Fire in Manorville, April 2012 -- Arson?

Jenny9

Reaction score
Suffolk detectives were alerted Wednesday evening to the discovery of bones in a wooded area in Yaphank, police said, but no determination was immediately on whether the remains were human.

The bones were found in an area off Gerard Road near Patchogue-Yaphank Road, police said.

A forensics expert was called in Wednesday night to determine whether the bones were human or from an animal, police said.this is the william floyd pkwy exit 68 off sunrise hwy,one exit west of manorville.this area is where the shooting range is and lso southaven park.its more like shirley then yaphank.

Suffolk detectives were alerted Wednesday evening to the discovery of bones in a wooded area in Yaphank, police said, but no determination was immediately on whether the remains were human.

The bones were found in an area off Gerard Road near Patchogue-Yaphank Road, police said.

A forensics expert was called in Wednesday night to determine whether the bones were human or from an animal, police said.this is the william floyd pkwy exit 68 off sunrise hwy,one exit west of manorville.this area is where the shooting range is and lso southaven park.its more like shirley then yaphank.

"Police: Bones found in Yaphank woods not human remains
(04/05/12) YAPHANK - Police say bones that were found in the woods in Yaphank are not human remains.
The bones were found in a heavily wooded area off Gerard Road near Patchogue-Yaphank Road last night.
It is not clear what kind of animal bones they are.
This morning, police tell News 12 Long Island they are definitely not human"

from news12

So that's why the LISK has gone quiet. He hasn't stopped killing, he's just murdering deer now!

So that's why the LISK has gone quiet. He hasn't stopped killing, he's just murdering deer now!

how did you know it was a male deer in woman's clothes that died of ligature strangulation? that wasn't supposed to get out.

how did you know it was a male deer in woman's clothes that died of ligature strangulation? that wasn't supposed to get out.

What are you implying? I don't have to answer these outrageous questions! I have rights! You hear me? Rights!!!

This just in, LISK starts brushfire northwest of manorville dump sites during heavy North West winds hoping to destroy evidence on the 15 victims we still haven't found in Manorville.

It wouldn't be that far fetched if they do find remains while tending to the fires.

It wouldn't be that far fetched if they do find remains while tending to the fires.

I know it's almost too perfect a location for that fire, and the winds will sweep it straight towards Manorville's area of interest.

This just in, LISK starts brushfire northwest of manorville dump sites during heavy North West winds hoping to destroy evidence on the 15 victims we still haven't found in Manorville.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/li-firefighters-tackle-huge-brush-fire-1.3650232?qr=1&qr=1
Updated around 5:00 PM "...Flames are consuming acres of brush and vegetation in Ridge and Manorville, racing along the northern edge of the Brookhaven National Lab..."

Even if it was an accident or unintentional fire, it is possible a person dumping yet another body or other evidence could have dropped a ciggie. Or it could always be from a cig tossed randomly off the LIE. Then again, some pagan youth with painted rocks might be the culprits. But if I were to bet, my money would be on a deliberate effort to destroy evidence of past or recent crimes.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/li-firefighters-tackle-huge-brush-fire-1.3650232?qr=1&qr=1
Updated around 5:00 PM "...Flames are consuming acres of brush and vegetation in Ridge and Manorville, racing along the northern edge of the Brookhaven National Lab..."

Even if it was an accident or unintentional fire, it is possible a person dumping yet another body or other evidence could have dropped a ciggie. Or it could always be from a cig tossed randomly off the LIE. Then again, some pagan youth with painted rocks might be the culprits. But if I were to bet, my money would be on a deliberate effort to destroy evidence of past or recent crimes.

Maybe. Or uncover evidence.

Due to a drought of unusual proportions for this part of country along with the sheer amount and thickness of dry, "fuel" in the form of highly flammable pine trees and consistent winds the situation was ripe to happen. There are also currently fires burning nearby in Staten Island, New Jersey, and PA. There is always a chance that the sk started the fire in the Pine Barrens. But, I think the chances are much greater that a person accidentally or intentionality set the fires without the starter(s) being the sk.

That being said, I wouldn't doubt that the firefighters may stumble upon human remains related or unrelated to the lisk;).

The fire actually started as two fires at different locations that merged into one giant fire.

Any thoughts on this?

Thoughts? Well I for one have started smoking on my commute along OP, dutchmasters by the dozen, backwood, cloves, roman candles, just the filterless brands, they last the longest.

Riverhead local
Wildfire burns more than 2,000
acres, injures three firefighters
LAST UPDATED ON MONDAY, APRIL 09 2012 21:49
MONDAY, APRIL 09 2012 20:58
WRITTEN BY DENISE CIVILETTI
http://www.riverheadlocal.com/break...re-than-2000-acres-injures-three-firefighters

"The Ridge fire started on the grounds of Brookhaven National Laboratory at about 2:30 Monday afternoon. The second fire started in Manorville. The two combined to threaten homes and businesses, forcing he evacuation of the area between the Peconic River and Grumman Boulevard from Wading River-Manor Road to Edwards Avenue, according to Riverhead Police Lt. David Lessard."

"Riverhead firefighters Monday afternoon battled a third fire inside the fence at the Calverton Enterprise Park, the former site of Grumman Aerospace in Calverton."

"Dry grasses and brush, dry air and strong, gusty winds combined to create the perfect conditions for the spread of wildfires, according to the National Weather Service, which posted a "Red Flag Warning" for wildfire risk early Monday morning, the second such warning for Long Island in 72 hours."

Thank you!

so some of the recent fires were committed by an arsonist.........

so some of the recent fires were committed by an arsonist.........

Hey tater, you are pretty good. Turns out the DEC has declared the Manorville fire an act of arson. Before everyone starts blaming that fire on the lisk, note there is a conflict of interest because the DEC was being blamed for not doing controlled burns so they would certainly like it to be arson. What do the police think? Yep you got it, "undetermined", they can't conclude from the evidence if it was arson or not. I would hate to go out to lunch with the SCPD, it would take an eternity just to decide what to have.

"You guys ready to order?"

"I don't know, mmmm burger, tuna salad, maybe da meatloaf...oooohhhh, I just can't determine anything"

"DEC classifies Manorville wildfire as arson

(05/02/12) MANORVILLE - The wildfire that charred about 1,100 acres in Manorville and Ridge last month has been classified as arson in a preliminary report by the state's Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).

Suffolk police, however, say they are still investigating. In a statement, police said, "At this point in time, the fire is still undetermined by the SCPD. It doesn't appear the fire was started from natural causes, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was intentional."

The fast-moving fire broke out in the woods by the Brookhaven National Lab and quickly moved into Manorville, prompting residents to be evacuated and officials to declare a state of emergency. More than 100 Long Island fire departments responded."

http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=318412&position=1&news_type=news

"This is my swingset and this is my sand box. I'm not allowed to go in the deep end. That's where I saw the leprechaun. He tells me to burn things."

-Ralph Wiggum-

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back