Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriej View Post
    --those answers are not given by Mr. Bonaparte.

--from bonaparte's letter:

"In an effort to continue to be as responsive as possible to the public seeking information on
    the incident, I have asked Chief Lee to provide answers to some of the most frequently
    asked questions regarding this matter. Below are his responses."
    You are absolutely right. I was paying more attention to the questions and answers and not to the part saying who they were from.

He should have used quote marks and not signed it at the bottom. He should have put his name under the part he said at the top.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Is adding information altering? If they had a police report on a shooting death and they didn't know the identity of the deceased, is it unethical to go back later and add in the identity once it is known?

I don't know, is why I'm asking.
    Only if they leave the original date on the actual report and don't add the date of the addition.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    Oh and GET THIS!

They have removed the police report too!!!

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/index.html
    Quite Orwellian if you ask me IMO

Sent from my Huawei U8800-51 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rbrnmw2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
    I'm not questioning whether or not George received some kind of little boo boo in a scuffle. However, when you read the chronological narrative of the police report and realize the severity of his "beating" required only a few minutes of treatment before he was CLEARED for transport, I am questioning whether they rose to the level of justifiably "fearing for one's life".

Particularly when he walked into the jail less than 36 minutes after pulling the trigger, at 7:52 pm, looking fresh as a daisy.
    I would urge everyone to be very careful after any blow to the head or TBI.

From personal experience after being struck in the head with an object I declined to be transported. I was conscious, alert, was not bleeding, skin was not open, and did not have a lump of any sort.

It was not till many hours later that symptoms began to present. I vaguely remember being in an ambulance and I don't recall a number of days after that

8. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

Trayvon Martin protest: Students will march for 3 days

A coalition of college students will spend the next three days marching about 40 miles between Daytona Beach and Sanford to protest the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

The group, which calls itself the Dream Defenders, said the march is a "stand against racial profiling, institutional racism and the legacy of violence that continues to plague young people of color."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...death-marchers

10. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Thank you Allusonz.

I believe that's the reason GZ's attorney alluded to the 'shaken baby syndrome' scenario, in that there's not much visible evidence to the eye that there's injury, but one can die from it.

I believe it may not have been a good analogy as of course, people will jump on those words, 'shaken baby syndrome,' and not pay attention to what he means by it.

JMHO
    fran

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Can someone please help me understand this whole "under the law, you don't need to be injured to fear for your life" thing? At what point would a reasonable person think that GZ shooting TM is justified?

• Opponent is unarmed and has not touched you – not reasonable
    • If you think your opponent has a gun because of preconceived notions you have about people like him, but you haven’t actually seen a weapon – not reasonable
    • He says something straight out of a cheesy movie like, “You’re going to die tonight.” – not reasonable
    • Someone jumps you from behind - ?
    • Someone punches you in the face - ?
    • Someone is on top of you, struggling for the gun that you pulled on him - ?

I know that some people are going to say that killing someone who initiated the fight and is beating your head into the ground is reasonable, but the question I have for those people is: do you really think Trayvon was wailing like his life was ending while beating GZ nearly to death (and yes, I think it was Trayvon screaming, supported by the analysis of the two audio experts)?

JMO.

Is adding information altering? If they had a police report on a shooting death and they didn't know the identity of the deceased, is it unethical to go back later and add in the identity once it is known?

I don't know, is why I'm asking.
    I think it's unethical. That info could be added to a follow up or supplemental report.

15. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to HiHater For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
    I don't think any level of "enhancement" to that video will ever allow it rise to the level of acceptance with a jury that the UNENHANCED image of Tracy Martin's son will:

When Tracy Martin greeted the police that morning, a plainclothes detective asked him to describe his son. "He asked me what he last had on. He asked me if I had any recent pictures," Martin said.

"I showed him a recent picture in the camera and he shook his head and said, 'OK, let me go to my car and get something.'" The detective returned with a folder.

It was drizzling, and he asked Martin if they could go inside. When they were seated he pulled out a photo. It was Trayvon, dead at the scene - his eyes rolled back, a tear on his cheek, saliva coming from his mouth.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8320UK20120403

What a horrible, horrible way to realize the fate of your child.
    I know many would would love to believe that this was a teardrop.

I do believe though and this is MOO that it was more apt to be a raindrop.

Maybe God's way of grieving?

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

Well, I guess we can drop the speculation about whether or not Trayvon was at the 7-11 on the night of his murder...

Georgia Students Gather In Sanford For Trayvon Martin

A corporate spokeswoman for 7-Eleven said on Thursday they have a video secured at corporate headquarters showing Martin the night he was killed.
    An executive with 7-Eleven viewed the tape and can confirm: "he observed an African American male in a hoodie purchase Skittles and an iced tea between 6 and 6:30 that evening."

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/trayvon-martin-e...#ixzz1rHyJyZmJ

Quote Originally Posted by Allusonz View Post
    I know many would would love to believe that this was a teardrop.

I do believe though and this is MOO that it was more apt to be a raindrop.

Maybe God's way of grieving?
    I do not believe it's up to us to decide if it is a teardrop or a raindrop, the whole point of the post is to show how callous and unconcerned the Sanford Police Dept treated the father of a murder victim by showing him a picture of his child laying face down in the grass after he was murdered. To Tracy Martin that represented a tear drop and I do not believe it should be up to anyone to decipher or interpret how Mr. Martin felt at that moment to see his beloved son lying face down with a bullet through him.

~jmo~

The video was very grainy. What they ended up with, in the enhancement, IMHO, is what it would have looked like if you were standing behind him looking at it in person with your eyes. I don't believe the enhancement was intended to make the injuries appear worse, but rather appear correct.
    I can't help but have my suspicions about the enhanced photo because I know pictures can be photo shopped and made to look like anything. I am not saying it was photo shopped to make it look like GZ's injuries are worse, but just that I have some doubt.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CathyinTexas For This Useful Post:

Looks like supporters of Chief Lee have begun a campaign.
    Supporters launch effort to bring back Sanford police Chief Bill Lee
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...onfidence-vote

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
    Well, I guess we can drop the speculation about whether or not Trayvon was at the 7-11 on the night of his murder...

Georgia Students Gather In Sanford For Trayvon Martin

A corporate spokeswoman for 7-Eleven said on Thursday they have a video secured at corporate headquarters showing Martin the night he was killed.
    An executive with 7-Eleven viewed the tape and can confirm: "he observed an African American male in a hoodie purchase Skittles and an iced tea between 6 and 6:30 that evening."

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/trayvon-martin-e...#ixzz1rHyJyZmJ
    Thanks. It's interesting that the videotape doesn't have a time stamp that allows him to be more accurate about when Trayvon was there.

At a minimum, it took him 45 minutes to get back into the complex, or at any rate, 45 minutes (minimum) after purchasing the items he was still outside in the complex. Which leads to a question. What was he doing with that time? He wasn't going to the store and coming back, he was doing something else, likely innocent, but whatever it was is likely the reason he appeared suspicious to GZ.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Thank you Allusonz.

I believe that's the reason GZ's attorney alluded to the 'shaken baby syndrome' scenario, in that there's not much visible evidence to the eye that there's injury, but one can die from it.

I believe it may not have been a good analogy as of course, people will jump on those words, 'shaken baby syndrome,' and not pay attention to what he means by it.

JMHO
    fran
    It may turn out to be the perfect analogy, Fran. Because after we've debated it for a few weeks, we will have forgotten there is no proof it ever happened in the first place.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast