Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    How did Zimmerman know Trayvon was in his late teens.

It was dark, raining, the kid was 6'3. What clues allowed Zimmerman to guess his age so close?
    The police report said Trayvon was 6'0" not 6'3".

ETA: Trayvon reportedly didn't have his hood up on his head at first so Zimmerman could've had a good view of him to guess his age?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to francie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
    Well, this certainly takes the cake. Unbelievable.

"Shaken Baby Syndrome" used in defense of Trayvon Martin's killer

SANFORD, Florida (Reuters) - "Shaken Baby Syndrome" was cited on Friday in the defense of George Zimmerman, the Sanford, Florida, man who shot and killed unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, in a case that has sparked a widespread public outcry.

Hal Uhrig, a lawyer and former Gainesville, Florida, police officer who recently joined Zimmerman's defense team, cited in a TV interview the brain damage that can seriously injure or kill an infant.

http://whtc.com/news/articles/2012/a...artins-killer/
    Rut Roh, They seem to be distancing themselves from the concrete. LOL

"We're familiar with the Shaken Baby Syndrome," said Uhrig on the CBS This Morning program. "You shake a baby, the brain shakes around inside the skull. You can die when someone's pounding your head into the ground."

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
    If would be very disappointed in LE if they used the info from his cell phone, student ID or DL to positively ID Trayvon enough to list his name on the police report. It is incorrect that LE waits to contact families of deceased persons unless that person is identified, as usually it is info from the family that helps to make sure they are positively identified.
    bbm

What I meant specifically was in reference to LE CALLING his mother in Miami at 3 am. I was saying that they would not call her at 3 am to notify her that a body was found, imo.
    They would send an officer in the morning in person, imo.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

WOW JUST WOW.

The office of the State Attorney, 4th Judicial Circuit, State Attorney Angela Corey has requested that the City of Sanford remove all reports, videos and audio pertaining to the Martin/Zimmerman case from the website. Their office has provided legal justification for the action and they believe further access to the information will have an adverse effect on their efforts to come to a resolution to this investigation.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/index.html

Oh and GET THIS!

They have removed the police report too!!!

Rut Roh, They seem to be distancing themselves from the concrete. LOL

"We're familiar with the Shaken Baby Syndrome," said Uhrig on the CBS This Morning program. "You shake a baby, the brain shakes around inside the skull. You can die when someone's pounding your head into the ground."

Either that OR in the event of NO arrest, they are "setting the stage" for a Civil claim for the "injuries" GZ suffered while he was "defending" himself??? Grrrr....

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marlame For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TonyGatto View Post
    Good point. But I think this whole John Doe his body was left in the morgue for three days and his family wasn't allowed to view the body is more an Internet meme than anything else. Family attorneys, I would think, would be all over it, if that were the case. Anybody know when the wake was held, the funeral?
    I had found a photo of his funeral card (you know the photo that is given at the funeral with the person's photo and date of birth and death). If you google it under images you will see it.
    "She will be mutha of the year" Rick Anthony's response to Cindy

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frenchvixen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
    Well, this certainly takes the cake. Unbelievable.

"Shaken Baby Syndrome" used in defense of Trayvon Martin's killer

SANFORD, Florida (Reuters) - "Shaken Baby Syndrome" was cited on Friday in the defense of George Zimmerman, the Sanford, Florida, man who shot and killed unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, in a case that has sparked a widespread public outcry.

Hal Uhrig, a lawyer and former Gainesville, Florida, police officer who recently joined Zimmerman's defense team, cited in a TV interview the brain damage that can seriously injure or kill an infant.

IMO, they are running defense options up a flagpole and seeing how they fly.
    It is cheaper to just mention it in a TV interview than to pay a focus group.

JMO, I don't see much in common with between a 2 month old infant and a 28yo man.
    Most 28yo's are able to control their head, hold their head up, and move it away. They can also roll over, stand, walk, run, and they are generally kinda hard to pick up and shake.
    Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    Editing out the part of the dispatch asking GZ whether the suspect is white black or hispanic is not trivial in my book. jmo

I am about as far as you can get from a racist, but would probably mention a race or skin color when asked for a description. The problem I have with George's phone call isn't that he described Trayvon as looking black, but that he didn't have much of a reason for calling the police. The real telling part is when George says "these (expletive deleted) always get away". What was George's reason for thinking Trayvon was an (expletive deleted)?
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 04-06-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: personal attack

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Footwarrior For This Useful Post:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...1-audio-tapes/

Corey has said that there is no guarantee that the case will even go before a grand jury and sources within her office tell ABC News that an arrest, if it does occur, will not occur before next week.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:

Oh and GET THIS!

Mr. Bonaparte's open letter to the public is VERY well written, IMHO, and perfectly lays out the city's position.

It's seeming clearer and clearer - to me - that Zimmerman will never be arrested and charged, and that that's the right decision.

And interesting that Bonaparte goes so far as to say that Tracy Martin "misconstrued" the conversation with LE where Martin states LE characterized Zimmerman as "squeaky clean". Hm. Pretty forceful.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Please be sure to add these links in the media thread. It's an interesting newsday already!

You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    I also do not think GZ was ever appointed as a courtesy officer by the HOA. At the very least owners and residents would have been aware of who he was and what his function was in order for them to cooperate. The only information circulated was by LE that if residents had questions about the NWP they could contact GZ. That was not giving GZ the authority for anything other than administrative contacts. GZ, however, obviously took it to the max using that as an excuse to promote himself to a position of authority.

If RZ knew his son had this arrangement he would have certainly mentioned it by now. It appears GZ has had this obsession for a long time. Obviously if GZ felt so unsafe in this community, and he was only leasing his home, he should have moved out to a safer community......unless, he enjoyed his role as self-appointed watchman. jmo
    I don't disagree with you LC - as far as the NWP, he volunteered for the job, but that doesn't mean the management company may have also had an arrangement with him - management would take care of the rented units for the bank, HOA would be over the owned units.

I tend to agree with you after looking at the calls - there were only about 6 per year - not nearly what one would expect of a non-commissioned courtesy officer. The thing that bothers me though, his calls escalated once he appointed himself NWB captain....and made me re-think my position that he may have been CO at his previous apartments. The apartments from 2005 are over 500 units, no way was he a non-commissioned CO there with so few calls to LE. A property that size would have law enforcement patrol anyway - if for no other reason than to have their marked cars visible.

However - if GZ made friends with the cops that were patrol officers on the communities, he might see himself as helping them out, getting in good in case he needed references if and when he applied himself. Patrol officers who work as CO's on properties really don't do much at all - they're just a presence for the most part.

I do think he wanted to be a cop and I don't think he should have been issued a gun - what happened with Trayvon was bound to happen. IMO

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

Oh and GET THIS!

Was anyone able to grab these before they disappeared?

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Mr. Bonaparte's open letter to the public is VERY well written, IMHO, and perfectly lays out the city's position.

It's seeming clearer and clearer - to me - that Zimmerman will never be arrested and charged, and that that's the right decision.

And interesting that Bonaparte goes so far as to say that Tracy Martin "misconstrued" the conversation with LE where Martin states LE characterized Zimmerman as "squeaky clean". Hm. Pretty forceful.
    Here's a link to Mr. Bonaparte's letter.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/86330859/Z...artin-Shooting

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast