Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 769

Thread: GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #13

  1. #576
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,808
    Lauren's thread is at the bottom of the index page, so to bump it back up just thought I would note that this month will mark a year since she graduated from law school. For some reason, I am thinking the date may be the 12th but don't know where that thought is coming from ... does anyone know for sure? There will be many painful anniversary dates coming up soon for her family and others affected by this murder.

    ETA: Have we ever had this gallery of photos from the 2011 law school commencement posted before:

    http://gallery.mercer.edu/CommencementEvents/Commencement-Events-2011/Law-School-Commencement-May/17096704_F735j2#!i=1295408470&k=LP9BS92

    ETA again: I think I was wrong on the date -- believe it was actually May 14, according to this document:

    http://www.mercer.edu/oie/PresidentR...vember2011.pdf
    Last edited by Backwoods; 05-08-2012 at 04:35 AM. Reason: add link; add comment

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Backwoods For This Useful Post:


  3. #577
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    Lauren's thread is at the bottom of the index page, so to bump it back up just thought I would note that this month will mark a year since she graduated from law school. For some reason, I am thinking the date may be the 12th but don't know where that thought is coming from ... does anyone know for sure? There will be many painful anniversary dates coming up soon for her family and others affected by this murder.

    ETA: Have we ever had this gallery of photos from the 2011 law school commencement posted before:

    http://gallery.mercer.edu/CommencementEvents/Commencement-Events-2011/Law-School-Commencement-May/17096704_F735j2#!i=1295408470&k=LP9BS92

    ETA again: I think I was wrong on the date -- believe it was actually May 14, according to this document:

    http://www.mercer.edu/oie/PresidentR...vember2011.pdf
    It's close anyway, they are taking exams at Mercer Law now

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tomkat For This Useful Post:


  5. #578
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    Lauren's thread is at the bottom of the index page, so to bump it back up just thought I would note that this month will mark a year since she graduated from law school. For some reason, I am thinking the date may be the 12th but don't know where that thought is coming from ... does anyone know for sure? There will be many painful anniversary dates coming up soon for her family and others affected by this murder.

    ETA: Have we ever had this gallery of photos from the 2011 law school commencement posted before:

    http://gallery.mercer.edu/CommencementEvents/Commencement-Events-2011/Law-School-Commencement-May/17096704_F735j2#!i=1295408470&k=LP9BS92

    ETA again: I think I was wrong on the date -- believe it was actually May 14, according to this document:

    http://www.mercer.edu/oie/PresidentR...vember2011.pdf
    I remember looking at those graduation photos. It's incredible that people's lives moved from such a joyful and momentous occasion to devastation in the blink of an eye.

    (In the interest of possibly saving some time for somebody else, I'll mention that I see Lauren in photos 195, 306 and 330. McD is in 303. I went quickly so that may not be all).
    If I can stop one heart from breaking,
    I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,
    Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin
    Unto his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    ~Emily Dickinson~

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to southern_comfort For This Useful Post:


  7. #579
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Macon, GA
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by southern_comfort View Post
    I remember looking at those graduation photos. It's incredible that people's lives moved from such a joyful and momentous occasion to devastation in the blink of an eye.

    (In the interest of possibly saving some time for somebody else, I'll mention that I see Lauren in photos 195, 306 and 330. McD is in 303. I went quickly so that may not be all).
    Good eye, SC! I didn't catch the pic of McD. I see that Lauren is also in pic 161.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McMunn For This Useful Post:


  9. #580
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    20,886
    Thanks for posting the link, BW. I recall seeing a few of the photos, the one of McD and one or two of LG, but not the whole gallery.

    In 195 there's a good shot of a bracelet which I assume is the one we heard about earlier. It was a gift from DV, and her family originally thought it was missing. According to the Telegraph, it turned out there was some confusion about LG's jewelry, and a family member had the bracelet all along. The diamond necklace has never been found.

    A silver-and-gold rope bracelet that belonged to Giddings, one her boyfriend gave her for Christmas in 2010 -- and one he thought was missing -- turned out not to be lost after all.
    Giddings’ sister, Kaitlyn Wheeler, said Thursday that her family has had the bracelet all along, that there had been some confusion over which piece of Lauren’s jewelry hadn’t been accounted for. A diamond necklace Lauren’s boyfriend gave her on her 26th birthday has not been found.
    http://www.macon.com/2012/01/20/1870...ds-member.html

    HANNAH GRAHAM TIP LINE (434) 295-3851
    EMAIL: CPDtips@charlottesville.org

    __________________________________

    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"



  10. The Following User Says Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


  11. #581
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    Lauren's thread is at the bottom of the index page, so to bump it back up just thought I would note that this month will mark a year since she graduated from law school. For some reason, I am thinking the date may be the 12th but don't know where that thought is coming from ... does anyone know for sure? There will be many painful anniversary dates coming up soon for her family and others affected by this murder.

    ETA: Have we ever had this gallery of photos from the 2011 law school commencement posted before:

    http://gallery.mercer.edu/CommencementEvents/Commencement-Events-2011/Law-School-Commencement-May/17096704_F735j2#!i=1295408470&k=LP9BS92

    ETA again: I think I was wrong on the date -- believe it was actually May 14, according to this document:

    http://www.mercer.edu/oie/PresidentR...vember2011.pdf
    You're right about the 14th last year. This year's law class graduates this Saturday morning, the 12th.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to GypsiesTramps&Thieves For This Useful Post:


  13. #582
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    236
    Good Morning, sleuthers ! I had an interesting meeting this week I attended where District Attorney Greg Winters spoke. I was able to bend his ear a little afterwards about our favorite case. He declined to comment, of course, about any specifics but he did tell me how the process will proceed from here on if anyone is interested . The point we are at now involves the filing of motions. The defense begins this process, and they will have until late July or early August, there is a deadline but he could not recall specifically and it didn't sound like it was set in stone. His office will then have until November 30th to respond to those motions. Then defense counter responds and this probably leads to new motions, and on and on. Thus far, since the banker box of evidence hand off, no motions have been filed. Georgia operates under what is called the Unified Appeal Process, so since this is a death penalty case, everything gets taken up to the State Supreme Court to settle the legal aspects of the motions . Perhaps our legal beagles can educate us more on that. He said there will probably be over 300 motions filed. Expect no trial until 2014 . (Uggh)
    He said the McDaniel case will be very interesting to follow. I don't think he meant anything by that other than the same fascination that brings us to this site. I was very impressed with Greg. Still think it will be an uphill battle for prosecution to win this one and even if they do next to impossible to get DP, though, IMHO.

  14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AgentFrankLundy For This Useful Post:


  15. #583
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentFrankLundy View Post
    Good Morning, sleuthers ! I had an interesting meeting this week I attended where District Attorney Greg Winters spoke. I was able to bend his ear a little afterwards about our favorite case. He declined to comment, of course, about any specifics but he did tell me how the process will proceed from here on if anyone is interested . The point we are at now involves the filing of motions. The defense begins this process, and they will have until late July or early August, there is a deadline but he could not recall specifically and it didn't sound like it was set in stone. His office will then have until November 30th to respond to those motions. Then defense counter responds and this probably leads to new motions, and on and on. Thus far, since the banker box of evidence hand off, no motions have been filed. Georgia operates under what is called the Unified Appeal Process, so since this is a death penalty case, everything gets taken up to the State Supreme Court to settle the legal aspects of the motions . Perhaps our legal beagles can educate us more on that. He said there will probably be over 300 motions filed. Expect no trial until 2014 . (Uggh)
    He said the McDaniel case will be very interesting to follow. I don't think he meant anything by that other than the same fascination that brings us to this site. I was very impressed with Greg. Still think it will be an uphill battle for prosecution to win this one and even if they do next to impossible to get DP, though, IMHO.
    AgentFrank, isn't Winters up for reelection this year? I believe he went in for the rest of an unexpired term when Howard Simms resigned to run for judge. If he (Winters) does have to run this year, I'm wondering when qualifying ends and whether he will have opposition. Anybody know the answers to these questions?

    ETA: I've confirmed that the office of District Attorney for the Macon Judicial Circuit will be on the ballot this year.
    Last edited by Backwoods; 05-10-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: add info

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Backwoods For This Useful Post:


  17. #584
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    236
    I meant to ask about that and forgot. He is definitely up for re-election . Yes, when Howard Simms got his judgeship is when Greg was elected in a special election (2010) One of the fellows that ran for the office last time , David Cooke, will run against him.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AgentFrankLundy For This Useful Post:


  19. #585
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    5,434
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentFrankLundy View Post
    I meant to ask about that and forgot. He is definitely up for re-election.
    Yup, he is. A little bird told me today that there may be a scandal regarding that election thing. No further details provided...however perhaps Mr. Winters won't play a major role come 2014.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:


  21. #586
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,808
    I don't know anything about a scandal; I was just thinking that an incumbent DA who hasn't served a full term yet might be more likely to be challenged than one who had been in for a while (unless there was some huge scandal, etc., with a 4-year DA).

    I was wondering how ongoing cases are affected when there is a change in the DA -- whether from resignation, retirement, defeat in an election, whatever. I guess it would really depend on a lot of factors. Maybe things usually roll on pretty smoothly, but I can see how sometimes momentum might be lost.

    This case, of course, is just one part of what Winters has had before him during his time in office so far -- but even this one case, by itself, surely must have made his "rookie term" pretty memorable.

    One thing that got me wondering whether someone was gearing up to challenge Winters was the front-page article in The Telegraph a few months ago about Winters' first year in office. Nothing wrong with an article about the new DA's first year, IMO ... but frankly I found some of the content and wording of the story that did run in that very prominent placing more in the vein of a paid political ad than good reporting. Maybe it was just meant to be "upbeat", but it seemed less than objective and kind of struck me wrong.

    We've had it posted before, but here it is again: http://www.macon.com/2011/12/05/1811...ylink=misearch
    Last edited by Backwoods; 05-12-2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: add comments and link

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Backwoods For This Useful Post:


  23. #587
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    5,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    I don't know anything about a scandal; I was just thinking that an incumbent DA who hasn't served a full term yet might be more likely to be challenged than one who had been in for a while (unless there was some huge scandal, etc., with a 4-year DA).
    Rumor has it he will face serious opposition and there may be a scandal. I have no idea what the scandal is about, or if the scandal thing is true, just heard that from a local attorney (and it seems those attorneys love to gossip about each other).

    I could certainly see how some might think Winters is weak and vulnerable and that is like blood in the water for sharks; thing is if someone were to run against him and WIN then they will inherit this case, and if the case isn't strong enough they will get blamed for the failure.
    Last edited by Sonya610; 05-12-2012 at 08:19 AM.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:


  25. #588
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    5,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    We've had it posted before, but here it is again: http://www.macon.com/2011/12/05/1811...ylink=misearch
    This is kind of funny....

    Since his election, wireless Internet access has been added within the district attorney’s office and Winters has replaced 12 computers that had been used for nine years or more.

    “We’re in an age when we have to be able to use technology,” he said.

    It helps to know you’re going to be able to do your job,” Winters said.
    Holy sheesh....computers that are a DECADE old and no wireless internet until recently? What office doesn't have wireless internet in this day and age? If people use laptops they have wireless, or were laptops too futuristic for them?

    If they did in fact handle the internet posts themselves I can see how they might have been utterly clueless. Regarding the last line...it also helps if you understand a thing or two about the Internet when submitting Internet evidence, Mr. Winters.

  26. #589
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    236
    I'll go to bat for Greg here, because he did discuss this a little and other things I might have left out. he will handle almost 3,000 cases this year , that is a record. McD is only one of these , keep in mind. The computers should have been replaced long ago if they were 9 years old. Operating under budget constraints, I assume they were in the if it ain't broke don't fix it mode. Problem is , it was broke. Only after this came to Greg's attention though did change occur. He said he was working with the GBI on tracking a guy down under surveillance and their computers bogged down in the process ( with whatever program they were using) and they almost lost the suspect. Hindsight is of course 20/20.He now has a prosecutor on call 24/7. He discussed about how this got used on Super Bowl Sunday cause someone's always getting shot on Super Bowl Sunday. Interesting rumor about a scandal, Sonya tell us more . Inquiring minds want to know ... There certainly is adequate fodder for an opponent, with the Whitehead trial taking so long (this has to do more with US Census bureaucracy than Greg dragging his feet) , the 90 day time limit expiring on a couple of indictments , and some of the rumors about the McDaniel investigation, but he's got my vote.

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AgentFrankLundy For This Useful Post:


  28. #590
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    5,434
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentFrankLundy View Post
    ...but he's got my vote.
    I am not impressed with him. At first he came off as sarcastic and unprepared which wasn't good. After the Internet post thing (if it is indeed fake) I lost all confidence in him and I suspect many others have too.

    Being sarcastic is forgivable if one has all of their ducks in a row, but that type of attitude (rolling his eyes, making quote gestures, etc...) paired with poorly prepared witnesses (i.e. Patterson during the first hearing) and presenting idiotic (allegedly) unverified Internet evidence in court....that is just over the top!

    IMO he has lost credibility in many people's eyes. I would not want him prosecuting a case for me. I think he is way over his head on this one, most of the 20+ murders that the DA's office handles each year are perpetrated by groups of really stupid thugs that rat each other out in a heartbeat. That is what he is used to and I think he is out of his league on this one.

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:


  30. #591
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,808
    Has anybody, especially any Macon locals, heard or read anything more about the partial skeletal remains found behind a Gray Highway shopping center in March? I haven't -- just wanting to ask from time to time to see if anyone else has. I wish they would release some info if they have any.

    a couple of past links for reference:


    Skeletal remains found behind Bibb shopping center


    http://www.macon.com/2012/03/06/1933...ylink=misearch




    Source: All forensics testing in Giddings case now complete

    ...No evidence has made a connection between Giddings’ severed limbs and the skeletal remains found last week -- a skull, ribs and leg bones -- behind a Gray Highway shopping center. ...
    http://www.macon.com/2012/03/14/1944...ylink=misearch
    Last edited by Backwoods; 05-13-2012 at 03:58 AM.

  31. #592
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    I am not impressed with him. At first he came off as sarcastic and unprepared which wasn't good. After the Internet post thing (if it is indeed fake) I lost all confidence in him and I suspect many others have too.

    Being sarcastic is forgivable if one has all of their ducks in a row, but that type of attitude (rolling his eyes, making quote gestures, etc...) paired with poorly prepared witnesses (i.e. Patterson during the first hearing) and presenting idiotic (allegedly) unverified Internet evidence in court....that is just over the top!

    IMO he has lost credibility in many people's eyes. I would not want him prosecuting a case for me. I think he is way over his head on this one, most of the 20+ murders that the DA's office handles each year are perpetrated by groups of really stupid thugs that rat each other out in a heartbeat. That is what he is used to and I think he is out of his league on this one.
    Some of what you mention isn't any big or necessarily negative deal to me (JMO), but the internet post read at the bond hearing, yeah, that still has me scratching my head, at best, or fuming, at extreme.

  32. #593
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentFrankLundy View Post
    Good Morning, sleuthers ! I had an interesting meeting this week I attended where District Attorney Greg Winters spoke. I was able to bend his ear a little afterwards about our favorite case. He declined to comment, of course, about any specifics but he did tell me how the process will proceed from here on if anyone is interested . The point we are at now involves the filing of motions. The defense begins this process, and they will have until late July or early August, there is a deadline but he could not recall specifically and it didn't sound like it was set in stone. His office will then have until November 30th to respond to those motions. Then defense counter responds and this probably leads to new motions, and on and on. Thus far, since the banker box of evidence hand off, no motions have been filed. Georgia operates under what is called the Unified Appeal Process, so since this is a death penalty case, everything gets taken up to the State Supreme Court to settle the legal aspects of the motions . Perhaps our legal beagles can educate us more on that. He said there will probably be over 300 motions filed. Expect no trial until 2014 . (Uggh)
    He said the McDaniel case will be very interesting to follow. I don't think he meant anything by that other than the same fascination that brings us to this site. I was very impressed with Greg. Still think it will be an uphill battle for prosecution to win this one and even if they do next to impossible to get DP, though, IMHO.
    bbm: Does sound like a long, slow road, if this is the way it goes.

    I do still wonder if we won't hear something pretty soon from this case, though, in regard to the bond matter on the murder charge and/or bond or other matters on the child exploitation and/or burglary charges. Don't guess you picked up any clues when/if something might stir in those areas..?

  33. #594
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    5,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    Has anybody, especially any Macon locals, heard or read anything more about the partial skeletal remains found behind a Gray Highway shopping center in March?
    I remember when that story first broke, the original article said the bones included ribs. At that time we (macon.com posters) decided it wasn't likely Giddings. I haven't heard anything about it since then, no articles showing up after March 6th.

    I am not that into conspiracy theories BUT they surely figured out if the bones belong to a male/female shortly after the discovery. If the bones were female maybe that is someting they don't want to discuss as it could be used for reasonable doubt.
    Last edited by Sonya610; 05-13-2012 at 09:34 AM.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:


  35. #595
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    236

    AJC Article


  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AgentFrankLundy For This Useful Post:


  37. #596
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    5,434
    Interesting article...a few new details that I do not recall hearing before. Thanks AgentLundy.

    A ringing phone woke her before daylight on June 30. Bush, the complex’s owner, checked the clock: 3:25
    I never knew the friends went there in the middle of the night. That puts the time between the friend's visit and the body discovery in a much smaller frame. The MPD was likely out there within 2-3 hours!

    They also mention the police found the body on account of the odor.

    The AJC's coverage is much more "fair and balanced" compared to the Telegraph. I have been reading books on local infamous murder cases and the Telegraph is always quoted more than any other papers in 1880.
    Last edited by Sonya610; 05-13-2012 at 09:42 AM.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:


  39. #597
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    I remember when that story first broke, the original article said the bones included ribs. At that time we (macon.com posters) decided it wasn't likely Giddings. I haven't heard anything about it since then, no articles showing up after March 6th.

    I am not that into conspiracy theories BUT they surely figured out if the bones belong to a male/female shortly after the discovery. If the bones were female maybe that is someting they don't want to discuss as it could be used for reasonable doubt.
    I guess the possible use for reasonable doubt is at least as good an explanation as any that I can come up with (other than the remains actually being LG's, which I also think unlikely, though not impossible maybe) for why we've heard nothing more about them.

    I've just been puzzled -- the finding of the Gray Highway remains was well publicized, so I know lots of people are wondering about them -- and, like you, I think authorities would know something from testing by now. But we had that one little burst of media coverage, then...nothing. I wish The Telegraph would try to follow up.

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to Backwoods For This Useful Post:


  41. #598
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Interesting article...a few new details that I do not recall hearing before. Thanks AgentLundy.



    I never knew the friends went there in the middle of the night. That puts the time between the friend's visit and the body discovery in a much smaller frame. The MPD was likely out there within 2-3 hours!

    They also mention the police found the body on account of the odor.

    The AJC's coverage is much more "fair and balanced" compared to the Telegraph. I have been reading books on local infamous murder cases and the Telegraph is always quoted more than any other papers in 1880.
    bbm: Sonya, I am thinking what happened was that the friends got there about midnight or a little after -- pretty much as SM said -- and they all compared notes and then sleuthed around a bit, maybe walked around outside some -- then called BB. I remember from early local media reports that the female friend who came by to check on Lauren called BB after seeing the note BB had left on Lauren's door inquiring about her moving plans, but I wasn't sure when she made that call -- I do remember it was in the wee hours. I guess it was probably after the group investigated a little on their own.

    Trying to find the incident report (grrr, know I've got it here somewhere) filed by the first officer that came that evening to check the time on that and see where that fell in the timeline. *

    I know there were early reports in more-local media that the odor was pretty much what led officers (on the second visit, in the daylight hours) to find the remains, though I know that has been debated a bit here in the threads kind of recently -- so I don't think that info is really new from the AJC.

    *ETA: Looks to me from the incident report linked below that that first (Mercer police?) officer was dispatched at 12:52 a.m. So guess they called BB after he came, probably.

    http://download.gannett.edgesuite.ne...ngsreport1.pdf

    ETA again: I'm not sure, from the report, when exactly the female friend alone dropped by and knocked, etc. -- had thought maybe it was during the day on the 29th? But the report says "this morning" so it could mean just after midnight on the early morning of the 30th, too; if so, maybe she then called other friends to come over and help her decide how to proceed and they soon came.

    Whenever the lone friend came knocking, though, that might have been SM's (if he is the perp) first cue that things were about to start happening. I wonder if she and he encountered each other then or if he got involved only after the others got there.
    Last edited by Backwoods; 05-13-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: add comment and link; clarify; more comments

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to Backwoods For This Useful Post:


  43. #599
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,808
    It's interesting to hear of some of Lauren's classmates/friends, where they are and what they're doing a year after graduation:

    ... (name snipped), whose call to police touched off the search for Giddings, is now in Augusta, where’s she’s prosecuting misdemeanors for the office of the State Court Solicitor of Richmond County. ...
    http://m.ajc.com/news/grisly-killing...s-1436404.html

    But it's sad, too, since Lauren didn't get the chance to go forward into her own young-lawyer future.

    The other day, I stumbled across a reference indicating that one of the male friends -- one named by SM in the infamous interview -- is at King and Spalding, the same firm as boyfriend DV. Small world ...

    I also couldn't help thinking, reading the AJC story today, what a sad Mother's Day "greeting" it had to be for both Lauren's mother and the mother of the accused. I feel for both of them, and kinda wish AJC had held this story until Monday -- but I'm sure it was meant as a "weekend piece".

  44. The Following User Says Thank You to Backwoods For This Useful Post:


  45. #600
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    5,434
    Unrelated but interesting article...two Atlanta Prosecutors are being accused of misconduct in a death penalty case....

    Alleged misconduct by assistant US attorneys in death penalty trial in Atlanta
    U.S. District Senior Judge Clarence Cooper accused the pair of repeatedly deceiving him during pretrial litigation in the death penalty case of federal inmate Brian Richardson.

    http://www.dailyreportonline.com/Edi...l=100421910512
    The prosecutors in this case sound like real freaks, one was apparently having multiple phone calls with another inmate (defendant is in prison and killed another prisoner) and the posecutor suggested that the inmate stab one of the female defense attorneys to death in the courtroom, joking that they would go light on him and consider it a public service!

  46. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:


Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 - #14
    By bessie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 756
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 05:45 PM
  2. GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #12
    By bessie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 799
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 09:55 PM
  3. GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #5
    By bessie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 686
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 04:49 PM
  4. GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #4
    By bessie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 675
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 02:44 PM
  5. GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #3
    By bessie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 540
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 12:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •