretty much every aspect of the case.

Her relationship with the media is still shady. She goes two months without talking to them, and when she does, she refuses to talk about pretty much every aspect of the case.

it took two months to figure out what to say?

I'm going to post a very unpopular opinion and I'm going to base it on my own experience although it had nothing to do with a missing person.

Have you ever been questioned by an authority on your possible involvement of a crime solely based on being related in one way or another to the person of interest or victim? Well, I have. It just so happened that it was while I was a soldier. I had absolutely nothing to do with the crime, my only involvement was dating the person of interest. There was zero proof of my involvement and yet I was "taken in for questioning" from my job in a squad car after having been made to surrender my leatherman multi-tool to my 1SG. I was printed, photographed and grilled over and over by detectives who said horrible things to me because I dated the person of interest and also because I was divorced and taking Prozac for depression. I was threatened to confess or get an article 15 and was told I would be required to go undercover in the local rave scene drug to rat out soldiers who used or dealt drugs and that I would have no protection from CID and would not be reassigned elsewhere. I did not confess to anything because I was innocent and offered to take a polygraph on spot when they tried to scare me with it. Even though I was never booked or "arrested" I was made a public spectacle in front of my entire company the next day and was then forever dubbed a troublemaker and lost the respect of my peers. When CID approached me again I refused to talk to them any more. Why should I have? They had horse blinders on. Inevitably that ended my career as a soldier. Because I was injured my unit found a way to pencil whip me out even though I had already re-enlisted and was on orders to PCS. My life fell apart and it took me almost 10 years to rebuild everything I lost.

You probably think I'm over exaggerating or lying. I assure you I am not. Thankfully the report the detectives made did not "incriminate" me as I have had my own background check done and written to the Department of The Army for an official statement for when I was applying to law schools. My point here is: What IF Deborah is innocent? Yes, I agree she fouled up a lot with her drinking and inconsistencies, but honestly I'm not sure how I would have reacted in her shoes. I do know that given my prior experience and the fact that I have severe ADHD that was left untreated until age 35 that I can tell how someone who is scattered like myself could appear hinky or guilty when in fact they may not be. I truly think either way, innocent or guilty, that having Deb speak to the media or LE will not help her. She has already been convicted in the eyes of many and it does seem to me LE think she killed her daughter even if they wont outright say it. So, if I knew I was innocent and they were so convinced I was guilty, no matter what I said or did would make any difference. So I wouldn't talk anymore. She could tell LE in private the same things she told them before and then feel ganged up when they beat a dead horse trying to get her to say what they want to hear. I have enough friends and family members in varying departments of law enforcement to know that this absolutely does happen in some cases. I don't blame Deb one bit for not going to speak with LE alone, not even with her lawyer. That would just give people more fuel to point towards her guilt at this point. Again, this is all just my opinion.

I'm going to post a very unpopular opinion and I'm going to base it on my own experience although it had nothing to do with a missing person.

Have you ever been questioned by an authority on your possible involvement of a crime solely based on being related in one way or another to the person of interest or victim? Well, I have. It just so happened that it was while I was a soldier. I had absolutely nothing to do with the crime, my only involvement was dating the person of interest. There was zero proof of my involvement and yet I was "taken in for questioning" from my job in a squad car after having been made to surrender my leatherman multi-tool to my 1SG. I was printed, photographed and grilled over and over by detectives who said horrible things to me because I dated the person of interest and also because I was divorced and taking Prozac for depression. I was threatened to confess or get an article 15 and was told I would be required to go undercover in the local rave scene drug to rat out soldiers who used or dealt drugs and that I would have no protection from CID and would not be reassigned elsewhere. I did not confess to anything because I was innocent and offered to take a polygraph on spot when they tried to scare me with it. Even though I was never booked or "arrested" I was made a public spectacle in front of my entire company the next day and was then forever dubbed a troublemaker and lost the respect of my peers. When CID approached me again I refused to talk to them any more. Why should I have? They had horse blinders on. Inevitably that ended my career as a soldier. Because I was injured my unit found a way to pencil whip me out even though I had already re-enlisted and was on orders to PCS. My life fell apart and it took me almost 10 years to rebuild everything I lost.

You probably think I'm over exaggerating or lying. I assure you I am not. Thankfully the report the detectives made did not "incriminate" me as I have had my own background check done and written to the Department of The Army for an official statement for when I was applying to law schools. My point here is: What IF Deborah is innocent? Yes, I agree she fouled up a lot with her drinking and inconsistencies, but honestly I'm not sure how I would have reacted in her shoes. I do know that given my prior experience and the fact that I have severe ADHD that was left untreated until age 35 that I can tell how someone who is scattered like myself could appear hinky or guilty when in fact they may not be. I truly think either way, innocent or guilty, that having Deb speak to the media or LE will not help her. She has already been convicted in the eyes of many and it does seem to me LE think she killed her daughter even if they wont outright say it. So, if I knew I was innocent and they were so convinced I was guilty, no matter what I said or did would make any difference. So I wouldn't talk anymore. She could tell LE in private the same things she told them before and then feel ganged up when they beat a dead horse trying to get her to say what they want to hear. I have enough friends and family members in varying departments of law enforcement to know that this absolutely does happen in some cases. I don't blame Deb one bit for not going to speak with LE alone, not even with her lawyer. That would just give people more fuel to point towards her guilt at this point. Again, this is all just my opinion.

First of all, THANK YOU for your service to our country. I'm just a 'brat' myself. ;)

I agree with you that interrogations get out of hand. I'm glad you were able to get through it and sorry for the trouble you had afterward. I do believe that they tried to get Deborah to confess when there was nothing to confess to. Being buzzed doesn't make one a baby murderer.

Similar horse, different race than you pinkdragon, I was accused of grand theft, followed by one particular LE officer for over six months, even though I had an alibi it was never checked out, and none of the other 6 people who were at the location the same time I was were never taken in and questioned. I was asked if I would take a LDT and I said I would not only consent to one, I would demand I be given one to clear my name, I had to wait 6 months for that to happen. Meanwhile I lost my job over the accusations, lost some friends and I'm sure there are still some that believe I was the culprit to this day despite the lack of investigation and a squeaky clean record.
When I was given the LDT the first time, the questions were coming at me as accusations, so of course my BP went through the roof. I had a face to face argument with the LDT operator, demanded a second poly and this time it was more civil on his part and I passed. The officer who had been harrassing me for that time period was told to look eslewhere and that any further harrassment would be dealt with seriously. A few nights later I was pulled from private property and charged with "having open liquor in a public place" The fact of the matter was I was having a beer on a friend's deck. I lodged a complaint the next morning and the officer was transferred to parts unknown within a week. So I can sympathize with you.

ETA: No need to slueth that, since I was not charged there is no record :p

Similar horse, different race than you pinkdragon, I was accused of grand theft, followed by one particular LE officer for over six months, even though I had an alibi it was never checked out, and none of the other 6 people who were at the location the same time I was were never taken in and questioned. I was asked if I would take a LDT and I said I would not only consent to one, I would demand I be given one to clear my name, I had to wait 6 months for that to happen. Meanwhile I lost my job over the accusations, lost some friends and I'm sure there are still some that believe I was the culprit to this day despite the lack of investigation and a squeaky clean record.
When I was given the LDT the first time, the questions were coming at me as accusations, so of course my BP went through the roof. I had a face to face argument with the LDT operator, demanded a second poly and this time it was more civil on his part and I passes. The officer who had been harrassing me for that time period was told to look eslewhere and that any further harrassment would be dealt with seriously. A few nights later I was pulled from private property and charged with "having open liquor in a public place" The fact of the matter was I was having a beer on a friend's deck. I lodged a complaint the next morning and the officer was transferred to parts unknown within a week. So I can sympathize with you.

I've had a couple of 'Driving While NDN' stops and field sobriety tests when I was stone cold sober, no interrogation rooms though. Lived with a cop for a few years. The times he went in to cop mode I went shopping, wasn't interested in the 'tude or the paranoia.

When I was given the LDT the first time, the questions were coming at me as accusations, so of course my BP went through the roof. I had a face to face argument with the LDT operator, demanded a second poly and this time it was more civil on his part and I passed. The officer who had been harrassing me for that time period was told to look eslewhere and that any further harrassment would be dealt with seriously. A few nights later I was pulled from private property and charged with "having open liquor in a public place" The fact of the matter was I was having a beer on a friend's deck. I lodged a complaint the next morning and the officer was transferred to parts unknown within a week. So I can sympathize with you.

ETA: No need to slueth that, since I was not charged there is no record :p

:D I was about to do an Intellius search. oh well........

I gotta crash, I am tired.......Jacie Estes [real name] signing out. ;)

Nite Jacie, I have to get up early tomorrow so I'm off to bed soon too.

I've had a couple of 'Driving While NDN' stops and field sobriety tests when I was stone cold sober, no interrogation rooms though. Lived with a cop for a few years. The times he went in to cop mode I went shopping, wasn't interested in the 'tude or the paranoia.

Didn't happen to me but it happened to my brother. When we were young (18-19) he had a 70 Chevelle SS. He kept getting pulled over in the middle of the day and given DUI test's for no reason. He always passed because he was stone cold sober. We only could surmise that it was the car that caused the police to suspect him doing something wrong. Man that car was cool.

BBM.
Hi Jacie Estes,
Sorry but what does "NDN" mean?
TIA!

Somebody ought to knock off the chip sitting on DB's shoulder..

The reporter says in the video that the police privately still have doubts about her story. Is there a recent interview with the police?

So basically what we have here are two different sets of people. Ones who have good experiences with LE and some who haven't. Those who like LE and those who have a beef. Those who had a beef with LE will generally doubt what LE says and transfer their experiences to DB/JI and sympathize with them and give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have to wonder about girls who marry LE and don't like them based on their job. Suddenly they don't want to hear what they did that night/day. I knew somebody who called her LE husband stupid because he didn't know she did crack cocaine. I have thoughts on this, but this thread is not the time or place.

So basically what we have here are two different sets of people. Ones who have good experiences with LE and some who haven't. Those who like LE and those who have a beef. Those who had a beef with LE will generally doubt what LE says and transfer their experiences to DB/JI and sympathize with them and give them the benefit of the doubt.

On that, I have also had good experiences with LE, specifically as a witness. I just call it as I see it and yes I do relate my experience and can give benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I respect everyone's opinion, I just don't agree with all of them.

ETA: I too have no problem with LE. There are bad apples in every profession and sometimes unethical tactics do get the job done. I just think having tunnel vision from day one and refusing to truly look into other possibilities while still keeping an eye out is counterproductive. I truly feel they are just waiting for her to come in and confess.

I have no problem with law enforcement so I don't fit your theory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back