Picerno on KMBZ radio April 4th

askfornina

Reaction score
So....what are we to gather from this? DB, herself, said she failed a LDT. No one said it for her. I guess it means....she lied, at least once. Probably more than once.

Why in the world would you say you did something (took and then failed a LDT) when, apparently, you've done neither of those things?

I hope the KCPD makes a statement regarding this now that Debbie's attorney has opened it up.

So....what are we to gather from this? DB, herself, said she failed a LDT. No one said it for her. I guess it means....she lied, at least once. Probably more than once.

Why in the world would you say you did something (took and then failed a LDT) when, apparently, you've done neither of those things?

That's one of the things about being a liar. I know from the ones I've dealt with over time that they lie and lie and lie and lie some more.
I really think she has some mental issues.

MOO

good_grief.gif

Picerno: "Nope. Never taken and never failed. That's a common police tactic during an interrogation to try and get people to confess."
That makes no sense to me.

I mean, I understand that people who take the polygraph might be told by the police that they failed, to get them to confess. But how the heck would that work if DB never took one? "Hey, Deb, you know, that polygraph you never took... you failed it! Now please confess."

Maybe the reporter misunderstood somehow.

For reference (from the statements thread):
Dr.Phil: Were you told that you failed a LDT?

DB: I was told that.

Dr.Phil: -Do you know whether you did or not-

DB: -I have not seen the results. And my lawyer - they would- they did not confirm it with my lawyer, and they did not show me the results.

JoeT: No. I spoke to them about that, Dr. Phil, and, of course, you know, they said, "Well, we never said she failed a polygraph test." We never said she failed a polygraph test. Well, somebody did tell her that. And, you know, I understand LE tactics. As a former LE official, I would oftentimes - and understand that detectives are permitted to give misinformation to people during interviews for interrogation purposes. I thought maybe, perhaps they thought if they told her that, she would crumple onto the floor and say, "Okay, fine, I did it." That didn't happen. She didn't fail a polygraph test, number one. Number two, you know, whether or not they did tell her that or they were authorized to, it was confirmed to me that, in fact, there was no failed polygraph by Deborah. And again, that's just another one of those facts that was put out there and, unfortunately, bandied about for about a week, which gives people a misperception and also distract, distracts from the real evidence in this case.

Dr.Phil: So let me be very clear, she did not fail a polygraph when they asked her, "Do you know what happened to your baby?" She did not fail that polygraph, although it's been reported that she was told she did?

JoeT: That is 100% accurate. She did not fail a polygraph, and I defy them to show us a failed polygraph. They told me she didn't.

RR: “And you’ve also told our team that the, the police, they are claiming that you’ve failed a polygraph test. Is that true?”

DB: “Yeah. Yeah, um, yesterday we went in, or we um, we called, um, someone and told them we, we, we have more, um, suspects. It seemed like they were, um, gonna talk to us in the car, and then they separated us. We don’t want anybody to feel like we, um, we were angry or, or, ungrateful. Um, we, we appreciate everything that everybody has done to try to bring her home, and uh, that’s our main goal. I don’t, I don’t care what they’ve done to me, I don’t care what they say about me, I don’t care what anybody says about me. I just want her to come home. Our, our focus is Lisa, is our Lisa coming home to be with us where she belongs. And whatever I have to do to get her home, we’ll do it.”

Q: Let me ask you a couple of other direct questions. Have both of you taken lie detector tests, polygraphs, as part of this investigation?

DB: I have. I volunteered.

JI: I have not.

Q: What were the results of that?

DB: They said that I failed. And I continue to say that's not possible because I have -- I don't know where she's at. This -- I did not do this and if...

Q: Did they say specifically what question you...

DB: Some of the stuff they said was...

Q: Did they say specifically what question you may have failed on?

DB: I don't remember which one it was, but they just kept saying I failed, I failed and I said that's not possible, and, I mean, what do -- what do you say when someone tells you -- when someone tells you that and you know that you didn't do anything.
JP: “So what happened on, uh, with the discussion of the lie detector? You said that they told you that you failed it?”

DB: “They just said that, you, uh, you, you failed the test. Cause I asked them, you know, I said, how did I do, what’s…And he says, um, you failed. And, I’m like, that’s not possible. What do you, what do you mean I failed? And you failed, you, you killed her, you know where she’s at, and, I mean, um, I’ve, I heard, I heard it, um, Tuesday too, and I mean, it’s not the first…”

JP: “When did you take the lie detector?”

DB: “Um, yesterday.”

JP: “Okay, so it’s, um, okay, so that was two days after she was missing. So, um, and then they tell you that you failed it. What do you think of this, Jeremy? They tell you that your wife, mother of your baby, failed a lie detector. How, how does that make you feel?”

JI: “It, it didn’t, it didn’t really make me feel anything. It doesn’t change anything. I, I don’t, there was never any doubt in my mind, so it, I literally just told them I don’t care, and…”

JP: “She’s a great mother?”

JI: “She’s a great, great mother.”

JP: “When they told you that you failed, you indicated in published reports, you know, that they weren’t very nice about it, is that correct?”

DB: “Right.”

JP: “You apparently got agitated with that, is that true, Jeremy?”

JI: “Um, no, not really. I mean, we were, we were kind of upset, but, I mean, its…”

DB: “How are you supposed to react when somebody tells you something like that and you know it’s not true? You…”

Reporter: Deborah says she volunteered on Tuesday to take a lie detector test, but police didn't administer one until Thursday.

DB: I said, I'll take it right now. I said it the first day.

Reporter: Admitting that police told her she failed, she said it's not possible.

DB: They showed me the picture and he just asked a whole bunch of questions and um, I told him everything that I knew. I told him um, everything that I, you know, remember to be correct.

Reporter: Jeremy says Monday was the first time he ever worked an overnight shift and wonders who might have known his schedule.

JI: Who knew where I was? Who knew I wasn't home?
Reporter: But he says he has never wavered in his belief that Deborah is innocent of anything to do with Lisa's disappearance despite the results of the lie detector test.

JI: I don't care. I told them I don't care. Um, it- it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter at all.

Reporter: They both say their only concern is bringing baby Lisa back home.

DB: We don't care what anybody has to say about us. We don't care what anybody thinks about us. Our main goal is to bring Lisa home.

~~~~~

Q: You know when people hear about that polygraph test they start to wonder; Did you harm Lisa?

DB: Absolutely not. No.

<cut>

JI: There's no doubt in my mind whatsoever, so.

<cut>

DB: They said "you failed" and I, shock. Just like every other thing that I found out that doesn't make sense or- shock. It's not possible.

Q: Why do you think you failed?

DB: I don't think I failed.

Reporter: When asked if stress caused her to fail the lie detector test,

Deborah simply said..

DB: I..I-I don't know. I-I don't know.

Reporter: Deborah went on to tell us that even before the polygraph, detectives accused her of doing something to Lisa.
PA: &#8220;You told us that police said that you failed a lie detector test. What question or questions did they say you failed?&#8221;

DB: &#8220;They said that I failed when they asked me where she was.&#8221;
DA: &#8220;I began by asking Deborah about how she learned that she&#8217;d apparently failed a lie detector test.&#8221;

DB: &#8220;He said, &#8216;You failed,&#8217; And I said, &#8216;Failed what? What question did I fail?&#8217; And they, he said, &#8216;You failed the one where you know where your daughter&#8217;s at.&#8217; And I said, &#8216;That&#8217;s not possible. I don&#8217;t know where she&#8217;s at.&#8217; And I just proceeded to come unglued. That&#8217;s not possible, freaking out, telling them no, and he looked in my face, and he said, &#8216;I&#8217;ve met bad mothers like you.&#8217; And proceeded to say something, probably along the lines of I need to tell the truth or&#8230;It&#8217;s hard to hear that, but if it means I have to go through all this to get her back, I don&#8217;t care. &#8220;

DA: &#8220;Would you take another lie detector test?&#8221;

DB: &#8220;Yeah. Why not?&#8221;

Maybe she thought the questioning done by LE WAS the LDT? Her defense being, "Well, I had never taken a LDT before, I didn't know how it worked...."

Quite a leap, but I'm all for giving the benefit of the doubt -- at least, where it seems logical.

Maybe she thought the questionng done by LE WAS the LDT? Her defense being, "Well, I had never taken a LDT before, I didn't know how it worked...."

Quite a leap, but I'm all for giving the benefit of the doubt -- at least, where it seems logical.

That might work if she is somehow mentally impaired.

The existence of the reward appears to be iffy for evermore...
Still somewhat murky is the $100,000 reward that New York private detective Bill Stanton referenced. Where it's deposited -- if at all -- is unknown, and there was no collaboration with the TIPS Hotline.

So DB is a) saying that there is a $100.000 reward for tips on her website and b) directing tips on her website to the Tips hotline that knows nothing about said reward.

Goodgrief3.jpg

The lawyer is lying...just like the other one has in the past. They figure that since LE isn't coming out and confirming or denying, that this is fair game to do. They are taking chances. That's what defense lawyers do.

I'm surely not standing up for DB and saying she is not a liar, because I think she is. I just have heard lies from both of these attorneys and this is just another one.

I can't find the audio for this. I'm not sure if it will be posted. Here are two articles from the KMBZ site.

http://www.kmbz.com/pages/12751271.php?contentType=4&contentId=10338313

http://www.kmbz.com/pages/12747044.php?contentType=4&contentId=10334506

:waitasec:

Um, somewhere there may be a polygraph administrator scratching their head this morning.

Someone needs to ask DB point blank if she was hooked up to a polygraph apparatus and questioned. If she were, there should be an official log of it. Possible video. Good gravy. Nuttiness.

I wonder if there is a disconnect between the lawyers because JT kinda implied that DB took a polygraph when he denied that she failed it. (Although I guess it would be true she didn't fail if she didn't take one...)

Hopefully there is audio to confirm what JP really said because this is just mindnumbing.

The lawyer is lying...just like the other one has in the past. They figure that since LE isn't coming out and confirming or denying, that this is fair game to do. They are taking chances. That's what defense lawyers do.

I'm surely not standing up for DB and saying she is not a liar, because I think she is. I just have seen lies from both of these attorneys and this is just another one.
I'd be so ticked if an attorney made me look like a freaking idot, and himself, too! Dumb move! The attorney for saying it and Debbie and Jeremy for keeping him on. Again.....Dumb move!

MOO

Yeah, I'm thinking the attorneys aren't communicating. Not very impressed with them, to be honest.

Here is a quote from Picerno from February, after the Dr.Phil show.

http://fox4kc.com/2012/02/03/irwins-metro-lawyer-pleased-following-familys-dr-phil-appearance/

Reporter: He was also happy to see Tacopina and Deborah publicly announce that Deborah didn't fail a lie detector test in the days after Lisa disappeared even though she was told she did.

Picerno: That is one of the ways that they get people to confess to a crime. It was used in this instance uh- um, to her and the fact of the matter is it didn't happen. She did not fail it.

Another quote from Picerno on MK before the Dr.Phil show.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/02/0...st-time-in-months-ahead-of-dr-phil-interview/

MK: Bill Stanton, he says that one of the big pieces of news to come out in the interview is that Joe Tacopina says police told him that Deborah did not fail a lie detector test, that that was not true. Whether they told her that or not, they told her that apparently, but they say in fact she never failed a lie detector test. Is that your information as well?

Picerno: It's my understanding, and that is a classic uh- police interrogation technique. It's not unusual. We see it from time to time in the cases that we defend on a regular basis, and that is my understanding of what happened here.

Maybe he misspoke or the reporter misquoted him.

I mean, it doesn't even make sense why he'd say that DB didn't take the polygraph because it is more advantageous to her to say she did agree to take it and if she passed all the better.

snipped from : http://www.kmbz.com/pages/12747044.php?contentType=4&contentId=10334506

Deborah Bradley's attorney claims she never took a lie detector test, even though she admitted to failing one on 'The Today Show' last October.

Picerno: "Lie detector, never happened. Never took it. Never failed it." Dana: "That's good to know. John, there was never a lie detector test?" Picerno: "Nope. Never taken and never failed. ..."

All I have to say is this :

:needdrink: :needdrink: :needdrink:

MOO ... :moo:

Remember when there was this discussion between DB and a reporter somewhere?
(Sorry, I'm not finding the exact words)

The person asked her if she knew what question she failed and she said something about the question about knowing WHERE Lisa was. DB knew enough to know that a polygraph examiner asks questions. DB follows these cases. She knows what a poly is. The attorney is lying...pure and simple.

And, yes, I would be pizzed if an attorney made me look like an idiot, but I would never be in that situation in the first place. Sounds like there is a lot of turmoil in that family about what to do, what not to do - who to answer to, who not to answer to - and who to listen to, who not to listen to. Hopefully this strife will lead to DB finally coming forth to tell LE where Lisa is. But, being the narcissistic and obviously mentally impaired person that DB appears to be, I doubt there is a chance of that.

Here:
PA: &#8220;You told us that police said that you failed a lie detector test. What question or questions did they say you failed?&#8221;

DB: &#8220;They said that I failed when they asked me where she was.&#8221;

Doesn't Picerno represent Jeremy too? Is he maybe referring to Jeremy? I can't figure out from the quote if he's talking about Deb or Jeremy. Super confusing.

Um, somewhere there may be a polygraph administrator scratching their head this morning.

Someone needs to ask DB point blank if she was hooked up to a polygraph apparatus and questioned. If she were, there should be an official log of it. Possible video. Good gravy. Nuttiness.

I do believe that LE can & does use this as an investigative tool. Especially in the case of missing children.
More often than not, the parents are involved.

I would think that you could be hooked up to an apparatus, ask questions, ...without it being an actual Polygraph exam. Then told that you failed some questions.

IMO it doesn't make sense to me to give a parent an actual polygraph in the first days of a missing child investigation. They would be much too emotional. and stressed. I wouldn't think the results could or would be accurate.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back