Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Easter Weekend Thread (Apr. 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by myzzy View Post
    I just dont see what they have so far
    Who's they? myzzy did you fall asleep on us again and miss today's testimony? lol Just kidding.
    RIP Tim. Justice will prevail

RIP sweet Tori.

May 15/12, Michael Rafferty guilty; 25 years with no chance of parole. R.I.H. P.O.S.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by roseofsharon View Post
    Respectfully, I disagree. IMO, since MTR and TLM are connected to the same crime, it is imperative to dot ALL your i's and cross ALL your t's. With the magnitude of this trial, nothing should ever be considered irrelevant.

MOO
    I completely agree. IMO, we just want all the details and we want them now. We are impatient and hate having to wait for what could be 3 months to see what the total picture is. Patience is being tested here, but I think it is important to realize the LE did their job and did it well, making sure not too much was revealed prior to the trial to ensure MR gets a fair trial, also assuring the public that someone won't be walking free due to a mistrial.
    Our memories shape us, providing a backdrop for our daily lives, a context for our actions, a rationale for our sometimes dubious decisions. Who we are today is inextricably woven through with memories of who we were yesterday, and the days before that.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nettie_82 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Juris_Prudence View Post
    Um neither link is working for me

How the heck do I use multi quote? That would help here!

The post Swedie is commenting on has links in it to an article (I think flipflop posted THAT one). the links in THAT post aren't working for me.
    http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/r...9961.html#next

pic 40 for the note and pic 91 92 for the bags in car.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flipflop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by flipflop View Post
    from the evidence pics, I believe the note is between JW and MR, and it was pants not pamxs
    So that means LFP tweet was incorrect??

Quote Originally Posted by brighidin View Post
    Why should a forensic identification officer have to speak to possible gang related issues at a murder trial? Not his area of expertise. LE knows to only speak to and testify about what they are experts on, and what they specifically investigated. How would it help anyone if this cop started talking about some street gang from London? Totally irrelevant. Just another attempted red herring.

Speaking of red herrings, the song list on the ipod is another. The reason why the cops didn't expend manhours on it, imo, is because it is completely irrelevant. Hello 1980s Judas Priest made me do it defense. GMAB.

Too busy going around the moon? You know that was in reference to the time and manpower involved in searching for Tori. You would prefer they hadn't searched for her?
    As far as I know, there has never been a successful case of blaming crime on music. JMO
    Last edited by matou; 04-05-2012 at 09:41 PM.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

pic 40

do you read pants or pamxs???????

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flipflop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Juris_Prudence View Post
    Sorry Swedie, me again needing clarification on something. Was MR actually on welfare or OW or whatever its called these days at the time of the crime? Or was that your opinion? I saw the JMO in the post, but you sounded certain so I wasn't sure.

Also was thinking about the lawyer he has. Some think the lawyer is paid for by LAO, others think maybe friends or family are paying for it. Have considered that Derstine might be doing this pro bono? Just a thought. Not that he'd need it but it might make good publicity for him.
    Originally Posted by swedie
    MR was on OW/welfare whatever you call it these days, JMO

Why would anyone pay his legal fees when he can get a lawyer at taxpayers expense? It's called legal aid IIRC. I guess if he has working friends and his family works too, I guess they would be contributing also then through their taxes. HTH

RIP sweet Tori.

May 15/12, Michael Rafferty guilty; 25 years with no chance of parole. R.I.H. P.O.S.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jbrady View Post
    Where did you find this? I'd be interested in seeing what she looks like.
    Slide #62. There are also family photos on the side table at the front door in this slide show FWIW.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/r.../19599891.html

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

looking at the evidence pics from today....

the writing on the 2 notes appear to be the same JMO
    -note found in car (link 1 pic 40)
    -list for Carol found in house (link 2 pic35)
    http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/r.../19599961.html

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/r.../19599891.html

on second look...not too sure....what do you think?????
    I'm still trying to catch up on posts here, but I made the comparison a couple of hours ago and am 100% sure those two notes were written by the same person. I enlarged and enhanced both notes and not just compared the slant and style, but singular letters.

• Look at the "esses" in "Plus" and "oxys", then look at them in "Dave's" and "hassock".
    • Now look at the "y" in "already" and the one in "oxys".
    • Then, look at the "m"s in "computer room" and in "tomorrow" in the small note.

There's more, but that was enough to convince me.

My guess would be that only MR's mother would have written the "Things 4 Carol" note. Only she would have the authority to decide which of her furniture could be donated. IIRC, Dave was her boyfriend. I think if we looked again at what was in CM's house, we might see some of the items on this list. (I will later.)

I can then deduce that the small note in the car was also written by her. Totally agree with the poster that the first line says "you can bring the pants back" (tomorrow too). The Tweets were wrong, I'm so sure of it. There are no drugs referred to there. The "plus give money for Oxys" is clear, though, but could refer to asking MR to pick them up for her - either legally, or illegally.

Something tells me there will be personal testimony to cover this when it's the defence's turn.

MOO
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. - William E. Gladstone

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to antiquegirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by swedie View Post
    Originally Posted by swedie
    MR was on OW/welfare whatever you call it these days, JMO

Why would anyone pay his legal fees when he can get a lawyer at taxpayers expense? It's called legal aid IIRC. I guess if he has working friends and his family works too, I guess they would be contributing also then through their taxes. HTH
    Thanks for the clarification Swedie.
    It was the way it was worded I think that made me wonder about if it was a fact or an opinion, even though I did see the JMO at the end (just seemed like you were sure of it). Much appreciated.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juris_Prudence For This Useful Post:

pic 40

I can't see it clearly, but am just going by what was tweeted in quotes by the LFP at time 2:43 today.

pic 40

can you direct me to that note..I flipped through all the pix from your link but must have missed it...thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by snoofer View Post
    looked like pumas in the video at gas station

2 hair dyes
    2 knives
    2 pumas?????????????????
    There were Pumas in TLM closet, Pumas on his feet at the gas station ATM on April 8th (my opinion), new Pumas on May 19th. Also, he has very small feet. JMO.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

From the pics of the front passenger side of JW's car, there are bags...looked like someone had been shopping. When he was arrested, he left his car running, window down, $935 in glove box...therefore he wasn't leaving with JW in her car. He was seen carrying bags into JW's car as he got in. Was the note written for or from JW?

There is also a bag from La Senza and Jacob.

The note does look like "bring the pants back tomorrow too plus give money for oxys

...hmmmm pants in jacobs bag?, money in glove box

pic 40 for the note and pic 91 92 for the bags in JW's car.
    To me, it looks like, "bring the percs back tomorrow too plus give money for oxys" JMO

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Macright View Post
    can you direct me to that note..I flipped through all the pix from your link but must have missed it...thanks..
    try pic 40

29. The Following User Says Thank You to flipflop For This Useful Post:

You know I just have to say it....
    <modsnip>. Well here is what I see. I see a man who was somehow involved in the kidnapping, murder and the hiding of the body of an 8 year old girl. Whether he is guilty of sexual assualt or not, right now to me, is irrelevant. He was involved in this atrocity and should not see the light of day again. <modsnip> But guess what he was admittidly there which makes him guilty period! We know our law states that if someone dies in the process of a kidnapping, intentional or not, that the person involved is guilty of murder.
    <modsnip>Really I hope TM and RS do not read on here because I am embarassed <modsnip>. Yes we are entitled to our own opinions . <modsnip>
    Last edited by Salem; 04-06-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: pls no name-calling or attacking, also everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    Sympathy is prejudice disguised as pity.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alison For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert View Post
    I can't believe you'd even joke about that.

MOO
    MR looks very happy in the picture while attending the Mysteriously Yours Murder Mystery game. Maybe he won the game?

RIP sweet Tori.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by antiquegirl View Post
    I'm still trying to catch up on posts here, but I made the comparison a couple of hours ago and am 100% sure those two notes were written by the same person. I enlarged and enhanced both notes and not just compared the slant and style, but singular letters.

• Look at the "esses" in "Plus" and "oxys", then look at them in "Dave's" and "hassock".
    • Then, look at the "m"s in "computer room" and in "tomorrow" in the small note.

My guess would be that only MR's mother would have written the "Things 4 Carol" note. Only she would have the authority to decide which of her furniture could be donated. IIRC, Dave was her boyfriend. I think if we looked again at what was in CM's house, we might see some of the items on this list. (I will later.)

I can then deduce that the small note in the car was also written by her. Totally agree with the poster that the first line says "you can bring the pants back" (tomorrow too). The Tweets were wrong, I'm so sure of it. There are no drugs referred to there. The "plus give money for Oxys" is clear, though, but could refer to asking MR to pick them up for her - either legally, or illegally.

Something tells me there will be personal testimony to cover this when it's the defence's turn.

MOO
    Did MTR's mother use Oxy's too? I'm really getting confused

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to roseofsharon For This Useful Post:

try pic 40

thanks ..found it...it is either parts or pants..to me... if pants and the note was written by his Mother, maybe she wanted him to return a pair of pants to a store???

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macright For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nettie_82 View Post
    I completely agree. IMO, we just want all the details and we want them now. We are impatient and hate having to wait for what could be 3 months to see what the total picture is. Patience is being tested here, but I think it is important to realize the LE did their job and did it well, making sure not too much was revealed prior to the trial to ensure MR gets a fair trial, also assuring the public that someone won't be walking free due to a mistrial.
    Well said Nettie. We've already waited 3 years, what's a few more weeks or months IMHO. We are luck to be getting tweets from the reports. MOO

RIP sweet Tori.

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:

Who's they? myzzy did you fall asleep on us again and miss today's testimony? lol Just kidding.
    I missed it? EEEEEKkkkk
    My opinion is MINE!

41. The Following User Says Thank You to myzzy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by antiquegirl View Post

MOO
    This list could be written by MR with his mom telling him what to donate. With it matching JMO the other note in car, I am thinking this note is between JW and MR after seeing the bags at the time of arrest. Pants in Jacob bag, money in glove box. JMO What do you think????

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to flipflop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by roseofsharon View Post
    Did MTR's mother use Oxy's too? I'm really getting confused
    MR told BA the oxys he was buying from her where for his mother. I'm really starting to doubt that now. I bet MR was dealing, which would explain where he was getting some of his money from.

RIP sweet Tori.

45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:

MR looks very happy in the picture while attending the Mysteriously Yours Murder Mystery game. Maybe he won the game?
    Is it a game that Murder Mystery thing? I thought it was just dinner theater. I have heard they can be quite funny too. But I wonder if participants win prizes?

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast