MI MI - Detroit, WhtFem 13-24, UP8216, poss endocrine imbalance, blonde w/leopard prnt headband, Jun'01

longtallcold

What happened to Nancy Jenkins?
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
NamUs page:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8216

I emailed the case manager about any rules outs...and got this sad reply:

She has not been compared to anyone, so we do not have any exclusions.

Sarah

-D/Tpr. Sarah C. Krebs
Michigan State Police
Detroit Violent Crimes Task Force
Forensic Art Unit
(313)215-0675 Office
(313)468-3627 Cell
(313)596-5886 Fax
krebss@michigan.gov ( mailto:Officekrebss@michigan.gov )

BBM--how sad!! She was 13-19 per anthropologist - possibly bi-racial -- possibly obese...someone has to be waiting for this young lady to come home!

There has been 1 rule out so far:
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia

I have inquired about Patricia Vogt as well as Coral Hall (if she lived a couple years after disappearing from Flint - and ended up in Detroit)

This is the email I received tonight:

(redacted),
I can assure you that UP8216 is not Coral as she is too young to be our Jane Doe, I am unfamiliar with the Patricia Vogt case, and there is not enough information on that site to exclude her, if you could contact the Missouri State Patrol and urge them to add her case to the NamUs database, we can do a comparison.

Let me know if you have any luck.

Sarah

What I don't understand was if she was 14 in '98 and was alive for a couple years ... that would make her 16-17 and in the age range? So, they just discard possibilities based on age they were when missing?

I emailed her back and said I would email MSP tomorrow on Vogt and that the reason I thought Coral needed ruled out was because Flint to Detroit and alive for 2-3 years after disappearance made her fit age of UID.

Any experienced members have any advice here? TIA

Does anybody else think that this could be Billie Jo Beam-Hughes?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10177/1/

They are virtually the same weight, the same height, Billie Jo falls right into the age range of the doe and went missing in July 2000 which is within the probable year of death.

The only things which make me think this is not Billie Jo is that the doe's hair is described as brownish-blonde and fine, and the location the doe was found. Billie Jo's hair looks darker than that in photos and fairly thick and straight. However in this photo Billie Jo's hair does looks wavy and finer than in others:-

https://myspace.com/wheresbj/mixes/classic-where-s-bj-beam-hughes-513244/photo/244010978

But obviously South Carolina is a good distance from Michigan.

Billie Jo Beam does seem like a pretty good match. Even the distance is not that great- 700 miles and directly to the north of where she was last seen. That's just a day's worth of driving. Here's a map.

One thing has me puzzled about this Jane Doe... If the remains were "skeletal or nearly skeletal," how could they have measured her weight?

Attachments

• IMG_0572.jpg
    IMG_0572.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 126
Yes, I also wondered that about her weight. Measured suggests...well, measured. If they had based it on her clothes then why not say estimated?

Anyway, I emailed the case manager about Billie Jo. No harm in ruling her out if it's not her.

PhoebeG,

Did you hear back from the investigator re: Billie Jo Beam? Jane Doe's NAMUS profile was updated on 5/19/2015 but Beam is not among the rule-outs.

Current rule-outs:
Patricia Schmidt
Dawn Silvernail

DNA: Not Available
Dentals: Available and entered
Fingerprints: not available

No, I never heard back. I tried several times to contact her with no success.

PhoebeG,

Did you hear back from the investigator re: Billie Jo Beam? Jane Doe's NAMUS profile was updated on 5/19/2015 but Beam is not among the rule-outs.

Current rule-outs:
Patricia Schmidt
Dawn Silvernail

DNA: Not Available
Dentals: Available and entered
Fingerprints: not available

The Jane Doe's profile was updated recently, but I'm not sure what changed. There are no new ruleouts.

She has dentals but no DNA or fingerprints.

March 2019 facial sketch
Notes on the sketch (my emphasis) "May be Alisha or Alesha or Alicia, green eyes, freckles on cheeks, big hips. W/F 16-20 5'9-10 half Hispanic, brown hair, was seen numerous times on 7 Mile near I-75 & Hull St."
Thumbnail

Sex - Female
Race / Ethnicity Uncertain
Estimated Age Range (Years)13-24
Estimated Year of Death 2000-2001
Height 5' 8"(68 inches) , Estimated
Weight 189 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found June 20, 2001
NamUs Case CreatedDecember 7, 2010
Location Found Map
LocationDetroit, Michigan
CountyWayne County
Circumstances of RecoveryVictim was found in a wooded area in a park with facial injuries.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Physical Description
Hair Color Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description Brownish-Blonde, fine, wavy and long
Body Hair Description Pubic hair consistant with white ancestory
Eye color could not be determined due to decomposition.
Distinctive Physical Features
May have been obese-related to an endocrine imbalance
Clothing and Accessories
Accessories - Black shoulder strap purse
Near the Body
Clothing
Navy blue stretch pants, black t-shirt, white bra, black waist length "Billion Bay" brand leather zip up jacket
On the Body
Clothing
black and brown leopard printed hair band found with hair
Near the Body
Footwear
White socks and black sandals
On the Body
@MadMcGoo my dear can you see any R/O?

NamUs says she may have been obese due to an endocrine disorder. I'd take the weight estimate with a huge grain of salt, saying as it says 'measured' but she was also apparently skeletal? Notes on the sketch provide a wider range of 190-210 lbs.
Also, I'm really curious as to how they know the details provided on the sketch. It sounds like someone saw/knew her when she was alive.

NamUs says she may have been obese due to an endocrine disorder. I'd take the weight estimate with a huge grain of salt, saying as it says 'measured' but she was also apparently skeletal? Notes on the sketch provide a wider range of 190-210 lbs.
Also, I'm really curious as to how they know the details provided on the sketch. It sounds like someone saw/knew her when she was alive.

The writing on the sketch looks like the information the artist was given when they did the sketch, maybe?

"measured" on the NamUs reports is usually taken from the PM and it usually means literally what the remains weighed when the autopsy was performed. I know it says skeletal, but with all the hair and clothing information I find it hard to believe she was just bones. Sometimes they mean that bones were starting to show through and that seems more plausible.

But yeah, as you said, it needs to be taken with a heaping teaspoon of salt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back