Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    I think the difference here is that Trayvon was in trouble for three things in the past:

1) writing obscene graffiti on the wall (my DD's 5th grade class is having the same problem in the boys' room right now)
    2) an empty packet with marijuana residue (not a good sign but not illegal either)
    3) jewelry that could not be matched to any reported theft and a screwdriver "that they felt could be used as a burglary tool."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/p...8#.T38B8I6Q2KM

None of those things has any bearing on the night of 2/26 because even GZ has not said that Trayvon was:

1) writing on anything or vandalizing anything
    2) smoking pot or anything else
    3) breaking into a house, trying doorknobs, checking windows, or anything else to indicate that he was planning to rob someone. He was "looking around." That's all. I assume GZ was also "looking around" since he saw TM.

Also, TM was not found with a weapon, jewelry or anything else that had been stolen, graffiti tools, or so much as a bobby pin to break in somewhere.

OTOH:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1392591.html

GZ has a history of violent acts, especially over people he seems to feel some authority over, like the woman at the party where he was the bouncer, or his ex. For example:

In addition, he seems to have some trouble accepting someone else's authority over him, like a police dispatcher (no, I understand it's not illegal to ignore their advice, but it's also not smart.)

And then there is the history of making a BFD out of nothing and calling police. Not to mention following the person and creating a more dangerous situation than the one he initially called about.

So when people bring up Trayvon's "history" it does reek of blaming the victim. When people bring up GZ's history it is absolutely relevant to what might have happened here. I believe that GZ called police and made a BFD out of nothing, as he had in the past; followed Trayvon, as he had others in the past; ignored the dispatcher's advice; and assaulted Trayvon as he had others in the past.

When you add in that the lead detective on the scene didn't believe GZ's story, when you add in that the funeral director said Trayvon's body showed no sign of a fight or scuffle, when you add in the lack of emergency medical treatment for GZ and the video where he appears to be just fine...it seems obvious to me that this is at least enough reason to investigate and possibly go to trial.

I am not being the judge, jury and executioner for GZ. I am not saying he is guilty (although I think that is most likely). I am saying there needs to be an investigation. I think someone needs to take this seriously. And I don't think anyone did until people started protesting and sharing on social media and making a fuss. While I agree that GZ shouldn't be arrested b/c of the outcry, I also don't think it should have taken this kind of outcry to prompt an investigation. It warranted one all by itself.

I also have to say that it makes me crazy that a 19 yo I know was taken into police custody and held in the jail over a fake ID at a bar longer than GZ was the night he admittedly shot an unarmed teenager. The city of Sanford has no one to blame for this except themselves. If they had arrested GZ that night, investigated, and then released him saying it appeared he acted in self-defense, I don't think anyone would have ever heard of either GZ or TM.

Just my
    I want to frame this post and hang it on my wall.

Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Thanks. It's interesting that the videotape doesn't have a time stamp that allows him to be more accurate about when Trayvon was there.

At a minimum, it took him 45 minutes to get back into the complex, or at any rate, 45 minutes (minimum) after purchasing the items he was still outside in the complex. Which leads to a question. What was he doing with that time? He wasn't going to the store and coming back, he was doing something else, likely innocent, but whatever it was is likely the reason he appeared suspicious to GZ.
    DISCLAIMER: The above is my OPINION only. Unless stated otherwise, I neither claim nor imply any inside knowledge or expert opinion about any subject I happen to be discussing. The reader assumes full responsibility for any conclusions my writing might cause them to reach. Warning: may cause drowsiness, do not operate heavy machinery while reading

3. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Chris_Texas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I'm still ruminating on this. It's not like he went back and changed an observation (for example, stating an officer noticed a suspect's limp when that in fact wasn't noticed until days later). I don't think adding the deceased's identity to this changes anything - it would be like adding an address, or phone number, or cop's badge number, or other information pertinent to the case that wouldn't change over time, but had not been in the report because it wasn't known at the time. The initial police report of a shooting that left off the identity of the deceased's identity is incomplete, and not the best recordkeeping practice, IMHO if they learn the identity and don't add it for clarity.

I don't see how filling in one of the blanks once the answer becomes known falsifies the report. Or even in any way looks suspicious. It makes it a more accurate, useful document. Trayvon's identity didn't change between 3:07 a.m. and whenever they added his identity to the report.
    What else did they change?

Neither of us know. We can speculate. And that's why you don't alter documents.
    DISCLAIMER: The above is my OPINION only. Unless stated otherwise, I neither claim nor imply any inside knowledge or expert opinion about any subject I happen to be discussing. The reader assumes full responsibility for any conclusions my writing might cause them to reach. Warning: may cause drowsiness, do not operate heavy machinery while reading

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    I don't know if this was talked about before but that last link, had a comment under it which contains a link for a slowed down version of the screaming 911 call.
    Thanks much, I listened to that from another link that I can't find now.

Dunno if we can post the audio link, but it's in the comments under the article here
    http://www.wesh.com/trayvon-martin-e...#ixzz1rHyJyZmJ

May be these ole ears, but it almost sounds like 2 shots. And it sounds as if the people making the 911 call mention shots, and make reference to a shot at 2 different times after a 'noise'

anyway, there is some sort of a loud noise, before the 2nd louder noise

but, we know GZ only fired off one shot ..

wonder what that other noise was......
    just speculating.......

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to KateNY For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KateNY View Post

Dunno if we can post the audio link, but it's in the comments under the article here

May be these ole ears, but it almost sounds like 2 shots. And it sounds as if the people making the 911 call mention shots, and make reference to a shot at 2 different times after a 'noise'

echo ?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:

Amongst the voice that seems like its saying "whoaaaa", I heard a voice speaking normal, either the guy with the gal making the call or maybe the other 911 caller who said he shouted stop at them.
    The most heard voice is doing some talking well shouting of other words which a good FBI team could probably figure out what he's saying. I am not even sure if I am hearing the word. "help".

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
    The corporate executive states Trayvon was in the store between 6-6:30 p.m. If it takes 45 minutes to walk to the store then obviously it takes 45 minutes to walk back so if he left the store at 6 p.m., he would have arrived back at the complex at 6:45. If he left the store at 6:30 p.m., it would have taken him until 7:15 p.m. to make it back. I fail to understand why anyone keeps needing to throw in the things that Trayvon "might have been" doing.

~jmo~
    With all due respect, we dissected GZ's trip to Target last night for many pages. Some may not simply accept that GZ got out of his truck and gunned down an innocent young man walking with a bag of skittles. Maybe there was a reason for GZ's suspicion. Does this make the fact that GZ had a gun and should NOT have, go away? Of course not, I just want to know more about what Trayvon was doing and why he looked suspicious - maybe learn why he may have punched GZ instead of going home.

In spite of all the stories of Trayvon playing with the kids in the community, etc., no one seemed to know who he was the night he died. Was he just not that familiar with the community and got lost looking for Brandi's building?

No arrest has been made and there's a reason. I'd like to explore new information without feeling I am taking a side.

JMO

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

I'm still stuck on you've killed someone and a week or two later all you can say is, "I thought it would have blown over by now"

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...0,768039.story

"It's just starting to sink in" to Zimmerman how big the controversy over the shooting has become, Oliver said. "Up until this point, because he was there and he knows what happened ... he has been very confident -- naively -- that this would all blow over."

What 17-year-old would want to talk to his girlfriend in front of a 13-year-old boy? The 13-year-old would be making kissing noises and slobbering on his hand making fun of the conversations. I also believe that Trayvon wanted a little time to himself to be able to talk to his girlfriend. Sad that something so sweet and innocent could turn out like this?
    Justice for Trayvon

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    What 17-year-old would want to talk to his girlfriend in front of a 13-year-old boy? The 13-year-old would be making kissing noises and slobbering on his hand making fun of the conversations. I also believe that Trayvon wanted a little time to himself to be able to talk to his girlfriend. Sad that something so sweet and innocent could turn out like this?
    Oh and then the 13 yr old would threaten to tell the whole world, or just tell as soon as he got the chance.
    Justice for Caylee

"We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KateNY View Post

I'm no expert, but have some experience with guns (9mm) I'll try and explain what I hear, I hear the crack of the bullet leaving the chamber, and the echo that follows. The echo between the buildings could have made it sound like more shots were fired. JMO I hope this helps.

18. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to uvamerica For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by flourish View Post
    I want to frame this post and hang it on my wall.
    Thank you for bumping that.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to highflyer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    I'm still stuck on you've killed someone and a week or two later all you can say is, "I thought it would have blown over by now"

"It's just starting to sink in" to Zimmerman how big the controversy over the shooting has become, Oliver said. "Up until this point, because he was there and he knows what happened ... he has been very confident -- naively -- that this would all blow over."
    Is Oliver his lawyer? A new lawyer? Sounds like he needs to go back to school. There are some things you just don't say, and your client thinking this would blow over is DEFINITELY not something you say out loud much less to the media! Jeebus. *facepalm*

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post

See, this is what I am talking about. GZ is NOT the one who said that. It was said by a guy who may or may not be his friend. Someone who admitted he hadn't even seen him after the shooting. But then GZ is now being judged for a statement that he did not even make. And to say " ALL HE CAN SAY about the killing is this ..." is really unfair, imo. Because he didn't say it, and it is not the only thing he has said, surely.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    Is Oliver his lawyer? A new lawyer? Sounds like he needs to go back to school. There are some things you just don't say, and your client thinking this would blow over is DEFINITELY not something you say out loud much less to the media! Jeebus. *facepalm*
    But there are no quotes in that article. Who says what GZ said IF ANYTHING, about it blowing over.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast