Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 1417

Thread: Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Wild Divine
    Posts
    1,327

    A fresh look

    Hello all; It's been quite a while since I was on here. Please forgive my style, it may take me a bit to get warmed up and remember protocol and how to follow a thread.

    With the new developments of Kyron's biological mother filing her law suit, I revisited my notes and thoughts on this situation and I would really like to offer this:

    From the get go the authorities in that area have felt they conducted the best search they could. All legal avenues that we know of have been looked at and yet this case remains at a standstill and Kyron remains missing.

    To that end, I submit that the authorities have tried their methods and it is time to look at something new.

    Long ago the case of Staci Wilmoth caught my eye. I believe it would be well worth their while to take a good look at her case and how it would apply to Kyron's.

    Just a thought.

  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to IBsleuthin For This Useful Post:


  3. #102
    tlcya's Avatar
    tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    America's heartland, the Land of Lincoln
    Posts
    24,333
    Welcome back to posting IBsleuthin.
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

    Show me the evidence, give me the facts.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:


  5. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by IBsleuthin View Post
    Hello all; It's been quite a while since I was on here. Please forgive my style, it may take me a bit to get warmed up and remember protocol and how to follow a thread.

    With the new developments of Kyron's biological mother filing her law suit, I revisited my notes and thoughts on this situation and I would really like to offer this:

    From the get go the authorities in that area have felt they conducted the best search they could. All legal avenues that we know of have been looked at and yet this case remains at a standstill and Kyron remains missing.

    To that end, I submit that the authorities have tried their methods and it is time to look at something new.

    Long ago the case of Staci Wilmoth caught my eye. I believe it would be well worth their while to take a good look at her case and how it would apply to Kyron's.

    Just a thought.
    Well there is one guy who was at the school on the 4th...
    lives a couple miles from Sundial beach...
    drives a white pick up...
    and din't come forward until a week after the abduction...

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 32beatspersecond For This Useful Post:


  7. #104
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by 32beatspersecond View Post
    Well there is one guy who was at the school on the 4th...
    lives a couple miles from Sundial beach...
    drives a white pick up...
    and din't come forward until a week after the abduction...
    I'm sorry, but who? Please help me out here. TIA

    The truest love there is

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah7855 For This Useful Post:


  9. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah7855 View Post
    I'm sorry, but who? Please help me out here. TIA
    Mr. Stenson...
    AKA Gunga Dave...
    The grass cutter.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 32beatspersecond For This Useful Post:


  11. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    high desert
    Posts
    1,445
    Just checking in here after not being on this thread for ages. Think about Kyron a lot. Terri always seemed hinky to me, but I have always thought a stranger abduction by a school employee was also highly likely. Would love to see him found.


    RIP McStays

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to the seeker For This Useful Post:


  13. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,708
    I would like to know what it is that the police chief (I think) said would shock everyone, and the thing(s) that he said they wish they had never known. (this isn't verbatim, but is the jist of what was said that day.
    "Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and the cookies at the other end of the table." - Kingkeld.

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mmmagique For This Useful Post:


  15. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    100
    Like all of us here, I'm extremely heartbroken that Kyron hasn't been found. W/o finding him, I think it's best to continue looking for leads to both a living and a deceased child. I appreciate the age progression photos, as they do give us an idea of what he possibly looks like now. I still do not know what to make of Terri's silence and her giving up her relationship with her precious little girl. Is it to protect herself, is it to protect her daughter? Did she arrange Kyron's abduction, did she lead SZ to him directly or indirectly? I simply do not understand. This frustrates me beyond anything.

  16. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hoping to arrive in NEUTRAL soon
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmagique View Post
    I would like to know what it is that the police chief (I think) said would shock everyone, and the thing(s) that he said they wish they had never known. (this isn't verbatim, but is the jist of what was said that day.
    I am glad you brought that up. In so many cases, but especially this one, LE puts out statements that have us on pins and needles waiting for the follow-up that never comes. I know that LE's priority is not and should not be to make accurate and authentic public statements. I trust that whatever they do say is done in good faith for the most part. But it is exasperating to be told things that never materialize, and nothing is ever mentioned about it again. In my dreams I'd just like to hear "we thought we knew XYZ but it turned out it was QRS and so we were wrong and we're sorry". I guess it is impossible to hold officials accountable in some way for things they say and claim, but it is unfortunate that it results in undermining public confidence.
    One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.
    John F. Kennedy

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CocoChanel For This Useful Post:


  18. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,152
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    I am glad you brought that up. In so many cases, but especially this one, LE puts out statements that have us on pins and needles waiting for the follow-up that never comes. I know that LE's priority is not and should not be to make accurate and authentic public statements. I trust that whatever they do say is done in good faith for the most part. But it is exasperating to be told things that never materialize, and nothing is ever mentioned about it again. In my dreams I'd just like to hear "we thought we knew XYZ but it turned out it was QRS and so we were wrong and we're sorry". I guess it is impossible to hold officials accountable in some way for things they say and claim, but it is unfortunate that it results in undermining public confidence.
    Why do you think their statement about the evidence they were examining was not accurate and authentic?

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ami For This Useful Post:


  20. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hoping to arrive in NEUTRAL soon
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by ami View Post
    Why do you think their statement about the evidence they were examining was not accurate and authentic?
    What I mean is that I understand and accept to a degree that LE does not owe me or the public a full and accurate accounting of what they think, what they have, and what they know. I am just frustrated that public statements that I truly believe were made in good faith, were just left hanging out there with no follow-up or explanation. Early on, within the first few days, I believe it was the sherriff who said he expected to wrap this case up within a week. I tried to find a link to that news item but omg that is a hard search to do! Then the statements about learning things they wish they had never found out, with no explanation, had me speculating wildly and hoping it would be clarified to make sense for us. But that did not happen either.

    I can only imagine how hard it is to be thrust into the spotlight by a case that breaks your heart, and I sympathize with the officials that have to be expert investigators AND excellent communicators and PR folks. You can't win unless skill and luck form the perfect union and the case is resolved quickly and in a positive way. Otherwise you have yokels like me complaining about what you said and didn't say. I'm just venting here, but I am 20 degrees of separation from the true heartbreak and misery in this case that Kyron's family and friends live with every day. And I count the investigators in that as well. I am sure some of them carry a hurt like no other that they have not been able to find Kyron and bring him home.
    One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.
    John F. Kennedy

  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CocoChanel For This Useful Post:


  22. #112
    greenpalm's Avatar
    greenpalm is offline I don't say much unless I've really thought it through. Then I go on and on.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Jungle of Nool
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Early on, within the first few days, I believe it was the sherriff who said he expected to wrap this case up within a week. I tried to find a link to that news item but omg that is a hard search to do! Then the statements about learning things they wish they had never found out, with no explanation, had me speculating wildly and hoping it would be clarified to make sense for us. But that did not happen either.
    respectfully snipped.

    I know that in interrogations, the investigators are perfectly within their rights to lie to suspects. Isn't it possible that LE was sharing something in order to try to deliberately get someone to come forward? If they pretended to have lots of information, perhaps that would get someone talking.

    Of course it's extremely likely that they actually did find shocking unpleasant evidence or at least circumstantial evidence. I've always assumed that his comments were connected to the awful emails Desiree spoke of. That kind of hate language would have shocked us early in the case, but it probably wouldn't shock us now.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greenpalm For This Useful Post:


  24. #113
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,743
    I believe they found evidence of a pedo ring, or human trafficking, but that's just my opinion.

    My best friend who moved to Portland a year or so ago tells me that SHE isn't interested in all the sleeze that goes on around there. I'm afriad her attitude is the one that permeates most of the good, and upright people in that area. Yet, sleeze goes on, and seemingly, no one cares.

    Sad - sad commentary on human nature. Didn't ostrichs get on an endangered list that way?

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trident For This Useful Post:


  26. #114
    tlcya's Avatar
    tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    America's heartland, the Land of Lincoln
    Posts
    24,333
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmagique View Post
    I would like to know what it is that the police chief (I think) said would shock everyone, and the thing(s) that he said they wish they had never known. (this isn't verbatim, but is the jist of what was said that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    I am glad you brought that up. In so many cases, but especially this one, LE puts out statements that have us on pins and needles waiting for the follow-up that never comes. I know that LE's priority is not and should not be to make accurate and authentic public statements. I trust that whatever they do say is done in good faith for the most part. But it is exasperating to be told things that never materialize, and nothing is ever mentioned about it again. In my dreams I'd just like to hear "we thought we knew XYZ but it turned out it was QRS and so we were wrong and we're sorry". I guess it is impossible to hold officials accountable in some way for things they say and claim, but it is unfortunate that it results in undermining public confidence.

    It is my own opinion that he was referring to the sexting and photo exchanges that were going on between Teri and the landscaper. I know if I had had to read that nastiness or see those photos I would certainly consider it stuff I wish I didn't know or have to know or see.

    I could be completely wrong, but that is how I took that statement as it was made at the same time as the news was breaking that this landscaper was purportedly approached to kill Mr. Horman and all the news came out about the sexting etc. So in my mind, I tied the statement to that lead.
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

    Show me the evidence, give me the facts.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:


  28. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    175
    Kaine Horman's restraining order against his wife is renewed for another year
    Published: Thursday, June 28, 2012, 5:05 PM

    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...ning_orde.html
    .
    All information at links to mainstream media sources may be considered 100% factual and reliable.

  29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Doodles For This Useful Post:


  30. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,524
    A pending Horman divorce proceeding also this week was delayed until Nov. 23 of this year for any future hearings
    I'm convinced that Terri could be arrested tomorrow, and it wouldn't go to trial until 2020.

  31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:


  32. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,332
    A fisherman reeled in a clump of something that looked like hair Sunday evening, prompting authorities to have divers search the water near the Gilbert Boat Ramp on Sauvie Island.
    http://www.kptv.com/story/18758355/f...-sauvie-island
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

    The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:


  34. #118
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Rural Alabama
    Posts
    2,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
    Kaine Horman's restraining order against his wife is renewed for another year
    Published: Thursday, June 28, 2012, 5:05 PM

    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...ning_orde.html
    Once again Terri's refusal to fight for her daughter speaks volumes. It says a lot that she's still isn't contesting Kaine's restraining order requests. And she has willingly set aside the divorce for another 6 months, which guarantees another of her daughter's birthdays will pass this fall without her.

  35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:


  36. #119
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    in O 'HI' O
    Posts
    893
    WOW..... I just watched Judge Judy....
    and the wife talked of a secret club that rides nude on bicycles in Portland, Oregon.... (nearly 1,000) The husband admitted to it , and said it was part of his being........ To each there own I guess........ :
    .. Please help Kyron come home!!

  37. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Google Earth
    Posts
    35,646
    Quote Originally Posted by froginTtown View Post
    WOW..... I just watched Judge Judy....
    and the wife talked of a secret club that rides nude on bicycles in Portland, Oregon.... (nearly 1,000) The husband admitted to it , and said it was part of his being........ To each there own I guess........ :
    I don't know about it being secret? It's well known around these parts. In fact, while the hunt was on for Kyron, we heard LE discussing it on the scanner.
    ************************************************

    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws


    In memory of Ron Pruitt

  38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:


  39. #121
    tlcya's Avatar
    tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    America's heartland, the Land of Lincoln
    Posts
    24,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    I don't know about it being secret? It's well known around these parts. In fact, while the hunt was on for Kyron, we heard LE discussing it on the scanner.
    lol, thanks for that reminder kimster. how could I have forgotten the nekid bicycle riding and/or hoodie wearing conversations that lightened our moods during the initial searches.
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

    Show me the evidence, give me the facts.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

  40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:


  41. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,792
    Wow, the HIV Sex Offender on the news today - Adam Lee Brown - he's captured and is going to be checked out thoroughly. He was hanging around schools in Roseberg.

  42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:


  43. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
    Wow, the HIV Sex Offender on the news today - Adam Lee Brown - he's captured and is going to be checked out thoroughly. He was hanging around schools in Roseberg.
    I saw that last night on HLN. The commentator said that ALB "floats right to the top" of the suspect list in Kyron's case because he was likely in the area at the time, known to hang out around schools trying to grab a kid, is bold enough to commit these types of brazen acts in broad daylight & with plenty of people around AND he was not being properly monitored at that time.

    I think it's a distinct possibility that this guy could have grabbed Kyron. Especially if Kyron came back outside after the last time he was sighted. I think police need to track down every vehicle this guy is connected to and look for evidence.

  44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NocturnalLady For This Useful Post:


  45. #124
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,792
    There does seem to be a possibility ALB could've snatched Kyron; however, that wouldn't explain TH's behavior throughout this whole case. Did they know each other perhaps?

    Adam Lee Brown, arrested in child stabbing at Portland Wendy's, convicted of earlier child sex crimes in Roseburg
    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...ed_in_chi.html

  46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:


  47. #125
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by NocturnalLady View Post
    I saw that last night on HLN. The commentator said that ALB "floats right to the top" of the suspect list in Kyron's case because he was likely in the area at the time, known to hang out around schools trying to grab a kid, is bold enough to commit these types of brazen acts in broad daylight & with plenty of people around AND he was not being properly monitored at that time.

    I think it's a distinct possibility that this guy could have grabbed Kyron. Especially if Kyron came back outside after the last time he was sighted. I think police need to track down every vehicle this guy is connected to and look for evidence.
    I take HLN with a grain of salt. There is no way that freak pedo orchestrated Kyron's abduction BY HIMSELF from Skyline School. By his very impulsive and highly irrational actions, this sick pervert just doesn't fit this well thought out crime, in my opinion.

  48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helenstreet For This Useful Post:


Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Haleigh's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13
    By Kimster in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 944
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 02:20 PM
  2. court in recess until 3/13/2012 general discussion thread
    By nursebeeme in forum Victoria Stafford
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 07:43 AM
  3. General Discussion-Thread No. 25
    By christine2448 in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 460
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 02:55 PM
  4. General Discussion Thread No. 16
    By Jeana (DP) in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 441
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 01:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •