Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #6 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
tdy-120320-sierra-lamar-2p.grid-5x2.jpg

Sierra LaMar, 15, has been missing since Friday, March 16. She left home early that morning to walk to her bus stop for school. Her cell phone was found along a local roadway shortly after, and her purse/bag was also found later.
Facebook page - www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

The parents and the mother's boyfriend have been cleared. Sleuthing them and speculating about their involvement is off limits.
No arguing, and be respectful of other posters. One opinion is no more valuable than another, and we're each entitled to our own.
Posting links to Twitter accounts and FB pages of individuals other than the victim (and suspect if one is eventually named) is against the rules. Keep in mind that many of Sierra's friends are minors.

Quote:
Social Networks
...social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Case Map (Thanks, Wondergirl!)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...934,0.030041&z=14&source=embed&mid=1332261677

PREVIOUS THREADS:
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Sierra LaMar Expands, Adds QR Code
The search for the teen will spill into towns near Morgan Hill.

Snipped

Another way to collect and disseminate information in the search for the Morgan Hill teen is the use of a QR code -- a scannable graphic that links to an existing website.

Snipped

LaMar's mother and father won't be participating in any more searches for their daughter. The Sheriff's Office has advised against this, to protect them from the trauma of being the ones who'd possibly find their child.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-LaMar-Search-Expands-146266095.html

'QR codes' replace milk cartons in quest to find missing children

"The problem is educating the community on what a QR code is," said Child Quest's Anthony Gonzalez. "People who know about it rave about it. Others have never seen it and wonder, 'What is this thing on the poster?' " QR codes are printed squares of jumbled black lines and squiggles. When a smartphone equipped with a free QR code app points the phone's camera at the image, it links directly to a website with more photos of the missing child, information and hotline phone numbers. (Haven't seen a missing poster with the QR code? Aim your phone at Sierra's QR code printed next to this story, or go to http://uqr.me/missing-sierra-lamar and snap a photo of the computer screen.) "It essentially makes the missing poster portable," said Stephen Watkins, a Toronto man who works with Child Quest and modified QR codes that were first developed by Toyota to track car parts.

http://satellite.tmcnet.com/news/2012/04/05/6238744.htm

ABC7 news reported this morning that they will have a post at Monterey and Highlands.

Sierra LaMar Expands, Adds QR Code
The search for the teen will spill into towns near Morgan Hill.

Snipped

Another way to collect and disseminate information in the search for the Morgan Hill teen is the use of a QR code -- a scannable graphic that links to an existing website.

Snipped

LaMar's mother and father won't be participating in any more searches for their daughter. The Sheriff's Office has advised against this, to protect them from the trauma of being the ones who'd possibly find their child.

Maybe I just want them to find Sierra so badly but the part I have bolded makes me think LE is sure they may find Sierra's body in these areas.

IMO

Maybe I just want them to find Sierra so badly but the part I have bolded makes me think LE is sure they may find Sierra's body in these areas.

IMO
IMO that's how it should have been from the very beginning.

I had some ideas this morning regarding Sierra's SHOES...

SL's favorite shoes might have been the red converse, but it would be easy for her friends/parents to determine that her grey shoes weren't in the home--and that her red shoes were. Most girls know exactly which shoes their friends own, wear, and can borrow.

The fact that the grey shoes have not been found makes me think that the perp wanted SL to keep them on.
This leads me to two possible conclusions:
  • She needed shoes to walk through the rural surroundings. She might be close.
  • She needed shoes to walk longer term. She might be alive!
I hope it's the latter.

QUESTION: Does anyone have a map of the exact locations that have already been searched? Fields, roads, etc.

#findsierra

JMO

After reading the tweets by Sierra, I get the feeling her parents had no idea. If they did, then shame on them. Those vulgar, crass tweets should have raised red flags. There would be no more phone or laptop until Sierra cleaned up her act. I also don't believe for one second that dad would go through Sierras purse to see what she was packing around in there. Mom wouldn't know. She left more than an hour for work before Sierra ever left for the bus....and was back home after Sierra was already there. I know that I had no clue what any of my grown sons had in their backpacks when they were teens. And, no, I never had a reason to find out. If one of them had caught me rifling through their stuff.....with no reason....I think they would be angry and hurt. Trust works both ways. I trusted them to not have anything questionable and they trusted me not to snoop. They did understand if I was ever given a reason to suspect something, we'd go through that backpack, together. I was very fortunate that FB, My Space, etc. was not available for the older 2. The youngest had a FB when he was a senior....over 18.

IMO that's how it should have been from the very beginning.

I could not agree more. I don't think any parent should go on seraches . I know they want to but I can't imaging how I would feel if I was the one to discover my son if missing.

Did LE ask for volunteers for today's search?
Just thinking, if they did not, maybe they do have reason to believe Sierra might be found?

Did LE ask for volunteers for today's search?
Just thinking, if they did not, maybe they do have reason to believe Sierra might be found?

It doesn't sound like they requested volunteers.

At 9 a.m. today, the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office will start canvassing areas in San Martin and Gilroy. About 20 members of the department's search and rescue unit will join three canine units, trained in detecting human remains.

QR code to help in search for Sierra LaMar

The information includes pictures of her, links to Facebook and Twitter, what to do if you see her and immediate access to Santa Clara County emergency response.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8609317

It's too bad they ran the story without a link to a clear jpg of the QR code or a place to find it. The story tells people to scan it from the physical posters. So unless you see a poster, it's useless. (I tried to scan from the video still without success)

ETA: I see that another site did provide a link to a better screenshot in the earlier post you made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46